• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

COD PC Advice needed.

DT2000

Recruit
My son is an avid COD player and has been since the first version however he only used PS and xbox consoles. I I have been looking into getting him a PC for gaming and although I am versed in IT and coding I could use some advice on which PC to buy or build.
I am currently looking at a PC with the following:
Ryzen5 2600 GTX 1050Ti/RX550
4GB Graphics
3.9GHz 6 Core
8GB DDR4
1TB HDD

Would this configuration be a good fit for him and gaming? He is a daily player on COD..

You advice is needed.

Thank you.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hi @DT2000 and welcome to CoDForums.

In short, I wouldn't recommend that PC for CoD, the CPU is 2 generations old, the GPU is weak and you only have 8gb RAM.

Look here to see the recommended specs for a PC: https://www.callofduty.com/ca/en/blackopscoldwar/pc

I would look at a system with at least a GTX1660 GPU, a 3600/3600X CPU and 16gb RAM with at least 512gb SSD for a single drive or 256gb SSD and 1tb HDD for a game drive.

Is the PC you're looking at a pre-built on eBay or Facebook marketplace?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

KeyboardDemon

Sorry, just to add to what I said, you could also consider an i5, 9th or 10th generation and not just a Ryzen 5.

Are you going to build it or but a pre-built system?

DT2000

Recruit
Thanks for the input. I have not decided if I will build it from the box up or buy a system already complete.
I will look into the system specs you have mentioned and decide from there.

Much thanks.

KeyboardDemon

No problem.

Keep in mind that many pre-built PCs will shout about the key features like CPU and GPU. Then hide the fact that they might use cheap motherboards that throttle maximum performance from those components. They also tend to cut costs on the power supplies with the worse brands giving you tinderbox units that are just waiting for a spark to burst into flames burning the PC and money spent on it.

Post links here if you'd like us to look over your options before you commit.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements