1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Any Infinite Warfare impressions?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare' started by Carlos, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

So, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was released today. If you are a Legacy Edition or Legacy Pro Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition owner, you also got Modern Warfare Remastered.

Let's hear it. How is the game in your perspective? If you played the beta, how much improved has the game been for you?

2. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

Slam dunk for CoD! This is certainly the best Infinity Ward has come up with, and this is truly a next step forward for the series as a whole. As we now Sledgehammer will almost surely have an AW2 coming out next year, I think the real people to make the next move to impress is Treyarch, as Black Ops is quite played out. I don't see how anything more can be done in that series. I'm also a bit sad that Ghosts still doesn't have a payoff for the sequel-baited ending, but I can live with what we have.

The campaign is quite incredible, the '80s slasher film homage that is Zombies in Spaceland is a truly brilliant twist on this great tradition, and while there really isn't much new in multiplayer or survival modes, they're very solid and reliable as ever.

After the hostile reaction that the trailers received, it's quite satisfying to see the positive reception from the critics, Angry Joe and the sleazebag that is ReviewTechUSA notwithstanding. No one can reasonably say that the series is in danger of irrelevance or dying out anymore. Nor can anyone truly say that this series is the Nickelback of video games like many have for some time.

3. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

I'm currently playing through campaign, but I'm loving it every second. I'm in awe of the environments thus far. The colors are vibrant, it's not dark, it's "just right." Fuck the negative reaction to the first trailers. I'm positive that, once people see what Infinite Warfare is, people will start coming around to it. Let the battle of the FPS'es begin. We've got Thanksgiving coming up, and Christmas coming up, so let's see what people choose.

I hope Activision advertises the shit out of this in the next few weeks. They've already begun, but I really hope they go all in with this.

4. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

Knowing Activision, they surely will be aggressive in their marketing, and it will move at least 15 million units within the next 4 months. The fact that the critics are getting behind the game quite enthusiastically is quite wonderful.

Battlefield 1 is also really good, as I expected, so I don't have a preference of IW over it or vice versa. So I hope nothing but the best for both games.

5. iMushy

iMushy Recruit

I love the game, when I played the beta I hated it I'm not going to lie, when the full version arrived I loved the game, the guns are some what balanced, the maps are great and the ranking system seems fair I can't really ask for much more than that.