• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Crash During Campaign On Steam

garethmb

Recruit
This is an odd one as I worked in tech and have all the latest drivers etc. Multiplay works fine but the campaign crashes frequently and requires me to reverify files and relaunch. I am on Steam vs Battlenet as this is what was sent to review it and the Alone campaign is unplayable. I have opened a support ticket but was curious if anyone is seeing this.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
This is an odd one as I worked in tech and have all the latest drivers etc. Multiplay works fine but the campaign crashes frequently and requires me to reverify files and relaunch. I am on Steam vs Battlenet as this is what was sent to review it and the Alone campaign is unplayable. I have opened a support ticket but was curious if anyone is seeing this.
I'm on PS4, and I have a similar issue... What I said in another thread...
I am currently stuck in that particular mission. I am at the end of the mission, where you're supposed to meet Ghost at the tunnels. I was able to reload the game a few times after the first attempt at finishing the mission, I loaded the game, and got as far the river near the tunnel. It crashed right there. After a few attempts, it crashes barely on loading screen.

garethmb

Recruit
I'm on PS4, and I have a similar issue... What I said in another thread...
Thanks, I filed a report with Activision and got an auto-reply saying it could take 4 days and I know it will be the usual cut and paste b.s. about update drivers, etc. Did all that did you read the report. Send us a DXdiag, then uninstall and install again. So by now we are 7 days and counting and the truth is likely it is a known issue and we are working on a patch but will not tell you we released the game with this issue for some.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Thanks, I filed a report with Activision and got an auto-reply saying it could take 4 days and I know it will be the usual cut and paste b.s. about update drivers, etc. Did all that did you read the report. Send us a DXdiag, then uninstall and install again. So by now we are 7 days and counting and the truth is likely it is a known issue and we are working on a patch but will not tell you we released the game with this issue for some.
Activision shut down most communication platforms besides Social Media. Going on Reddit doesn't help, either. It's a leftist shithole. Most bugs that are sent via Social Media has to be short, or with proof, like this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSlTdPP_dvE

Their forums are shut down.
Their Q&A style boards are shut down.
Their support page takes you to their automated "ask me" thing, whatever the fuck that thing is.

So, we're just left wondering. There's a trello board, but even that doesn't allow responses or communication to Activision devs.

That leaves boards like this one that you're on. It's a public forum, but most people don't know the actual issue is.

garethmb

Recruit
I work in media so I have contacts with them and their p.r. but usually it is as you said. Oh just send a report. If I say it is hindering my review and deadline for radio or the papers that may move it along.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I work in media so I have contacts with them and their p.r. but usually it is as you said. Oh just send a report. If I say it is hindering my review and deadline for radio or the papers that may move it along.
What a small world. I'm a writer, I own a few blogs. (scroll down, links are in there...)

I'm trying to finish the single player mode, to finish my review, but the "alone" stage stops me from finishing the Single Player mode. Multiplayer is a bit playable. There's a hidden gem inside Modern Warfare II, and it's hindered by the glitches, bugs, and all that crap. I just need to learn the maps, and all that stuff. My issue is the game can be a bit rage inducing. Otherwise, there IS a good game hidden in there.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
since i stop using dlss and i am using the fidelity cas i think it is the multiplayer has not crashed and i have not been back to campaign yet to see if it stops crashing so is this a possible fix for the crashing i dont know.