• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

Audio mix and audio settings.

Hey guys hope everyone's doing good.
The audio in this game has always sounded a little off to me, I've messed about with a few of the mix options but can't quite get it right.

I'm looking for a more EQUALIZED sound. I want to be able to hear footsteps and distant gunfire without having the volume so high that your own gunfire and picking up a killstreak (seriously can you not turn the dramatic sound effect off?) Is deafening.
I have a good quality headset and prefer not having the volume up too loud, but obviously need to be able to hear all of the game effects.

Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Tactical Gaming

Wiseowl

Recruit
If there are any tips for me too that would be great! I’m on PS4 and a lot of the time can’t tell which way footprints are coming from!

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Hey guys hope everyone's doing good.
The audio in this game has always sounded a little off to me, I've messed about with a few of the mix options but can't quite get it right.

I'm looking for a more EQUALIZED sound. I want to be able to hear footsteps and distant gunfire without having the volume so high that your own gunfire and picking up a killstreak (seriously can you not turn the dramatic sound effect off?) Is deafening.
I have a good quality headset and prefer not having the volume up too loud, but obviously need to be able to hear all of the game effects.

Any recommendations?
Thanks.
This is a complaint in every game nowadays for some reason. I can assure you, gunfire is louder than footsteps, so no they shouldn't be "turning down" gunfire noises just so you can hear footsteps better. In my opinion footsteps are WAY too loud in this game already. You can't move without being heard by everyone around you, and sneaking up on anyone is impossible because they can just sit upstairs and listen to you.

They need to move Dead Silence back to the perks - it would fit perfectly in the Yellow category as an alternative to Tracker. Both are aggressive perks for hunting down enemies - one lets you see footsteps within short range to keep on someone, the other lets you be silent so you can sneak around and flank enemies in CQC.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements