• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Am i the only one using a AK-74u?

Have roughly 12 hours in so far, 400+ kills now with the 74u alone. I've never been killed by one. Why doesn't anyone use it? Last COD I played seriously was Black Ops 1, the gun used to be the number one back then. I know the MP5 is overpowered and will be nerfed soon, for an SMG class will everyone flock to the 74u after the inevitable MP5 nerfing?

Wiseowl

Recruit
I’ve noticed that most are playing mp5s but in my games quite a lot of ak’s but not as much as the mp5, just a few of the other guns, l also tend to get no snipers or a few in one game.

l do imagine more people will use the ak’s more once mp5’s are nerfed but l seriously think the xm4 needs a buff too! It seems weaker now than the alpha and beta!

Have roughly 12 hours in so far, 400+ kills now with the 74u alone. I've never been killed by one. Why doesn't anyone use it? Last COD I played seriously was Black Ops 1, the gun used to be the number one back then. I know the MP5 is overpowered and will be nerfed soon, for an SMG class will everyone flock to the 74u after the inevitable MP5 nerfing?
I also wanted to mention this but maybe you already know...a lot of people use the Ak without optics so if you look at the kill cam quickly it may look like a rifle or shotgun.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Sorry l thought you meant ak47, lol, hadn’t realised there were two guns. I thought when people mention ak74u it was just an older version of ak47.

So in reply, l hardly see them either!