• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Activision Support + matchmaking issue

Skells

Recruit
Hi all, long time COD player, new to the forum. Hope all is well with you all.

I've reached breaking point with Activision & Modern Warfare, so searching everywhere I can for some help!

So today I load up MW on my XB1, go into quick play and the matchmaking service has gone nuts. it won't go beyond <47ms ping, it's just circles back and starts again at <17ms (doesn't find anything, obviously), then to <30ms, doesn't find any matches, and then to <47ms...nothing, and then back to <17ms!! it's driving me nuts!

I've been playing it for many months, and up till today, it will start off as above, but then continues past <47ms till I get some hits, usually in the 80s or 90s, or into triple figures.
but all of a sudden it won't go past <47ms.

That said, it did venture up to <80-something once, and i got one match, but had to wait like 10 mins for that to happen.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix? Couldn't find anything useful on google.

And then Activision support - what can one say about this? absolute joke-shop! Can't tweet them, they don't respond to anything anywhere ever, they only point you to the most basic form to "report a bug" but the the form doesn't contain any contact details for the bug-reporter, so you don't get any acknowledgement or updates on your request.

if I had any hair left, I'd be tearing it out!

I haven't changed anything with my xbox or home network set up.
Actually that's a lie, yesterday I did the old 'unplug XB1 from the mains' trick to try clear the cache, to help with the 6034 Dev error I was getting on some maps since the big update last week - could this have affected how the matchmaking works?... just occurred to me as I type, is there some kind of learning to the matchmaking?

Thanks for listening, sorry for long first post.
Steve.

Skells

Recruit
Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled the whole game + add-ons
And also found in my Deco wi-fi hub settings that UPnP was disabled, so I enabled that too (which apparently is a good thing for multiplayer gaming)

And now the matchmaking is working as it should
I suspect that is down to the reinstall.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Activision Support Ticket Issue General Call of Duty 4
K Updated Activision Support Page Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
CODForums Official Activision Support links to know about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Carlos Activision Support links to know about Call of Duty: WarZone 0
H Anyone else think the Devs of Warzone and activision are complete wastes? NERF THE FN DMR Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
B No wonder Activision shut down their forum Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 13
R Activision account hacked? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Carlos Activision teases Black Ops Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
S Activision needs to get their shit together.. Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
U Old gamertag and Activision name still showing on leaderboards Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
T Letter to Activision... SBMM; not what you think it is. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
AntiCheatAgent94 Activision And The Gamer Tag Issue Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
I Hope y'all can see this. Activision certainly needs to. Call of Duty Media 3
M WTH is Activision doing? Their forums are down and MW2 remaster? General Call of Duty 6
AntiCheatAgent94 New Season Starts... New Activision Account?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Z Xbox Live Looking to play with more people drop your Xbox gt or activision id Clan Chat 0
V Transfering Activision account Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
Carlos Activision reveals Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
J Multi Upcoming FREE TO ENTER $60,000 COD WWII Tournament (NA Only, Sanctioned by Activision) Clan Chat 0
A-state501 F*CK ACTIVISION General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Carl's Jr. partners with Activision for Black Ops 3 cross-promotion Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos New BO3 Beta info revealed via FAQ by Activision General Call of Duty 0
AndrewC Have you guys seen the "Activision R&D Real-time Character Demo" General Call of Duty 9
Carlos Activision boasts BO2 GamesCom 2012 Accolades General Call of Duty 0
Carlos PC Activision addresses BO2 questions to PC players General Call of Duty 0
oL0RDo CoD Producer at Activision tweeted about one of my Youtube videos Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Activision shows off MW3′s Content Collection 2 General Call of Duty 2
Carlos The battle of the titans: Activision vs EA General Call of Duty 0
Carlos The battle of the titans: Activision vs EA General Call of Duty 0
S Please support my new COD montage!:) I’ll sub back! Call of Duty Media 1
O YouTubers, lets support each other Call of Duty Media 4
Kellomies I just uploaded a new video on my channel, please show some support Call of Duty Media 0
S this girl getting started streaming give her some support! Call of Duty Media 0
F Can't reach support .... Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 2
W I have a query i need support with for Black Ops 4 General Call of Duty 1
CODForums CODWWII's Support Roles explained General Call of Duty 1
SkyDan New youtuber looking for support Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos PC gets full Dedicated Server support General Call of Duty 1
F Will there be 3D support? General Call of Duty 4
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare available for pre-order on PS4, support pre-loading General Call of Duty 0
TheFUSEspecialized Great COD content & MORE! I support other channels:) Call of Duty Media 0
GoldenWrapper PC Mod Support General Call of Duty 1
NinjaSmurf04 PC Need d2-5 pc players who can run support Clan Chat 0
Gamefury Xbox Live GameFury Clan Support & Recruitment Clan Chat 0
S Together To The Top Support the movement. Clan Chat 0
Carlos CODForums DOES NOT support lobby hack threads! CoDForums Announcements 0
Immortal_Joker No Dedicated Server Support General Call of Duty 3
M matchmaking in league Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
M What the f^^^ is up with matchmaking? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
S Lost Connection to matchmaking after the last update Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1