• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

BIG fps issue. from 200fps to 100..

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidmember

Recruit
Hi. First time poster so dont be to harsh.
Since friday my warzone fps have dropped from 200 to 100, while multiplayer is still at 200+.
PC specs:

2080ti (oc +200 core clock +400 mem)
10900k (oc 5.1ghz all core)
16gb ram 3600mhz cl 16 (oc 4300mhz cl 17)
full custom loop. 75c cpu max load, 40c gpu max load. 40c vrm, 40c ram sticks.

Tried reinstalling game, reinstalling windows, all game priorities in task manager, no oc, no xmp, one ram stick, single channel ram etc. All drivers are up to date. tested all ingame setting but nothing helps. And as stated multiplayer, benchmarks and other games are all perfectly fine.

i have userbenchmarked this with everything overclocked :

UserBenchmarks: Game 196%, Desk 109%, Work 217%
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K - 106.9%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080-Ti - 186.4%
SSD: WD Black SN750 NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB (2019) - 269.4%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 136.9%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3600 C16 2x8GB - 112.7%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-A GAMING

allso have OCD screen shots from both warzone and multiplayer to show difference. And heaven benchmark "extreme" preset :
View: https://imgur.com/a/0nX0vWn

do anyone have anny suggestions to what i should try to do? i was stable at around 200fps in warzone just a couple of days ago.. thanks in advance.

Since friday my warzone fps have dropped from 200 to 100, while multiplayer is still at 200+.
PC specs:

Tried reinstalling game, reinstalling windows, all game priorities in task manager, no oc, no xmp, one ram stick, single channel ram etc. All drivers are up to date. tested all ingame setting but nothing helps. And as stated multiplayer, benchmarks and other games are all perfectly fine.

allso have OCD screen shots from both warzone and multiplayer to show difference. And heaven benchmark "extreme" preset :

do anyone have anny suggestions to what i should try to do? i was stable at around 200fps in warzone just a couple of days ago.. thanks in advance.
I'm willing to bet its your single ram not being dual channel. Like 90%. single channel will kill you in this game.

PC specs:

I see your running 2x8 gigs in 1 channel also? why. Put one of them in the other channel.

paidmember

Recruit
I see your running 2x8 gigs in 1 channel also? why. Put one of them in the other channel.
Ive tried just to see If it made a difference. Ill check If its still dual channel. It should be cause The problem Came Without anny hardware changes. Sorry for caps, norwegian keyboard.

I'm willing to bet its your single ram not being dual channel. Like 90%. single channel will kill you in this game.
The problem Came Without anny ram changes at that momet but i will double check. Ill Get back to you. Thanks

Ive tried just to see If it made a difference. Ill check If its still dual channel. It should be cause The problem Came Without anny hardware changes. Sorry for caps, norwegian keyboard.
it says in cpu z i am running dual channel ? were did you see i have singel channel ?

it says in cpu z i am running dual channel ? were did you see i have singel channel ?

just found out from hwinfo that my gpu is running at 2x not 16x. why could this be?

Attachments

• ram cpuz.png
    ram cpuz.png
    218 KB · Views: 2
  • ram cpuz.png
    ram cpuz.png
    218 KB · Views: 0
I swear unless you changed it, you had 2x8 single channel up there, o0o0o. Maybe just me.. Also. are YOU overclocking the card and pc? I mean you got 2 brand new Intel 10 and a dam 2080 card? why would you want to overclock them( IF YOU DID) . Put that more of a strain on them when you don't even need to? But either way. I would make sure somehow you don't have your fps locked v synch etc. It is weird you saying multiplayer is 200 and warzone 100 after patch. Let me know if its still the same or you did something . Just I like info on stuff like that, Thank you.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Here's what I said about overclocking in another thread:
Just don't worry about overclocking. Just don't touch it. Unless you see something that requires that spec. Example: Suppose you bought the PC for Modern Warfare, and you see Black Ops Cold War [COD 2020] requires 4.0ghz as minimum, and you don't have money for a standard 4.0ghz chip. You overclock your system to run 4.0ghz, but there's a catch. There's always a catch with overclocking: Your system will begin to work harder to achieve it, and keep it locked there. Think of it like fps maintenance.

And when it does, you'll need more hardware to keep it cool. Meaning more money. Unless you have the hardware ready for overclocking. Anytime you overclock you'll rack up more wattage per overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.