• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Any Modern Warfare Beta impressions?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hey guys, if you are on PlayStation 4, and you pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you can now look in your inbox for a beta code. The beta is live at the moment. However, in about 2 days from now, Modern Warfare Beta will be available to everyone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Oh, and don't delete your Beta download until the end of Weekend 2.

So, what are your impressions of the game so far...? I played the Open Alpha and the game is awesome, so far the Open Beta is awesome!

Ik0n

Staff member
Overall, I enjoy the beta so far. I do have two main gripes.

1. A mini-map is just necessary imo in order to facilitate movement and discourage the camping that can occur. The other thing that eliminating a mini-map does is create very bad situational awareness. It's not about chasing red dots for me, I can look at the positioning of my team on the mini-map and know the general direction the enemy will be coming, it creates a good flow.

2. Spawns. Are. Just. Bad. This can be easily fixed though and I'm sure it will be, I think I heard they are already aware of this.

Honorable Mention: The whole fly in animation when coming back from spawn, gets old really quick. It's TDM on CoD, respawns should be instant.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Overall, I enjoy the beta so far. I do have two main gripes.
Agreed.
1. A mini-map is just necessary imo in order to facilitate movement and discourage the camping that can occur. The other thing that eliminating a mini-map does is create very bad situational awareness. It's not about chasing red dots for me, I can look at the positioning of my team on the mini-map and know the general direction the enemy will be coming, it creates a good flow.
You've made a valid point, but people camp in older games, and it's worse now because they're still in love with camping like a bunch of crybabies who are scared. I often come across campers more often than not. I've never had to use the mini-map to find the red dots. I only use it occasionally, and it's never bothered me. I understand that you need it because of the teammates, and they've tried to make a compromise by including the outlines, but therein lies the issue, too. Once you follow that person, there'll always be another fucking camper camping the spot and shoots the person right in front of you, so you end up being the collateral. Which leads me to...
2. Spawns. Are. Just. Bad. This can be easily fixed though and I'm sure it will be, I think I heard they are already aware of this.
I agree, across the board. Even the night vision goggles {NVG) mode. In NVG is worse because people feel like they are safe with a campers' location. This plus the spawns ruins the NVG mode. I think it's not becasue of the mini-map, or any other complaints. People KNOW the spawns are bad, so people are exploiting the game. I died 9 times out of 20 times because someone is already right in front of my spawn which is why I was raging a lot today. It was annoying.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love NVG, but my point is people are exploiting the maps by camping or knowing exactly where the spawns are. That's what happened to me today. I called them out as spawn trapping losers. I was trying to be careful one time, and there's someone going around to exactly where they think they know I was there. *suspicious*
Honorable Mention: The whole fly in animation when coming back from spawn, gets old really quick. It's TDM on CoD, respawns should be instant.
I agree, but I think they're trying to fix the spawns that way. It's randomized between spawning, and that animation.

My biggest issue with BO4 was simple: The spawns. It was always one area. It was always one area. Always. So other people know this, and GO to the spawns. You'd be lucky to not have a person right at your spawn every single spawn. But that's what happened in BO4. I quit 2 months into the launch of BO4. I uninstalled BO4 at that point. I can't even with that garbage.

Here, it's a little randomized, but the "computer" (ahem; the code) puts you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements