• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Is Gaz, Ghost? | Let's Settle This

Did you find this information useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost17697

Recruit
In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare there was a non-playable character named Gaz who served in the SAS. He was shot and killed in the final mission of the game...

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (the sequel) there was a non playable character named Ghost with the exact same voice. This formed a speculation that Gaz had not been killed in Modern Warfare and only wounded. This is not true. Gaz was shot directly in the head at point blank range which means no chance of survival...

In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on the mission - Mind the Gap (just after the train wreck in the subway) you awake to find a member of your squad named Seargant Wallcroft standing in front of you speaking on his radio. He also has the same voice as Gaz and Ghost. But Ghost was shot point blank in the chest and then burnt and left to die so also had no chance of survival...

So now to answer the question: YES and NO

YES - In real life all 3 characters are the same person (Craig Fairbrass). Here is a direct quote from Wikipedia evidencing this.

"He voiced Gaz in the videogame Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007), Ghost in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) and Sgt. Wallcroft in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)."

NO - because in the actual story these 3 characters are different people as they would've been born to different families if they were real...

THE MORE APPROPRIATE ANSWER IS NO THOUGH AS THE CHARACTERS ARE NOT THE SAME CHARACTER, JUST VOICED BY THE SAME ACTOR.

I hope this has helped you understand why Gaz is NOT Ghost and/or Sgt. Wallcroft :)

PS please vote on the poll saying yes or no as this will tell me if I need to work on my explanation :) Also comment saying whether I could improve or tell me what I did well :D

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I say no. For the story reason alone. Just because all three are voiced by the same actor, doesn't mean that the story makes the theory that Gaz is a double agent. Gaz was shot in the fucking face.

Ghost17697

Recruit
I say no. For the story reason alone. Just because all three are voiced by the same actor, doesn't mean that the story makes the theory that Gaz is a double agent. Gaz was shot in the fucking face.

I agree with you entirely :D

I was just saying that all 3 were voiced by the same actor so when i gave a reason for "YES" I was just saying that in real life, the actor who voiced GAZ is the same person who voiced GHOST.

This is what started the speculation in the first place.. people heard Ghost and thought "that sounds like Gaz, he must have survived".

But he didnt survive (like you said he was shot in the face**). Ghost had the same voice as Gaz because they were both played by the same actor...

** this also made people believe Gaz was Ghost as Ghost wore a mask which could be covering his face wounds... But this obviously isnt true as you cant live through being shot point blank in the face...

So youre right and i agree with you :)

Also, did you answer the poll question? plz answer it, that would really help me out :)

Gaz Jr

Recruit
I believe gaz is ghost and ghost is wallcroft. CPT. Price calls him ghost due to him being " back from the dead". The trajectory showed that it wasn't a head shot at all! It was a simple back shot! And everybody could've survived a back shot! In mw2 notice the clot of blood is on ghost's (gaz) shoulder! And also they only poured Karocine on you and even if they did get any on ghost, he was wearing a fireproof vest so it wouldn't effect him! And the guy in the smoke from mw3 has headphones and ghost is the only one who where's headphones. So ha! Y'all got pwnd:cool::)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements