• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Best campaign?

Best CoD campaign

• Call of Duty/United Offensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call of Duty 2

• Call of Duty 3

• Modern Warfare

• Modern Warfare 3

• Black Ops 2

• Ghosts

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonse

Recruit
Which game in the series had the best campaign, in your opinion? I know it's fairly common to say this but I'd have to go with World at War. If not the best campaign then at the very least the best WWII campaign, and it being so graphic definitely helped make it seem more real.

Had to leave off stuff like Big Red One and Finest Hour because of poll limitations.

For me: Black Ops 1. The rest of this reply will be spoilers so just keep that in mind if you haven't played it and don't want the game ruined for you. ;)
The very first thing you do? Go to Cuba during the Bay of Pigs Invasion and try to assassinate Fidel Castro. Most of the missions in this game were a bit far fetched, but not too much. Just enough to keep a balance of realism and excitement. I won't spoil too much. I know the game has been out for a long time, but if anyone hasn't played the campaign they definitely should. It covers a lot of important events during the time period like WaW (which also had a great campaign). You will notice after this Call of Duty the campaigns start to really distance themselves from real events and what's happening during the time period, and it's a shame.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The very first thing you do? Go to Cuba during the Bay of Pigs Invasion and try to assassinate Fidel Castro. Most of the missions in this game were a bit far fetched, but not too much. Just enough to keep a balance of realism and excitement. I won't spoil too much. I know the game has been out for a long time, but if anyone hasn't played the campaign they definitely should. It covers a lot of important events during the time period like WaW (which also had a great campaign). You will notice after this Call of Duty the campaigns start to really distance themselves from real events and what's happening during the time period, and it's a shame.
You can blame people for that. For example, when 9/11 happened, Hideo Kojima removed a scene where Arsenal Gear crashes into NY where the World Trade Center is supposedly is. Kojima wanted a much, much more realistic touch to the Metal Gear Solid series to the point of touching all political walls.

Modern Warfare 2 is another perfect example: You walk into the airport, you are undercover, and you kill innocent people, but the media spun that into their version of the story. Their version of the story is: "You just kill people, and companies like Activision needs to stop making non-sense killings in plain sight." or some stupid propaganda bullshit they stir. And the person they try to interview can't say anything "back at them." Since it's their show, they can do whatever the fuck they want. Here's the video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-nOCy7FfE

Modern Warfare 2's campaign was just too epic, and that's why it's my favorite campaign thus far in Call of Duty, it's only cut short! AGH! :)

You can blame people for that. For example, when 9/11 happened, Hideo Kojima removed a scene where Arsenal Gear crashes into NY where the World Trade Center is supposedly is. Kojima wanted a much, much more realistic touch to the Metal Gear Solid series to the point of touching all political walls.

Modern Warfare 2 is another perfect example: You walk into the airport, you are undercover, and you kill innocent people, but the media spun that into their version of the story. Their version of the story is: "You just kill people, and companies like Activision needs to stop making non-sense killings in plain sight." or some stupid propaganda bullshit they stir. And the person they try to interview can't say anything "back at them." Since it's their show, they can do whatever the fuck they want. Here's the video:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-nOCy7FfE

Modern Warfare 2's campaign was just too epic, and that's why it's my favorite campaign thus far in Call of Duty, it's only cut short! AGH! :)
MW2 was enjoyable, it's so short though. I remember the fiasco with the undercover CIA killing the innocent people in the airport. It's terrible how people can't understand a simple situation. Especially when it comes to video games and violence. People still think video games are more geared for children even with how pricey consoles are and the majority of the games blaring at them with an "M" mature rating. I guess people always try to blame unusual behavior on something easy, video games being the scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements