1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

A favorite of the older titles

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 3' started by BTCGuru81, Mar 31, 2013.

Sponsored
  1. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Recruit

I'm not sure what other people's experiences have been with this title. Around my local group of friends and online friends, I notice a lot of hate for Call of Duty 3. Thing is, I didn't get to do a lot in the way of online mode play back during that title's cycle but I did play the single player campaign mode quite a bit. I loved barreling my way through the French country side, clearing small villas of Nazi invaders. It stood out to me as a really fun experience.

Anyone else have love for this game? Anyone hate it? Why?

2. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

Honestly despite what a lot of people said about COD 3, I loved this game and it was an engaging experience. The campaign had some intense moments, and the OST was amazing. Although, in my opinion, it wasn't as good as the Modern Warfare 1 or Call of Duty 2.

3. GreenCamino

GreenCamino Recruit

To be honest, I think think that the newer Call of Duty games are greatly lacking. I like Call of Duty 3 much more than Modern Warfare 3 and 4. I feel like they're running out of ideas and after Modern Warfare 2 I haven't even enjoyed any new CoD games. I'm not sure if you could necessarily call World at War one of the older titles but that's my favorite of them all, too bad it's hard to find a multiplayer game that isn't being hacked but I still love it for the campaign mode.

4. RetJoSek

RetJoSek Recruit

I wasn't a huge fan of cod3, I mean I can recognise that it is a very good made, and the teamwork aspect of multiplayer is something that is lacking most of the more recent titles. However I do not like World War 2 FPS's. I found (and still do) the WW2 era shooters way overdone and I ended up finding them boring, considering the number of them which existed. So although I recognise the game is very good, I found CoD4 much more to my tastes.

5. riku517

riku517 Recruit

CoD3 was a decent game, my brother and I got the most of it, but I'll have to agree with the fact that WW2 has been overdone to the point that it becomes cliche. Regardless, it was a fairly enjoyable game for both my brother and me.

6. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Recruit

It's good to see other people enjoyed it as much as I did. I was starting to think I was the only one. Production values in the older CoD games were a step above what I see for the single player campaigns of modern offerings. Not that people really buy them anymore for anything other than multiplayer, but still.

7. nicudeemus

nicudeemus Recruit

considering it as one of the first games coming out on ps3 it was awesome, obviously graphics and animations have been improved in newer CODs, but the story was better in many ways than most newer CODs.

8. apriapism

apriapism Recruit

CoD3 is the first game I played when I got my xbox 360. I thought it was a lot of fun, this was back when I never played online so I never got to experience the online play, I heard it was quite fun.

9. samb222

samb222 Recruit

COD3 was the first COD I owned, and to be honest I enjoyed it greatly. I haven't played it recently though so I assume the online is dead, but I really enjoyed the campaign mode and I think it's the only CoD campaign that I've actually completed.

10. Gamer

Gamer Recruit

COD is a special game for me...i played it a lot...and its one of my favorite out of others :)

11. bsge11

bsge11 Recruit

I have this game on my Nintendo Wii. I thought it was fun to play, because the wii controls were fun and not hard to control. The weapons were descent, though not as good as the modern ones, but still fun to shoot.

12. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

Well I never played this game, but the fact that it didn't release on PC, is a good enough reason for me not to like it. Just kidding. I have watched a few game-play videos of it on YouTube, and it looks really bad, game-play wise. They should have kept the CoD 2 mechanics. Honestly, tho, I think they released it at a wrong time. Before CoD 3 there were 2 CoD games about WW2, and 1 expansion (United Offensive for CoD 1). I think people back then were fed up with WW2 CoD games. Just like I am fed up with modern and future warfare right now, at least as far as Call of Duty is concerned. I'd love a new WW2 Call of Duty.