• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Cold War Season One

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
So, we're now a week in since the first season started, there are discounts of up to 33% to buy the game so I am tempted, BUT, is it worth buying now?

I can't even remember exactly what people were complaining about at launch, I do recall there being some issues with 4th to 5th gen console changes, issues with weapons balancing, and I think somebody complained about how the characters felt as if they were floating instead of running, so the game didn't 'feel' right. I have also seen a video that states it's a much better game now, so to those of you that are playing, I want to ask you, is it?

KeyboardDemon

They're doing a free week of multiplayer, download it and check it out.
Thanks, I spotted it yesterday and downloaded it, bit worried that I wasn't able to play any MP though, it would only let me play in Bot matches, so I tried a couple of maps. I'll try it again later today, yesterday it kept saying that I can't play online in splitscreen mode, even though my PC doesn't support splitscreen.

GregM

Recruit
I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I did check this morning and it appears to be letting me into all multiplayer stuff. It may have been restricting you to bot matches because there was still a download or install in progress, it took me like 4 hours to download and install. I think it was three separate downloads.

KeyboardDemon

I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I did check this morning and it appears to be letting me into all multiplayer stuff. It may have been restricting you to bot matches because there was still a download or install in progress, it took me like 4 hours to download and install. I think it was three separate downloads.
I'll start BattleNet up and let it perform any updates, that's a good call, thanks buddy.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing but i did eventually bought the game for £33 and for the price its very good, If you got some xmas money saved up i definitely think its worth it. Im sure you have till the 5th of January to buy it with the discount.

KeyboardDemon

There were no further updates when I tried it, but when I launched CW it was working ok, so not sure why it wasn't the first time I tried it.

I found the experience to be far from what I expected, it was well below expectations, however I do want to try the Zombie mode, so I am torn, do I lay out £33 or simply skip this 1.

GregM

Recruit
I played 2.5 games of Domination last night and went back to Modern Warfare. I'll play again before the free week is over but I don't think I'll pay for the game. I know I'm used to Modern Warfare, but Cold War doesn't feel right.

KeyboardDemon

I was going to play MW last night and noticed a few of my friends were playing Zombies in CW instead of MW, so it looks like they have moved on, I ended up getting it, playing a bit more CW MP last night and then left it downloading while I was sleeping.

I do want to play Zombies, so when I get a chance to play later, I'll post with an update on what I think.

KeyboardDemon

Ok, played it now, first game of Zombies I got disconnected from server before I ccould fire a round, so played MW instead.

Tried Zombies today and was getting massive server issues, not fun at all.

Then I played on CW, played a bit of Gunfight and then Nuketown 24/7, check out my highlights:

KeyboardDemon

Right, so this game is a grower, I've played over 11 hours now, it's a very different game to MW and I'm enjoying it.

I didn't like it when I was playing during the free weekend and only bought it because some of my RL friends were playing, so my decision was mostly down to peer pressure.

This is my first Black Ops game, so I have no point of reference to look back on and compare it to. It is clear that it is a different game to MW, that was something I didn't live when I tried it, now I find CW easier to play.

I'm really happy that I have it a second chance.

KeyboardDemon

i like them both and play them both.
Yeah, it's funny though, I hated CW at first and now I like it more than MW.

They are very much different games at the moment, but I do miss Shipment 24/7, would really like to jump into some of that action again.

KeyboardDemon

After around 30+ hours of playing nothing but BOCW, I find the game a lot more fun than MW.

I really like that the few maps are much smaller, so no matter where I spawn, I am never too far from the action,

I really like the insanity of maps like Nuketown and the way maps like Crossroads allow me to run around the edge of the map and circle it or use the buildings to cut corners and run through it.

I like how I can have multiple levels of play on maps like Armada, where I have those rooms at the top on either end and in the middle of the ship, then the main deck, lower deck and finally on or around the sub. I love dropping down onto the sub with a chute and then ascending those ropes to climb up into the bridge so I can sneak up behind enemy players to complete a finishing move on them.

Cartel has lots of great places where I can hide in crops, again it has a decent amount of different levels of play where I can run around and get above and or below opponents making it harder for them to see me and with Ninja, it's harder for them to hear me too.

Even Satellite, The Pines, and Raid have some great features on the map that all lead to some awesome gameplay moments.

It took me a few hours to get used to the game, but now I have, I find it hard to go back to MW where some of the maps are just too big and I have to spend ages running through them to find enemies only to be shot when I do.

In short, I am no longer the hater that I used to be when I started this thread and would encourage others to try the game again if they are haters like I was about a month ago.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
I like them both I think I like cold war a little better but then again with the RTX 2080 TI XC ultra it really doesn't matter all I got to do is see somebody in their dead lmao I also recorded a video of playing cyberpunk 2077 I'll post it later when I get off work