• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Advanced Warfare PC Minimum Requirements released

Status
Not open for further replies.

princenyc

Recruit
It seems as if Activision/Sledgehammer is telling people to just go out and buy a console because these computer specs are intimidating. And keep in mind these are only the minimum PC requirements. Imagine what the recommended will be!

• OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
• Processor: Intel CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
• Memory: 6 GB RAM
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
• DirectX: Version 11
• Network: Broadband Internet connection
• Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
• Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

jbepp

Recruit
The specs don't seem that intimidating. The processors they list are really dated, pretty much everyone these days has 8GB of RAM and the graphics are cards from like 4 generations ago.
I really don't know that could make the game have that size though. 55 GB is a bit too much.

Servace

Recruit
55GB is way to much in my opinion. I feel like every year the graphics keep intensifying which is a good thing, but also it is going to end up frying computers.

Looks exactly the same as Ghosts minimum requirements from last year. The only annoying thing on that list is the 55GB install. I'm planning on putting the game on my SSD for those faster load times, but I should be alright since I put the vast majority of my games on my HDD anyway, and my SSD has a couple hundred GB spare.

Qarnage

Recruit
I don't think they're that intimidating, my video card from 6 years ago still meets those requirments. Almost any PC these days comes with a 1TB or more harddrive so space shouldn't be that much of a problem either. I'm still waiting for the recommended requirments though, wonder if I can max out the game.

camsdad

Recruit
I have a 1 TB harddrive so I'm scared of these specs. My only concern is my processor, but I'm upgrading to a new laptop soon enough, I will be getting the PC version as well to check out the competition on that platform.

bourge_21

Recruit
Right. The 55GB is really huge. With all these updates on graphics and processors, I am afraid my computer would not as much cope up to the requirements. I better have to trade my computer to my dad's. lol

No PC specs released - complains
PC specs released - still complains

It's always something, eh? :)

^ This.

55GB isn't that much. I probably download that much worth of television shows and movies each month. A terabyte hard drive costs like $50 bucks and would fit the game just under 20 times over. Most people are going to meet the minimum specs without trouble, although the recommended specs might look a little more intimidating.

bourge_21

Recruit
When 'recommended' is an issue it is not the minimum requirement needed to run the game. However, the computer specs must be better than that if better efficiency is desired. With the minimum spec requirements, there would be technical issues, apparently.

Aurora

Recruit
The specifications are not that intimidating. Most of the PC game players I know of have 8GB ram installed with Windows 7 64-bit a few years ago. Of course they have nice video cards comparable with the spec. Broadband internet connection and big hard drive is not a big problem today. It is not so difficult to have broadband internet connection in the digital era. Hard drive capacity likes 2TB or 3 TB is at affordable price. 55G installed space accounts for only a few percentage of the big hard drive. I believe most PC players can play the game without much difficult though playing with desirable effect is questionable. Putting the game on the solid state drive may help loading the game faster but I am afraid that the SSDs with bigger capacity is still a bit expensive at present.

DaniMiranda

Recruit
55 gigs? That's my weekly Facebook, Instagram and YouTube usage. I am glad they have at least a "basic" minimum for PC's. How else would one experience the intensity of the game experience? Besides, to me, PC games vs. console games are non-comparable. The minimum on a PC should be all of the above stats you listed, times 5.

mdaudali

Recruit
55 GB is a little over the top I guess, but everything else seems pretty low. Even my cheap laptop from about 3 years ago meets the requirements! However, I really doubt that it would be able to actually run the game properly, or at least let one experience the game to it's maximum.

Aurora

Recruit
55G is huge. I played a game with many expansion packs. The installed game space is not that much like COD AW. I have no knowledge of how the game designers manage to run this game. I believe the minimum specifications should be enough to run the game and play the game for the first hour or so. My worries are that the game will get crash after long hours of playing. My pc is quite old now and I have no plan to replace it yet.

GlacialDoom

Recruit
The specs shouldn't be too much for current PCs, but I think devs are getting really messy with hard disk space taken, as they are starting to clog up a lot of space. Of course, it probably is because they are new in developing for the new consoles (and they will most likely take a while to learn to code more efficiently for this generation) and then they port it to PC, Activision ports usually being messy as well.

moaz13

Recruit
Now that the game is out we can report that the game runs fine, even on my 550Ti, the PC port is great, but the problem is that the ping is way too high, 800 ping is the max set by the game. Lag is a huge issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements