• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Advanced Warfare is Titanfall!?!

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador
You do realize that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has been in Development for over 2 1/2 years right? it is NOT a copy of titanfall this was planned before titanfall was.

Sledgehammer games became a fully fledged Activision Company in 2011 after the release of MW3. which is when they began Advanced Warfare.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Okay, let's go from the beginning to the end:

- Sledgehammer Games was formed on July 26, 2009.
- Sledgehammer Games was working on a game in 3rd Person (based on their previous experience).
- Third Person Call of Duty was ideal for Sledgehammer Games (again, based on their previous experience).
- IW bosses Vince Zampella, and Jason West were fired on March 1st.
- Both Vince and Jason confirmed their leave the same day.
- Activision revealed that they were both dismissed on March 2nd, 2010.
- Activision was facing a lawsuit against Infinity Ward (employees) from March 4th, 2010 to March 31, 2012 (when the parties settled)
- Both Vince and Jason announced that they formed Respawn Entertainment on April 12, 2010

Now, take a guess when Advanced Warfare started development, and take a guess when TitanFall started development?

- Sledgehammer Games was called to [co-]develop MW3 in March 2010, the game was released on November 8th, 2011.
- TitanFall begun development after the incorporation of Respawn Entertainment on April 12th, 2010.
- Advanced Warfare's development was started before they were called to work on MW3.

TitanFall was was just released in March of this year.
Advanced Warfare will be released on November 4th, 2014.

Think.

pwntendo

Recruit
You do realize that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare has been in Development for over 2 1/2 years right? it is NOT a copy of titanfall this was planned before titanfall was.

Sledgehammer games became a fully fledged Activision Company in 2011 after the release of MW3. which is when they began Advanced Warfare.

Honestly I think they will have taken a lot of inspiration from Titanfall since it was unveiled at E3 last year.

The main thing that CoD is slated for is being the same thing rehashed every year and Titanfall was pretty well received for being new and fresh.

I didn't even realize Sledgehammer was the one behind this. Not a fan of Sledgehammer's previous games. I will not be getting this next COD even if everyone thinks it will be amazing.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I didn't even realize Sledgehammer was the one behind this. Not a fan of Sledgehammer's previous games. I will not be getting this next COD even if everyone thinks it will be amazing.
Have you played Dead Space? Because if you played that, and liked it, then you might as well like Advanced Warfare. :D

Now, granted, I've played Dead Space a little bit, and not much more. But I do know there are a lot of fans in the Dead Space series.

Knoxtane

Kaos Ambassador

Join the band wagon! They have jackets!

This call of duty looks to be THE most promising so far. a DEDICATED campaign and multiplayer is ALL new ground breaking on a ACTUAL new engine.

pwntendo

Recruit
We don't need a new engine. idTech3 is pretty much the best FPS engine ever made... They'll just fuck it up.

Looks like another year of CoD4. :p

Like CODForums!

Advertisements