• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

CR56 continued!

Wiseowl

Recruit
So has some has been rating this gun, l thought l’d give it a go! I have been using Emissary version and l’m not that fond of it yet. I’ve leveled it upto 24 and just unlocked nvg, which I’ll probably use when ls are unlocked. The question this gun gets better without underbarrel and rear grip? This sound strange to me!

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
If you can get this gun setup to work for you in harmony with how you play then you will find it to be an amazing piece of hardware, if not, then you will hate it.

Go back to this thread that ended up getting kind of hijacked to see what @CMCFLYYY has to say about it, plus I think he might have posted a thread about this gun, but in the thread linked above he has helped me setup gun to match how I play and I haven't put it down since, I am only about 50 kills aways from getting a gold skin with this gun now, but struggling with longshot kills which says more about my skill than it does about my gun.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
So has some has been rating this gun, l thought l’d give it a go! I have been using Emissary version and l’m not that fond of it yet. I’ve leveled it upto 24 and just unlocked nvg, which I’ll probably use when ls are unlocked. The question this gun gets better without underbarrel and rear grip? This sound strange to me!
Depends what game mode you're playing to how you would kit it out. But the CR56 has the best time-to-kill curve for any weapon inside 50m so it is very lethal if you can handle the moderate recoil.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I had been mostly doing under 50m, sometimes it works really well but most of the time the recoil at short and long distances is a bit much for me. To combat the recoil l had under barrel and rear grip and without optic. Maybe I’ll give it another go sometime but for now I’m gonna work on another gun. Maybe l got my expectations too high from what l read before, lol!

DizzyDemon

Recruit
I'm using this setup at the moment and I really like this, it might not be right for you, but it might be a good place to start.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry, wrong screenshot, I meant to share this 1:

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2019 Screenshot 2020.08.30 - 21.08.40.24.png

Also, try swapping from the Squall to the Zodiac barrel and Compensator helps reduce muzzle climb but it doesn't silence your weapon, you might find there is a better choice if you want to remain undiscovered when you shoot.

Wiseowl

Recruit

View attachment 1225

Also, try swapping from the Squall to the Zodiac barrel and Compensator helps reduce muzzle climb but it doesn't silence your weapon, you might find there is a better choice if you want to remain undiscovered when you shoot.
Hey so you are using front and rear grip, l thought you said you weren’t, l must’ve got confused again, hahaha!
I’ve just tried levelling up the kilo, and now l feel like l can’t be bothered with the game! Now that is saying something right cos l know that’s a good gun, lol! I’ve come to a conclusion maybe I’m tired of all the hard work I’ve done from getting all my smg’s platinum! I’ve got used to the speed of them and now it feels like the kilo is to slow when you suddenly see an enemy. I need to learn to take my time a bit more again and hopefully both guns will feel better. You never know tomorrow is a new day and l might just feel better!

View attachment 1225

Oh and l was there for a little while trying to work out what you had!

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Oh and l was there for a little while trying to work out what you had!
Yes, I'm sorry about that, Tapatalk is a great app but it has its limitations, like not being able to see pictures as clearly on my phone as I can on my 27" monitor.

Hey so you are using front and rear grip, l thought you said you weren’t, l must’ve got confused again, hahaha!
That was true when I first started using the CR-56, I thought slight of hand was a more useful addition to the gun until @CMCFLYYY pointed out the more significant benefits that the grip offers over faster reload speeds, now there's no going back.

Wiseowl

Recruit
Yes, I'm sorry about that, Tapatalk is a great app but it has its limitations, like not being able to see pictures as clearly on my phone as I can on my 27" monitor.

No need to apologise l found it funny!

That was true when I first started using the CR-56, I thought slight of hand was a more useful addition to the gun until @CMCFLYYY pointed out the more significant benefits that the grip offers over faster reload speeds, now there's no going back.

I couldn’t have checked the messages properly cos it was quite long. I’m glad though that grips are used. I thought by the time l level my gun l would have to take them off, that seemed strange to me, lol

Well l thought l would give it another go while l felt refreshed from yesterday! And yes it’s a very good gun, I’m finding it very accurate, not noticing the recoil anymore. Can clearly see I’m gonna struggle with LS though

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Well l thought l would give it another go while l felt refreshed from yesterday! And yes it’s a very good gun, I’m finding it very accurate, not noticing the recoil anymore. Can clearly see I’m gonna struggle with LS though
It if a fun weapon though, don't you think?

I'm thinking about the AK for my next challenge, not to get to Platinum, just Gold for now.

I still haven't touched DMR and Sniper rifles, and haven't really got into pistols either.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I'm still not sure what game modes you're playing. But if the CR56 has too much recoil, I would suggest using the following loadout:

Muzzle; Compensator
Barrel: Zodiac
Optic: VLK
Underbarrel: Ranger Grip
Mag: 45 Round Ext

Stay away from the Rear Grip attachments - they are some of the most minor buffs you can get for weapon improvement. For example, the Rubberized Grip which is supposed to help with recoil, only gives a 4% reduction to vertical recoil magnitude. The Compensator reduces it 27%, the Ranger/Merc/Operator grips all reduce it by 17%, and the Zodiac barrel reduces it by 22%. Even the VLK is miles better with a 10% reduction to both vertical and hortizontal recoil. A 4% recoil reduction is not worth an attachment slot when you've already reduced the recoil by 76% elsewhere.

To go over those attachments individually:

Compensator: As Dizzy mentioned if you really need help with recoil use the Compensator, but you are forgoing the ability to suppress your weapon. If you're playing MP that isn't a big deal, but in Warzone suppressors are almost mandatory so at some point if you can't manage the recoil then you might have to call it quits with this one.

Zodiac Barrel: The long barrel not only adds range and velocity, which are again mandatory for Warzone, but it also reduces your recoil as mentioned above. Even if you're playing MP where the range/velocity buffs aren't as important, you could still consider using this barrel just for the 22% recoil reduction. That's worth a slight ADS trade-off if recoil managment is an issue.

Optic: As mentioned elsewhere I always prefer the VLK on just about any weapon except my Kar for Warzone. The combination of the ultra-quick ADS time and it's very good (for an optic) all around recoil reduction properties, plus the super clean reticle make it a no brainer for me. There are others that do reduce recoil in a similar manner - some of them have slower ADS times, others have reticles that aren't as clean, but there are others than can be substituted instead. Let me know if you want to know more on this, but for now I always suggest just to use the VLK.

Underbarrel: Now that they've nerfed the Merc grip, there is a place for all 4 grips in the game once again. The Merc, Ranger, and Operator all reduce vertical recoil by 17% so all that separates them is their secondary buff. The Merc reduces Hipfire Spread, the Ranger gives you Aim Stability, while the Operator removes the ADS Strafe Speed penalty the others give. The Commando is different from the others, in that it doesn't reduce recoil at all but rather stabilizes the pattern with less side-to-side bounce, in effect cleaning up the pattern so it's easier to predict and manage. I ususally roll with the Commando on all AR classes but since you've mentioned recoil control is an issue I would suggest the Ranger instead. The 17% vertical recoil reduction will likely help you more than a cleaner pattern would. Plus the added Stability will make landing shots easier as well.

45 Round Ext Mag: This should be self explanatory. If you're playing Warzone the CR56 takes roughly 7 shots to kill from short ranges and as many as 11 at longer ranges. Using a hypothetical 50% accuracy, that would mean you'd need 14 shots to kill 1 enemy, meaning you could kill 2 with one mag before needing to reload. Expanding that to 45 means you could kill 3 before needing a reload. And this is even more true at longer ranges. 11 htis to kill means 22-25 shots to kill again if you're roughly 50% accurate - at that point you're having to reload after every single encounter. The 45 round mags would let you down 2 players in 1 mag even at longer ranges.

Again I would eventually try and wean yourself off the Compensator especially if you're playing Warzone, but use it now if you need some time to acclimate to the weapon. If you're used to the Kilo, M13, Grau etc, the CR56 can feel like a ton of recoil to handle. The Compensator would make the transition easier so you can get used to the weapon in general, and then eventually swap over to the Mono Suppressor when you're ready.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Nice! You suddenly got your longshots then? I’m using the zodiac!
I've decided to go for the 500 kills with gold achievement so I'll try swapping over for the zodiac and muzzle the gun to see how much of a difference that makes.

Then I can try it in plunder after some practice.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
View attachment 1231
Yee haaaa.... thanks to @CMCFLYYY I have got gold, excellent support, your help has been much appreciated. AK next or should I swap to a different weapon type?
The AK was my favorite gun to gold. Integrated Merc grip, 1 hit-kill anywhere in Hardcore, super quick reload. While golding the FAL and now the Oden, I REALLY notice the increased reload time. I use the AK in Warzone along with the CR56 with the following loadout:

Muzzle: Mono Suppressor
Barrel: Romanian
Laser: Tac Laser
Optic: VLK 3.0x
Ammunition: 40 Round Ext

The integrated Merc grip with the Romanian barrel saves an attachment, which allows you to use the Tac Laser and an Optic. I believe this is the only rifle that lets you do this without sacrificing range/velocity, like the Kilo/M13 do with their integrated suppressor barrels or the Grau and its integrated Merc short-barrel. The AK already has only 1 range dropoff - coupled with high damage that makes it a long range beast. Being able to run both the Tac Laser and an Optic means the best of both worlds - you can speed up ADS and also get the mid-range precision of a 3.0x scope.

I know people like the appeal of the 75-round drum, but that thing nerfs your movement speed nearly 10% and your ADS by over 2 frames. The 40-round mag only does 1% damage to movement speed with essentially no ADS penalty. The AK needs only 6-8 shots to kill even at long range, so with 40 rounds you could kill 3 players with roughly 50% accuracy. To me the 75-round drum just seems excessive. The situation where you would need to kill possibly an entire squad at once without reloading would be in short range, so assuming a mix of head/chest/body shots that's roughly a 6 hit kill. The 40-round mag can kill all 4 with just 60% accuracy at that range - 60% is fairly reasonable given the short distance. The 75-round drum can kill over 7 players with that same accuracy - when would you ever need to kill 7 players in quick succession? To kill just 4 players would require only 33% accuracy - if that's the best accuracy a player can manage, they probably don't need to be using the AK and with its higher recoil anyway. I don't think the recoil is any worse than the CR56 - both require some practice to be better at longer ranges, but the super low TTKs make it worth it.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I've decided to go for the 500 kills with gold achievement so I'll try swapping over for the zodiac and muzzle the gun to see how much of a difference that makes.

The Zodiac reduces recoil by 22%, so swapping that in will almost entirely negate the 27% penalty you get by removing the compensator for a suppressor. So the gun should handle almost identically to what you're used to - a 5% increase in recoil should be imperceptible. However as soon as you take it into Plunder you will notice the 32% increase to your ranges and the zippier bullet velocity (42%). The Squall is good for short-range multiplayer thanks to its ADS buff, but in Warzone/Plunder you're going to want the Zodiac 100%.

Wiseowl

Recruit

With the other bullets tho and gi optic with blue dot. Also using commando and compensator. I’ve been doing quite well with that setup! I have mainly mounted and reloads left. Not opened skulls yet but getting there.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
OMG. What are my fingers doing today!!!

I'll try that again, hopefully it will get sorted in the edit @Carlos
Nice! You suddenly got your longshots then? I’m using the zodiac!
Oh, and yes, yes I got finally got my longshots.

It took me ages to get any longshots, but then it was like something clicked and I just ended up getting a string of them all in a row.

I got quite a few on Hovec Sawmill using the route that was suggested by @CMCFLYYY.

I got some on Arklov Peak, which is a good map for both longshots and mounted shots, I found some crates where I could mount up and pick off enemies as they made their way to the trench.

I was surprised to manage to get 1 on Shipment, standing on top of a shipping container, I shot across to the other side and hit a guy that was trying to launch a missile I think, well standing still anyway.

Wiseowl

Recruit
OMG. What are my fingers doing today!!!

I'll try that again, hopefully it will get sorted in the edit @Carlos

Oh, and yes, yes I got finally got my longshots.

It took me ages to get any longshots, but then it was like something clicked and I just ended up getting a string of them all in a row.

I got quite a few on Hovec Sawmill using the route that was suggested by @CMCFLYYY.

I got some on Arklov Peak, which is a good map for both longshots and mounted shots, I found some crates where I could mount up and pick off enemies as they made their way to the trench.

I was surprised to manage to get 1 on Shipment, standing on top of a shipping container, I shot across to the other side and hit a guy that was trying to launch a missile I think, well standing still anyway.
Everytime l try to get a ls on top of shipment crate, l always get caught. If you try out my setup you may find that’s it’s not always quick paced, but I’m also getting a decent amount of one shot kills in. One time l managed to get a triple revenge kill so that was sweet when that happened. It helps you to be more precise and l find that you can even get snipers with it.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
The Zodiac reduces recoil by 22%, so swapping that in will almost entirely negate the 27% penalty you get by removing the compensator for a suppressor. So the gun should handle almost identically to what you're used to - a 5% increase in recoil should be imperceptible. However as soon as you take it into Plunder you will notice the 32% increase to your ranges and the zippier bullet velocity (42%). The Squall is good for short-range multiplayer thanks to its ADS buff, but in Warzone/Plunder you're going to want the Zodiac 100%.
I'm not sure if it is the Squall that seems to produce a small amount of what feels like drag, if I try to turn my gun with the trigger held, it might be the Squall or it might be the monolithic suppressor, but OMG, I can shoot at people and it's like they don't know I am shooting at that them sometimes. Close quarters are still not easy with ADS but I have won some hip firing, probably a time advantage and spread helping me there, also I swapped my thermal site for a scout combat optic and have noticed the slightly faster ADS, I like this more than the last loadout, I adapted to it faster than I did before.

Everytime l try to get a ls on top of shipment crate, l always get caught. If you try out my setup you may find that’s it’s not always quick paced, but I’m also getting a decent amount of one shot kills in. One time l managed to get a triple revenge kill so that was sweet when that happened. It helps you to be more precise and l find that you can even get snipers with it.
I find the easiest container to climb up is on the wall by C, there's a small trash container that's easy to jump on and then launch from to get on top of the container by that wall, if you time it right you can run straight at it, jump and then jump again and you'll end up on top of the container in less than 2 seconds.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements

Angels of Death