You do your research lmaoFor all assault rifles, you're going to want the longest barrel possible. This is because long barrels help in 3 ways, 2 of which will directly affect the "accuracy" of the weapon. For the Kilo this is the 19.8 Prowler.
- The most noticeable benefit is the -32% reduction to recoil magnitude - AKA your recoil pattern is going to be basically 2/3 of its regular size, which will obviouly help with aiming.
- It will improve bullet velocity by 57%, meaning your bullets are going to be travelling roughly 1.5x faster. This helps with accuracy as well because, faster bullets = less time for the bullet to "drop" due to gravity while it's in flight. Less bullet drop means your shots will land closer to where your reticle is actually aimed. Less bullet drop = easier to aim.
- It also extends the range by 45%. Range is a tricky concept in this game. Basically every weapon has a max damage that it does at short range - for the Kilo this is 30m. So from 0-30m you will do "max" damage (42 headshot, 28 body shot). After 30m the damage drops off (only 34 headshot, 23 body shot), and it stays that way til 55m, so from 30-55m you are at a lower damage profile. Then after 55m it drops off again to "minimum" damage (27 headshot, 18 body shot), and that minimum damage will extend to infinity range. Obviously the more damage you deal the better, so extending those damage drop-off ranges is a good thing. The 45% boost this barrel gives you takes all those range drop-off points and extends them by 45%. Meaning you will do better damage for longer. Here's a before-and-after comparison:
Max Damage: 0-30m
Medium Damage: 30-55m
Min Damage: 55-1,000m
19.8 Prowler Kilo
Max Damage: 0-45m
Medium Damage: 45-80m
Min Damage: 80-1,000m
So you can see, you have an extra 15m added to your Max Damage, and then another 25m added to your Medium Damage range. So if you were going head-to-head with another Kilo user who was using the Stock barrel at say 65m, you'd have the advantage because you'd be dealing 34/23 head/body damage but he'd only be doing 27/18. Advantage = you.
To recap that, you almost always want the longest barrel for assault rifles in Warzone/Plunder. The recoil reduction, bullet velocity, and range bonuses are all very good and all it costs is some movement/ADS speed essentially. This will make you more accurate and you will deal more damage thanks to the extended damage range drop-off points.
Now onto point #2. If you're looking for recoil help, your 2nd best bet (after the long barrel) is a grip. All 3 standard grips (Merc, Ranger, Operator) reduce your recoil magnitude by an identical 17%. So basically half of the bonus you get from the long barrel. In order to pick between the 3 you need to pick the one that matches your playstyle and how you're trying to use the weapon. The secondary bonuses are as follows:
Merc: Improved hipfire accuracy
Ranger: Improved aiming stability
Operator: None (but it doesn't have any of the movement penalties that the Merc/Ranger have, so it's a good middle ground between the two)
If this Kilo is getting paired with an SMG and the SMG is going to handle all short-range encounters, then you want a Kilo that is most useful at medium-to-long range. The grip that does that is the Ranger - the increased aiming stability will help you be more accurate at range. On the flip side, if this Kilo is getting used with a sniper, then the sniper is handling long-range combat so maybe you want a Kilo that acts more like an SMG. In that case the Merc grip might make more sense - since you are using it more up close, the improved hipfire accuracy will help you win more of those gunfights.
The other two grips are unique.
- The Tactical grip only helps with aiming stability - it does nothing to help with the physical recoil control of the weapon. So this is only useful if you are using some long-range sniper-type weapon where you want pinpoint accuracy for the first shot and you aren't going to be firing very quickly so recoil control isn't an issue. This grip is fairly useless honestly in my opinion.
- The Commando grip is the one I use on most rifles. It only helps with 6% recoil magnitude, so basically just 1/3rd of the Merc/Ranger. Which in reality is not much at all. But what it does do is improve the "bounce" of the weapon by 15%. This bounce I'm referring to, is how much the weapon kicks back and forth between shots around the recoil pattern. Think of the recoil pattern as a hypothetical straight vertical line - a weapon with no bounce is going to follow that recoil line directly, while a weapon with a lot of bounce will be kicking back and forth to the right/left of that line constantly. It would be very easy to control the one with no bounce, because all you need to do is pull down on your mouse/joystick to counter the vertical recoil. However the one with high bounce that is kicking back and forth of the line is going to be much more difficult to control, and borderline impossible at longer ranges. That's because, with practice, it is possible to learn to improve your ability to control the physical recoil pattern of the weapon. But you can never control the random bounce of the weapon, no matter how hard you try. This is why I prefer the Commando - because I think it's much more useful to control the random bounce than the magnitude of the pattern.
I say all that as an aside, just because I want you to be aware of what each of the grips do. However if you're needing help with recoil control, then I'm betting you'd be most helped by the 17% reduction from the Ranger/Merc, so follow my guidance above depending on your playstyle and the type of class you're setting up.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Best Aim RESPONSE CRUVE Type? EXPLAINED!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|A||BEST WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR AIM!||Call of Duty Media||2|
|M||What's the best map?||Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War||2|
|BEST FFAR LOADOUT MAX DAMAGE! 24 KILL SOLO WARZONE WIN||Call of Duty Media||0|
|BEST Loadout for WARZONE SEASON 6!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|Streetsweeper VS R9 Dragon Breath: Best Streetsweeper Class VS Best R9 Class in Warzone||Call of Duty Media||0|
|Top 5 BEST ASSAULT RIFLES in WARZONE!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|B||Multi Best places to find LFG groups to boost your game ?||Clan Chat||8|
|M||Cold War XP LOBBY - Unlimited XP! Camo Lobby (Dark Aether) Best Prices!||General Call of Duty||1|
|K||Best streamer warzone twitch||Call of Duty Media||0|
|T||Best class setup cold war||Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Videos and Movies||0|
|A||Best ghillie suit in warzone?||Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion||0|
|Why The BLUE DOT is THE BEST OPTIC in the GAME!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|BEST STRATEGY TO WIN IN ZOMBIE ROYALE.||Call of Duty Media||0|
|P||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Clips of the Week||Call of Duty Media||0|
|Looking for advice on best loadouts for Snipers||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||0|
|Origin is Dead! Use this INSTEAD! Best Secondary Weapon Guide||Call of Duty Media||0|
|BEST GUNS FOR COLD WAR ALPHA||Call of Duty Media||0|
|Bruen Is GONE! I FOUND the NEW best GUN!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|5k's & Aces - Best COD Player||Call of Duty Media||0|
|WARZONE: BEST STRATEGY + Full Guide for Stadium Easter Egg to Get CR-56 AMAX Exclusive Blueprint||Call of Duty Media||0|
|SEASON 5 BEST GUN IN-DEPTH GUIDE||Call of Duty Media||1|
|I finally beat SEASON 4 in MODERN WARFARE, and I saved the BEST CHALLENGE for last.||Call of Duty Media||0|
|2.3 KD RATIO! Best Tips on How to Win in Warzone!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|C||I put "The Best Day Ever" from SpongeBob on the Modern Warfare 2 Trailer!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|B||*NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS-#14||Call of Duty Media||0|
|B||*NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS||Call of Duty Media||1|
|The BEST SEARCH AND DESTROY class set up on MODERN WARFARE||Call of Duty Media||0|
|AX50 Best Setups!||Call of Duty Media||4|
|B||Best Sniping locations in ground war#1||Call of Duty Media||1|
|K||The best sniper rifle in the game isn't a sniper rifle.||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||0|
|G||Probably the best M4A1 loadout ... try it u will be surprised||Call of Duty Media||0|
|U||BEST SETTINGS FOR WARZONE & MULTIPLAYER AFTER PATCH 1.20! *BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS*||Call of Duty Media||1|
|U||MP7 BEST CLASS LASER ACCURACY NO RECOIL AIMBOT?!||Call of Duty Media||0|
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS *UPDATED*||Call of Duty Media||0|
|J||Best class setup for plunder/warzone?||Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion||1|
|T||Best Loadout for Renetti (Pistol Only Class)?||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||4|
|J||Is Kar98k the best sniper?||Call of Duty Media||2|
|Stealth is Our Best Option!||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||0|
|My Best Game Yet... w00t! Tell me abouts yours...||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||16|
|S||So what's the best gun in Scopes and Scatters you ask?||Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion||1|
|S||Best Assault Weapon??||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||14|
|New to forums anyone got a link to best setups for classes?||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||6|
|J||Here are some of the best loadouts to use in Warzone!||Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion||2|
|B||The Best Warzone Review by Russian Comrade||Call of Duty Media||0|
|the BEST AK-47 CLASS!! (Tactical Nuke)||Call of Duty Media||0|
|T||Best AK47 Attachments!?||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||6|
|T||Gunfight...best COD Mode ever?||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||0|
|T||Best Streak Ever :D||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||2|
|T||Best Gunfight Kills!?...||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare||0|