1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Controller or Keyboard and Mouse?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VegitoTM, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Controller or Keyboard and Mouse?

1. Controller

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Not to sure

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Keyboard and Mouse

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. VegitoTM

VegitoTM Recruit

My question to you guys is, which do you prefer? To be perfectly honest, I myself prefer a keyboard and mouse for offline games like Skyrim or Fallout but when it comes to online games like Call of Duty I feel I have to have the edge upon my opponent and a controller allows me to do that all the time but a keyboard can easily get me killed just with one simple misclick.

So I will be voting "Not to sure" on this poll.

2. pietastesgood

pietastesgood Recruit

Give me a keyboard and mouse any day. That being said, I'm a relatively hardcore PC gamer, though I own a PS3. Perhaps I'm just not really used to controller controls, because I just tend to get slaughtered.

Overall, it's pretty hard for me to use the joysticks to get a precise aim, and I'm not used to auto-aim like the other players on the console, which probably explains my bad performance.

3. TehAwfulWaffle

TehAwfulWaffle Recruit

I prefer a controller for most games, but I have to admit that a good kb/m user will trump a good controller user in FPS games almost every time.

4. goldenmaine

goldenmaine Recruit

As you have stated it depends on the game on how it is made and which is the most comfortable device for you to use. Personally for shooting and real-time strategy games I like using a keyboard and mouse. For role-playing, fighting and sports games I like to use a controller because there are a lot of buttons to be used.

5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

It does depend on the game. Controller I think is much easier for me. It takes me a little bit to get used to keyboard functions.

6. Oropherion

Oropherion Recruit

I prefer a controller for shooters and stuff like that, but there are some games that necessitate keyboard use (have too many controls for a controller) or simply don't have controller support. The bad thing is, I don't have any computers with support for wireless controllers, and I don't have any wired controllers... oops :0

7. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

I use a controller for sure. I've never been big on using the PC for COD. I'm a big ps3 fan as far as COD is concerned.

I do use the keyboard & mouse for games that I have to (guild wars, civ). I find that if there is an option, I will always choose the ps3 version of a game over the PC version.

8. mooray

mooray Recruit

I think the mode depends on the type of game you are playing. For instance, I prefer to play Call of Duty with a keyboard or a mouse but other games the game pads work just fine.

9. BonClay

BonClay Recruit

You can be skilled with a controller, but I don't feel that it's as accurate as a keyboard and mouse. I also started on controllers then switched to keyboard and mouse. I can play both consistently, but I'll only use a controller if I have to. The only genre I would say is not good for either is fighting games. With those, you're better off with an Arcade Stick or HitBox.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I voted for controller for me in this one. I do play some games on the PC but my usual choice is to go with the PS4 or the XBOX ONE depending on what the game is. Maybe it's because I'm more used to using the conteroller that I feel more comfortable with i?.

11. HisDudeness

HisDudeness Recruit

It depends so much. If I'm energized and ready to kick some serious butt I'll always prefer the keyboard + mouse since that's what I'm best at and when I'm playing on the computer I can pick the exact server for my own sometimes very specific needs. And then if I'm medicated and just want to chill and have a more relaxed experience I prefer the controller since then I can sit however I want, wherever I want and picking a server isn't as complicated as on the computer.

12. Jordan94

Jordan94 Recruit

Keyboard and mouse for me, well actually it depends on what game I'm playing. If I'm playing an FPS game then I will usually use my keyboard and mouse. If I'm playing a racing game then I will more than likely use a controller. I feel that in racing games using a controller allows you to have much more control than you would if you were using your keyboard and mouse. I usually play Minecraft the most on PC. I use my keyboard and mouse for that as well.