1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Call of Duty Black Ops III Mods on PS4 & XBOX ONE?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' started by adamjohnson, Oct 13, 2016.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson Guest

So with the recent release of Mod Tools for Call of Duty Black Ops III on PC, I started to ask my self a question: wouldn't it be possible for console users to have access to the content created with mod tools? I mean, is not like I thought about it out of thin air, we have seen a few videogames promoting Mods on consoles (Fallout 4, Farming Simulator, etc.). Would it be too crazy to think about seeing this on consoles? I think it would be great for the lifetime of the game across all platforms...
    What do you guys think?

2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

It's not going to happen. Fallout, Farming Simulator, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls, and games like them have a vast world that's being updated all the time. For another example, World of Warcraft, has never entered the console world for a very good reason. It's more a sandbox, than a multiplayer game.

Diablo 3 came to consoles, but had to make sacrifices in order to keep it clean, and fun. It doesn't even have all of the online capabilities, or the "stock market"/Black Market stuff.

The BO3 Mod Tools is better off staying on PC, and not heading to consoles. Fallout 4 got mod support, but had to sacrifice "total" freedom in exchange for acceptance by Sony. There's a good reason why this is happening. Not just legal reasons (such as being able to build a character that looks like a Pokemon), but also the cheating and the hacking that goes on... Sony and Microsoft does not want to bring that into the console world. Neither does Activision.