• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Call Of Duty 1 | Water Effects

I recently started a play through of Call of Duty 1 (steam version) and noticed the water doesnt look like it did on my old Radeon 9600. It looks like it does on maybe a 7500 or 8500. I know the gpu im using is capable of displaying the water like it was on the 9600, but i suspect its checks are being confused by the much newer cpu, gpu, windows, etc.
is there anyway to force/trick it to use the nicer looking path?

I suspect that since you are playing through a game, game engine and graphics from 2003 it is most likely that your current video card just doesnt want to dummy down to something 2 decades old. I have seen what you described in other various old games.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements