• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

A Noob says Hey everyone!

KamiCollie

Recruit
Hey all. Band new player here. So I'm not much of a shooter gamer. I really just play sports games. I've owned Destiny and MW3 and I WANTED to like MW3 but really sucked at it & soon traded it in. A lot of my friends play Black Ops 3 now and I picked it up to join them. What should I know about this game and can I survive this time? The biggest issue I'm having right now is I try to learn from my mistakes but being a noob with a game so far into the series, it's pretty difficult to find info to learn from scratch. My friends say just 'aim and shoot'. Well yeah - *but I always seem to see my enemy AFTER they've seen me. Has to be more than 75% of the time. I always feel TERRIBLE when my team loses if I had a lot to do with it. In fact, the is extremely frustrating but I never really want to quit other than the feeling i get that I'm hurting the team. I'd love some objective input from this community if possible. Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Welcome to Black Ops 3 Forums! :)

MW3 was a shitty game. Don't feel bad that you felt that way. I also wanted to like it. But the game had some broken parts that made you think, "What the fuck?" There was just a lot of glitches. I still played the game regardless.

Destiny is a bore to me. Hey, that's just my prerogative, my opinion. I like sci-fi stuff, but the game felt ...bland. I wanted to progress a little further, but there just isn't something I wanted to do in Destiny. I've heard it's a loots a'fun, like Borderlands.

Black Ops 3 is a good game so far. Of the whole game, Single Player and Multiplayer are my favorite modes. Nightmares is nice, but it requires a lot of patience because you really have to finish a section to progress. Zombies is same ol' Black Ops Zombies. At some point, I'll spend some time to get far in that mode.

Anyhoo, back to your post. You just got to learn the maps all over again. But this time, with thrust jumps, wall walking, aiming and shooting, throwing bombs, setting up traps, etc. Find a class that you're comfortable with, and find a weapon that you like. For example: Because Kuda is your "starter" weapon, I progressed enough to get silencer, and start dominating. The thing is, the trick is to know where enemies are going to come from. Now, I'm not saying you should "choke point" locations, but really understand where you last were killed, and go back there and get your revenge. Sometimes they stay in one area, sometimes they don't. So, your job is really... to understand where the 'hotspot' is. It helps to have a reflex - which is what your friends were trying to tell you. Aim and shoot.

Some players don't really check their corners, so like I said - learn the maps, sneak into the hotspot(s) and kill 'em when they aren't looking.

How to kill folks in the air? Well, act fast. Remember: Reflexes. Sometimes you get 'em, sometimes you don't.

Practice, practice, and practice.

One more thing: Don't feel bad when you lose a team match. I'm guessing your friends aren't caring much. They want to play with you, so relax, man.

Ik0n

Staff member
First off, welcome to the forums!

My constructive input is find a gun you like and stick with it, don't switch every time you die. 95% of success in any CoD is based on map awareness/control. If you know where you and your teammates are, you'll know where they'll be coming from (get familiar with the beaten path aka spots everyone likes to go to) and always keep an eye on your mini-map, it's your best friend.

KamiCollie

Recruit
Thanks for the input! I am enjoying it quite a bit. I do want to settle on a gun and stick with it. I think that is also part of my problem.....I was switching guns depending on the type of map. I think I will stick with the ICR for now as I've progressed that gun the fastest (Just discovered it tonight). I was also trying to use the guns with the best Damage rate since I kept getting killed with one or two shots even though I shot my opponent about 10 times. Now I have noticed that the guns that kill me the most have the fastest Fire Rate. I may now take more notice to the Fire Rate.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks for the input! I am enjoying it quite a bit. I do want to settle on a gun and stick with it. I think that is also part of my problem.....I was switching guns depending on the type of map. I think I will stick with the ICR for now as I've progressed that gun the fastest (Just discovered it tonight). I was also trying to use the guns with the best Damage rate since I kept getting killed with one or two shots even though I shot my opponent about 10 times. Now I have noticed that the guns that kill me the most have the fastest Fire Rate. I may now take more notice to the Fire Rate.
Higher damage "works" but it's not defacto. High Fire Rate doesn't matter nowdays, since there's either an attachment or a perk to do it. What it boils down to is; who saw who first. Who can counter faster than the other? Who can hit the other person first? You can be at a close range and kill someone with a few shots with a "bad" weapon.

KamiCollie

Recruit
I guess I just need to find a gun and stick with it to level it up. Last night was brutal. Just when I think I take a step up, I get knocked two steps back . I did have a couple of questions: Can adding attachments actually make the gun worse? I swear, I added either grip or stock and did worse. I suppose it could just be coincidence. And do I actually need these Wildcards & Perk Greeds to be effective? Don't they actually take up an extra slot on the pick 10 point system?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I guess I just need to find a gun and stick with it to level it up. Last night was brutal. Just when I think I take a step up, I get knocked two steps back . I did have a couple of questions: Can adding attachments actually make the gun worse? I swear, I added either grip or stock and did worse. I suppose it could just be coincidence. And do I actually need these Wildcards & Perk Greeds to be effective? Don't they actually take up an extra slot on the pick 10 point system?
1.) No. Especially if you're attaching iron sights, or scopes. Find a scope, iron sight, or attachment that suits you best.
2.) Grip is useful only when you want to accurately shoot someone from afar. However, it slows your Aim Down Sights (ADS) speed. Stock if I remember correctly, is extended magazines. Pay attention to what the attachment does, and decide what works for you.
3.) In BO3, Wildcards and Perk Greeds are "pretty much the same thing." They're obtainable first before allocating to your Pick 10. Anyhow, they work. You just need to decide which one YOU want to help you. For example, in BO2, I ran with a 3rd attachment, or 3rd weapon. They help me when I needed them the most.
4.) Yes, they take up the extra slot in Pick 10.

KamiCollie

Recruit
Thanks for all of the insight. I really do appreciate it. Been checking YouTube all morning to get some tips as well. Anyone in particular to check out?

Like CODForums!

Advertisements