• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

CPU FAN COOLERS

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Which is best..

HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION

or

VETROO V5 GAMING

I am kinda leaning towards the V5. But I could only get the WHITE one and it won't be here for a week..

The HYPER 212 is black and is in hand now...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I've looked at some reviews of the Vetro 5 and it looks like a good performer at idle it actually beats the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB, it was also louder under at idle.

With the CPU at full load the 212 performed better than the V5, and this is when you need a good cooler. The V5 was tricky to install due to the backplate being too fidly, If it were my cash, I'd put my money on the CoolerMaster, but I can see the appeal in the V5, but I would be put off by the louder fan on the V5.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
before i changed to aio cooler i used the coolermaster blk 212 rgb and did not have a problem with cooling or noise so i would recommend it. and i only did 1 fan not 2. and that was on amd :)not intel :(.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I've been watching some tech videos as a casual for a while now. Always wondered which fan is the best for gaming. JayTwoCents did a video about this somewhere. I'll post it.

Yea, KBD posted a video in one of the RTX threads we participated in.. It was the J2c one your talking about and that's what prompted me to purchase the V5.. But it won't be here for a week and in the meantime I came across a Hyper212 locally for a good deal.. So now I have one in the hand (Hyper 212) and one on the way, the V5..

Based on the recommendations I am going to install the one in the hand...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK So I installed the Hyper 212 this morning.

With the CCF (Crappy CPU Fan) I had, my idle temps would be around 30c-35c and my ingame (WARZONE) CPU temps would be mid 70c...

So, I installed the 212 and booted up..

Idle temps were 25c-ish and I went "eh"....

Then I recall KBD saying that the 212 shines under load.. So I loaded up WARZONE and checked my temps..

WHOAAA... Mid 40c... Woot!!! :D

As always, thanx to all for the comments..

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I was hoping to find the thread with all my other 3D Mark benchmarks for comparison purposes.. But I couldn't..

SOOOO many threads.. heh

Anyways, this is my latest (and probably last for a while) 3D Mark benchmark.. It reflects the new cooling with a higher overall performance score...

3DMark21DEC21-A.jpg

3DMark21DEC21-B.jpg

As you can see, CPU temps are decisively lower...

So, I think I a good.. My next upgrade will be another 16GB of RAM.. That's doable with my economic situation..

Then a CPU, but that's going to be a while.. I am having more chest surgery early next month and will be down for at least 6 weeks which means no work.. I can probably cut that down to 2-3 weeks but will have to endure a lot of bitching and evil eyes from my wife. heh

But, as of right now.. Life is good. :D

KeyboardDemon

I was hoping to find the thread with all my other 3D Mark benchmarks for comparison purposes.. But I couldn't..

SOOOO many threads.. heh
Oh, how so???

As you can see, CPU temps are decisively lower...

So, I think I a good.. My next upgrade will be another 16GB of RAM.. That's doable with my economic situation..

Then a CPU, but that's going to be a while.. I am having more chest surgery early next month and will be down for at least 6 weeks which means no work.. I can probably cut that down to 2-3 weeks but will have to endure a lot of bitching and evil eyes from my wife. heh

But, as of right now.. Life is good. :D
I am so happy that your PC is finally sorted, well done, temps are great and your 3dMark GPU results are impressive too.

As for your planned upgrade path, let me give you a few words based on my experience with PC building.

Small incremental upgrades yield small incremental gains, when several upgrades are made over a prolonged time span each upgrade becomes less noticeable, but each depletes funds. Funds that could have been saved over the same period to give you a massive performance gain when you go for a massive upgrade or new build all at once.

Between around 2007 to 2012, I built a gaming PC using the small incremental upgrades approach, I was just spending money on my build adding to the overall cost of my build by around an extra 10% to 20% each time, and gaining an extra 2% to 5% in performance, which I am sure you would agree is not a good return.

In 2013, I built a new PC with an i7 3770k and added a GTX 780Ti when that launched, this PC ran until my GTX 780Ti died to be replaced with a GTX 980 under warranty, but other than that, I left it mostly untouched until June 2020.

During this time, whenever I felt like upgrading parts, I would put that money into a savings account, when my PC couldn't manage 100+ fps in the games I wanted to play, I pulled that cash out and decided to build a new PC. How much of a difference do you think I am now enjoying over my 2013 build? Take a look at this link to see.

3DMark (Time Spy) +201.3%
Graphics Score +247.8%
CPU Score +82.3%
Graphics Test 1 +239.9%
Graphics Test 2 +255.0%
CPU Test +82.3%

Going from 16GB RAM to 32GB will not add any extra frames per second to your gaming performance, if it does, it will be less than 3% and that's generally accepted as within margin of error, a less than 3% gain is not considered to be a gain at all.

Upgrading your CPU now, when DDR5 has launched is not a great idea, it's not a bad idea either, but look at the CPU gains I got when I went from a 2013 build to a 2020 build, and look at my overall gains then decide if you think it will be worth it.

That's not to say my results are any indication the results you might see. I had a 2013 i7, you have an i5 so you might see bigger gains, I went from a top tier CPU to a CPU from a tier below that, so had I gone Ryzen 7, it's hard to tell, but generally the difference between an i5 and i7 with the same RAM and GPU is a lot smaller than going from 1 GPU to the next tier/model up.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
That is some AWESOME analysis there, dood!!!

Many thanx for ALL your efforts.. I will definitely follow that sound advice..... Probably.. :D heh

As you may have noticed, patience is not one of my virtues..

"As you may recall, patience isn't one of my virtues. Actually, I don't have any virtues. But if I did, I am certain that patience would not be one of them."
-Crowley, SUPERNATURAL

Thanx again...

KeyboardDemon

That is some AWESOME analysis there, dood!!!

Many thanx for ALL your efforts.. I will definitely follow that sound advice..... Probably.. :D heh
Anytime buddy.

I hope you see the point, don't needlessly change parts for small gains, if you need to change a part, consider the gains and cost and decide if that overall difference is worth the investment before adding the upgrade.

Your CPU cooler is a good example, look at the performance gains you got from a relatively cheap part, now look at the performance gains you would get from RAM that costs at least 3x the price of that cooler, if it does not scale in proportion then it is not a good deal, IMHO.

"As you may recall, patience isn't one of my virtues. Actually, I don't have any virtues. But if I did, I am certain that patience would not be one of them."
-Crowley, SUPERNATURAL
I think that is something that I could have said!

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Anytime buddy.

I hope you see the point, don't needlessly change parts for small gains, if you need to change a part, consider the gains and cost and decide if that overall difference is worth the investment before adding the upgrade.

Your CPU cooler is a good example, look at the performance gains you got from a relatively cheap part, now look at the performance gains you would get from RAM that costs at least 3x the price of that cooler, if it does not scale in proportion then it is not a good deal, IMHO.

"Your logic is impeccable, Captain.. We are all in grave danger."
-Spock, STAR TREK, THE CHANGELING

:D

I think that is something that I could have said!

Heh.. Supernatual was my favorite show.. And Crowley was my favorite character.. :D

freakdaddy64

Recruit
if you want the ram get it i got tired of looking at 2 empty slots and i filled em up. patience blah blah blah! ill see if i can find video about ddr5 too. ddr5 or ddr4 isnt going to be a big deal as far as gaming. if i had ddr5 right now i dont think id see 1 fps better then what i get now.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Yea, I too hate to see the empty slots, but what with Christmas and being out of work for a month right afterwards.... Any excuse I can find NOT to spend money... :D heh

KeyboardDemon

@AntiCheatAgent94 has your V5 cooler arrived yet?

If you have enough thermal paste to put the CM cooler bac, then try some tests with the V5 to see how it compares. J2C recommends it as it delivers good bang for the buck. I don't think it will outperform your CM, though I am interested in seeing the difference between the 2.

Try running a few tests with your CM cooler using 3D Mark set for CPU performance only. Run between 3-5 times to get as much heat as you can in to the cooler, record highest and average and repeat with the V5.

You can also run Cinebench, a free CPU stress testing tool can help with getting the data you need, but also take a look at this:

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Believe it or not... I am usually of the mind that IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT..

No, really!! :D

I am putting the Veeto on a Gamer that I am building for work... The one time I played around with the Coolers, I broke a GIGABYTE MB.. Kinda gun shy after that.. Heh . :D