• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Anyone Do Windows 10/11 Installs??

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Anyone do Win 10/11 Installs as a matter of course??

I have noticed that when I do Windows 11 Installs, Windows installs 11 in "S mode" which makes it impossible to install 3rd Party "unapproved" apps and programs..

To take it out of S-Mode I have to download an app from the MS Store...

Since these are customer computers I don't want to set up an MS account because it's up to the customer to set up their own stuff...

Is there a BIOS setting or some such that I can prevent it from installing Win 11 in S MODE??
Thanx in advance for any assistance...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Disregard.. All you have to do is disable SECURE BOOT in the BIOS.. :D

"Do you ever get the feeling that we make things so much harder than they have to be??"
-Mac Robinson, NIGHT COURT

heh :D

QuadDamage

Recruit
Yeah, I don't really understand the S mode. Some mfg's were doing that for Win10 PC's too. Maybe if you were going to buy a PC for grandma and didn't want her messing with things. Other than that, it's more of a headache.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Yeah, I don't really understand the S mode. Some mfg's were doing that for Win10 PC's too. Maybe if you were going to buy a PC for grandma and didn't want her messing with things. Other than that, it's more of a headache.
S-Mode was usually installed on pre-built PCs that fell on borderline specs for full Windows 10 requirements, these PCs could usually cope with Windows 10 but the 10s made them significantly faster and more responsive. An i3 with 4GB of RAM can cope with Windows 10, but in 10s it can feel as responsive as an i5 with Windows 10, or so I am told. Not really had the chance to try it.

QuadDamage

Recruit
S-Mode was usually installed on pre-built PCs that fell on borderline specs for full Windows 10 requirements, these PCs could usually cope with Windows 10 but the 10s made them significantly faster and more responsive. An i3 with 4GB of RAM can cope with Windows 10, but in 10s it can feel as responsive as an i5 with Windows 10, or so I am told. Not really had the chance to try it.

Makes sense. The one I saw it on was an i3 with 8GB RAM and an SSD that my boss bought. Of course, he didn't want to google how to fix it lol.

I would question anyone's intelligence that bought a Win10 PC with only 4GB RAM. I would tell them to return it (or upgrade the RAM if cheap enough).

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I would question anyone's intelligence that bought a Win10 PC with only 4GB RAM. I would tell them to return it (or upgrade the RAM if cheap enough).
I'm on the same page as you there.

It looks to me as if Windows 10s was developed to facilitate the creation of Windows laptops that will compete with Chromebooks. Chromebooks, by virtue of being based on an OS that can run on a MediaTek CPU perform well at the tasks they were designed for, and they run well with just 4GB RAM, even with Chrome as the main browser.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements