• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Do You Still Play Black Ops 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcloutier

Recruit
Now that Black Ops 2 is out, do you still play Black Ops 1?

I know that for me, personally, I don't hardly play at all! I wouldn't ever, if my boyfriend didn't put it in the playstation from time to time. There are some things that I like about Black Ops 1 better than 2, but not enough to play it often. I'm too caught up in trying to level up my guns and get new playercards.

What about you?

Melvin

Recruit
I played Black Ops for the first day, then I never bothered to play it again. If I remember correctly, the day of its release, the PC games were eating up too much memory and it took them about a week to fix it.

I'm a fan of the COD series, and I think they should at least put a game through a rigid beta testing phase before they release it into the market. When Black Ops Came out...they didn't, and because of that, I never bothered to play it.

kamy

Recruit
Na I have never been a fan of black ops 1 I played it for the first month or so but after that I only played zombies. The zombies maps from black ops 1 were great never got bored of them.

Halbit22

Recruit
I play Black Ops every now and then, but my go to game most of the time is Call of Duty 4. Since the game is so dead I had to join up on a community that holds matches within itself. I play Black Ops from time to time, but for me it is so hard to get into a match. The best feature in Black Ops is the dive, by the way.

hamz10

Recruit
Yeah, I still play it more than BO2 because the maps in my opinion are better, plus I just overall like it better than BO2. I still play both so chill everyone!

I play MW2 most of the time over Black Ops 1.

AndrewC

Recruit
I put way too much on that game and yeah every now and then I still play it, I love playing on Firing Range, that was my favorite map and I really didn't like how futuristic Black Ops 2 is, if I wanted something like that I'd play Halo.

SilverAtom

Recruit
Nope, I usually trade my old games in whenever a new release comes out since I know for a fact I'm going to be playing that new game as much as I can so I prefer to give the old ones to lower the price a little for the new game since we all know the prices are really high nowadays.

Giffen

Recruit
I still play Black Ops 1, as it is the only COD game I still have. I'm saving up money for Black Ops 2. But I'm still a relatively low level on Xbox Live, because I usually play Zombies or Local modes. I beat the campaign a few times.

nicudeemus

Recruit
To be honest black ops one was one of my favorite CODs, I thought the story was great. Black ops 2 kind of disappointed me on the story aspect, didn't really offer anything new, just seemed like they'd sold out and made it all futuristic.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
Now that Black Ops 2 is out, do you still play Black Ops 1?

I know that for me, personally, I don't hardly play at all! I wouldn't ever, if my boyfriend didn't put it in the playstation from time to time. There are some things that I like about Black Ops 1 better than 2, but not enough to play it often. I'm too caught up in trying to level up my guns and get new playercards.

What about you?

As a rule, I tend to stick to the most recent title simply because it's where my friends are and the one people are talking about. A game like CoD, where the player has a high degree of freedom in customizing their in-game experience, lends itself really well to social activities like forum posting and conversation so you always want to be involved with that. But I definitely agree that there are things I like better about Black Ops which I feel Black Ops II didn't quite match. (This is true of every CoD game I play. I always find things I like and things I dont like comparatively). So I do pop in the old title from time to time. Mostly I just wish it were possible to access old maps. My little dream world would include a feature allowing you access to the franchise's entire back catalogue of online maps.

GreenCamino

Recruit
Of the Black Ops series I only play the first one. I'm not a fan of the past couple of Call of Duties released at all. I feel like they're just trying too hard. The Black Ops campaign mode is my favorite campaign of all of the games, though it's tied with World at War, and the multiplayer is great. The multiplayer gives the same kind of feel as World at War and I have great interest in the era that the game takes place. I feel that Black Ops 2 is honestly a terrible game.

visto

Recruit
All the time. There's just little things about it I like, certain guns, certain maps (coughNUKETOWNcough), it holds up very well over time. Not to say I still won't play BO2, but BO1 has a lasting quality about it. I hope other people feel the same and will keep appearing in multiplayer.

I just can't get enough of the zombie maps from Black Ops 1. Every week I tend to hop onto the old trusty xbox and hammer away a few matches, both online and off. I don't have as much time as I used to but I still try to get some gaming in for a little steam blowing. Also, Nuketown is still super fun to run around in. :)

apriapism

Recruit
I haven't gone back to black ops 1 since the 2nd one came out. I don't really see a reason for me to want to except to play the single player again, I somewhat like black ops 2 better.

NasAssassin

Recruit
Of course I still play it! It was, in my own humble opinion, one of the best Call of Duty games released in the franchise.
I found that the Campaign was easily the one of the greatest, second only to the Modern Warfare storyline, and the zombies were obviously a huge talking point.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
It's hard to go back to older titles when the newest one is out. You feel everybody else is getting ahead of you while you are falling back into games that aren't really relative anymore.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind hopping on Black Ops 1 and playing a few games. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia!

SkinTight

Recruit
Sometimes.

I agree with the dude above me, sometimes it's harder downgrading back to the first version of a franchise because it has that "basic" feel to it. When i used to play with my friend he would want to play mw2 all the time instead of Mw3. It sucked using old weapons.

Bob

Recruit
I really enjoy these Call of Duty games... but in reality, I have only played Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3.

As I've said before (I'm just spreading awareness), I don't own a gaming console, so as a result, I have to go to a friend's house to play it. I have a somewhat extensive knowledge of Black Ops because of a sudden interest quite a long time ago that went out as quickly as it started, but that's probably enough to get me by.

I guess I still lean towards Black Ops 1 because my friend wasn't able to load Black Ops 2 the other day, so I never got a chance to play it. After a hiatus from Call of Duty, I recently went to another friend's house, and so we played some!

In response to the OP (original post), I still play Black Ops 1 in the sense that I have not even seen Black Ops 2 yet, although I play it extremely infrequently. In my opinion though, I still do know quite a bit about it, so don't hesitate to ask! :D

I still play the old CoD games, I enjoy Black Ops 1 more then Black Ops 2 as Black Ops 2 is pretty much just an update to Black Ops 1. I still enjoy Black Ops 1, It's enjoyable to go back to it occasionally.

I own it on the Xbox and the PS3, I mostly play Black Ops 2 on the Xbox but it's always fun to go back and play on the old servers. I also like playing MW2 as I don't think it's monitored anymore and people always have modded lobbies.

If anybody is up for a game of Black Ops add my GT S7 4T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements