1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

COD Copy and Paste

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by rgiova20, Nov 30, 2013.

Sponsored
  1. rgiova20

rgiova20 Recruit

I'm sure some of you have heard about this so called "news." What do you guys think about it? Is it lazy? Is it a homage? Does one little detail like this not really matter against the whole big picture? That last choice is my personal opinion but I want to hear what you guys think!

2. XlzQwerty1

XlzQwerty1 Recruit

This is literally copy and paste. When I first saw this, I was surprised at how lazy Infinity Ward got with their games. How hard was it to create some new animations for a cutscene? And it's not like the company didn't have enough budget to create new animations. They've had enough money to create fish AI, claiming that it was "next-gen" while it was out for years already in other games.

Honestly, in my opinion, CoD Ghosts was quite a terrible release. I expected much better from it, but guess I was expecting too much. Sure it's a fun game, but there's way too many problems with the game right on on PC (not sure about on consoles) and lacks the high graphic fidelity despite being released as a "next-gen" game.

3. zackeymane

zackeymane Recruit

Yeah, the textures aren't the best and the copying and pasting is a bit lazy. The gameplay is alright, I guess.

4. rgiova20

rgiova20 Recruit

Do you think people are being a bit too harsh about this copy and pasting because they're unsatisfied with the final product? What I mean is if Ghost was a better game in general would the consumers be more willing to overlook something like this? Although I guess if the game was better they wouldn't resort to tricks like this so many it's a moot point in the end.

5. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

If I wanted to see the same crap then I would have played Modern Warfare. They should be ashamed that they copy and pasted the same sequence. Looks like they need someone else to take over this franchise.

6. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

I completely agree with TheViper. I really don't see why they would do this, you would think they would be able to come up with something original. Ughhh!

7. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Recruit

They haven't even changed the textures! This is very lame and I think this game was a big fail compared to other masterpieces of the series. Also, the storyline is awful.

8. nickjt

nickjt Recruit

I don't really think it matters, it is only a small part of the game and lots of companies reuse animations to save money. Walt Disney have been doing it since the start, and it happens in many different games. I think the important thing is that the games are clearly in need of a new engine and an overhaul, but reusing animation is not the problem.

9. 3Quency

3Quency Recruit

I didn't even realize this similarity between the two CODs that is true laziness! I know a lot of gamers do complain about the attitude the developers have to rinse and repeating Call Of Duty though, their attitude can stink at times.

10. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

This is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. It's basically slapping the face of the consumer and expecting them to buy the same product. You can't rest on your laurels, for long COD. In the internet age, people will find that they are being lied to very quickly. You guys make plenty of cash, go ahead and make a great product out of it please.

I feel like I've been lied to.

11. powerfulmind

powerfulmind Recruit

This is why infinity ward lost the right to make COD games. Great news right?

12. Glen_Imported3

Glen_Imported3 Recruit

Damn... Didn't notice this! Thanks for sharing.
    I think that they really screwed up Ghosts. And this is just being lazy! It's like they just threw a game together as fast as they could. The campaign and multiplayer were not great, and it just kind of lost it's feel. It didn't feel fun anymore, but a pain to play. It doesn't please us, it doesn't please them... What were they thinking?