• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Button Layouts - Making do is getting old.

First off. I am fully aware that his is almost entirely preference based. But for the sake of argument...

I dont like ANY of the dozen or so controller layout options.

I'd been making do on default for a few months, but after moving back to Apex for a week or two and being reminded of what is imo the perfect button layout, I am finding it really hard to get back into warzone.

In Apex I use "ninja" - it's really simple.
Ads - left trigger.
Fire - right trigger.
Jump/mantle - left bumper.
Slide/crouch - right bumper.

It allows all mobility to be controlled without taking your right thumb off the stick. And it works bloody perfectly.

But as I scroll through the wacky button layout options on cod, there is nothing like it.
Which really sucks.

The best I can do is go into the console settings and trade lb for a and rb for b in my controller settings. Which sort of works but makes EVERYTHING switched, so even in the lobby, gunsmith, dashboard, it's all flipped.

It's really annoying me.
Anyone else got any controller preferences that aren't represented in this game?

Angels of Death

The "Bumper jumper tactical" (or the flipped version) does exactly what you're asking for. Slide/crouch is on the right analog instead the bumper though

The "Bumper jumper tactical" (or the flipped version) does exactly what you're asking for. Slide/crouch is on the right analog instead the bumper though
Yeah that's a decent shout. I did mess around with that one a little bit but wasn't keen on the right stick sliding and crouching. While in theory it gives you the ability to keep your thumb on the stick while sliding, it kind of robs you of the benefit, as tracking a target or controlling recoil while at the same time clicking the right stick in feels grotty as hell! Also it makes tactical - A and lethal - RB which is just untidy imo.

Manray17

Recruit
no cap i switched my buttons to that!!!!!!
lolol had to do it in the customizations settings cuz theres no button layout for it
i literally crouch and shoot at the same time spamming rb and rt
good shit bro!

@manrayyeah buddy it's a really good button layout if you ask me. It sucks that most games dont have it as an option.
I've since moved back to pubg. So still switching a-b to lb-rb in the accessories setting on the xbox, getting used to scrolling through menus with lb-rb is starting to feel natural