• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

black ops 2 has went down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamy

Recruit
Well as being a gamer black ops 2 has got worse and worse each time the brought out an update. They nerfed guns that did not need nerfed and with this whole season pass the have only brought out 1 map pack in the space of around 5 months. Also issues with theatre mode which has been a problem since they brought out the game has not been fixed. Basically they have hardly ,made an effort for this game and the developers could do a lot better.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
I agree. They haven't addressed any of the major lag/hit detection issues. The SMGs with suppressors didn't need to be nerfed, and the PDW and MSMC have been reduced to nothing. Also, the LMG buff was awful...those things do not need more power.

I think what really bugs me is the microtransactions for the gun camos, reticles, etc. They have a chance to release more updates/upgrades for the game, and they choose something that will make them more money.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
Well as being a gamer black ops 2 has got worse and worse each time the brought out an update. They nerfed guns that did not need nerfed and with this whole season pass the have only brought out 1 map pack in the space of around 5 months. Also issues with theatre mode which has been a problem since they brought out the game has not been fixed. Basically they have hardly ,made an effort for this game and the developers could do a lot better.
I do agree that this game suffers from some pretty brutal balancing issues. In particular, I despise that hip fire has been so radically nerfed. It makes little sense. I also cannot tolerate another title with lag compensation. I think a good many people who complain about hit detection are really experiencing a purposely slowed down connection. Almost every game has some guy who's clearly trying to play on a toaster, which punishes everyone who's gone the extra distance to pay for a decent ISP package. Lag compensation is a tax on those who took responsibility to have a decent connection and we really should make a huge noise about it.

CrispyEggos

Recruit
I do agree that this game suffers from some pretty brutal balancing issues. In particular, I despise that hip fire has been so radically nerfed. It makes little sense. I also cannot tolerate another title with lag compensation. I think a good many people who complain about hit detection are really experiencing a purposely slowed down connection. Almost every game has some guy who's clearly trying to play on a toaster, which punishes everyone who's gone the extra distance to pay for a decent ISP package. Lag compensation is a tax on those who took responsibility to have a decent connection and we really should make a huge noise about it.

There is definitely a connection debate for CoD, but a lot of other games as well. Having a connection based on one player's connection is cheaper for them and a lot easier, but it creates an unfair atmosphere. For example, Halo does the same, and if somebody has an awful connection but they host the game, the non-host players have no chance to have a good game.

To me, dedicated servers would make so many people happy and would reduce the need for lag compensation completely, but the money and dedication for these servers is crazy and expensive. All the micro-transactions and DLC kind of show that these companies care about money a lot, so it probably won't happen. Hopefully in the future as they generate even more money and see it as a big problem.

blackmk7

Recruit
I may not play as often on blackops II but, I must agree as well bout tinkering with the guns I also had problems trying to download the map as well so i just left it be. I do wish they stop tinkering with the game modes so much. I prefer to play offline myself and it seems that each game the modes are gear toward online play.

Yiddo

Recruit
I agree completely.

I don't know what they've changed, but something about BlackOps:2 separates it from the rest of the games in the Call of Duty series. I can't find myself having fun whilst playing BlackOps:2 anymore.

Monteti

Recruit
I would agree. Their patches are crap and useless, and don't fix anything that really needs to be focused on. The maps blow in comparison to every other call of duty game in the franchise, only because they're so boring. Also, I've never been a huge fan of having to drop $15 on every map pack that comes out (Or pay $X for ALL of them! Except oh yeah, everyone stops playing after the first map pack so why bother?).

toughtrasher

Recruit
I'm not one to judge too much on a videogame considering I know all the hardwork it takes to maintain it.

But yes, I'm seeing lackluster effort on the work of BO2. I also bought the season pass and am quite disappointed with the content I was given opposed to what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements