• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Cronus/strike pack question

Bigurn

Recruit
So just bought cod for ps4 (will get my ps5 when the ps7 is released probably) I have cross play disabled as I don't trust PC players but I know there are cronus/strike pack mods for ps4 already probably for ps5 also, my question is will anything be done about this or should I just stop reporting them say screw it and play the game?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
So just bought cod for ps4 (will get my ps5 when the ps7 is released probably) I have cross play disabled as I don't trust PC players but I know there are cronus/strike pack mods for ps4 already probably for ps5 also, my question is will anything be done about this or should I just stop reporting them say screw it and play the game?
Unfortunately, no. It can't directly be "detected." It's a device on top of a device (in this case it's PS4). Just report it, and let them figure it out. Once they figure out that loop hole, they'll deal with it, but at this point, I don't foresee this problem being fixed by Activision or Treyarch, or even Infinity Ward. Its been about a year that we knew about it, and still hasn't been fixed.

So, my suggestion is to just report these losers, so they can collect more data and make judgements later.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hi @Bigurn,

Welcome to CoDForums, it's great to have you with us.

So just bought cod for ps4 (will get my ps5 when the ps7 is released probably)
Unless you pay the ridiculous scalper taxes to get 1 now, I feel your pain buddy, I am hoping for new components for my PC but everything is either sold out or only available for super inflated prices in the hands of the people that bought out whatever they could so they could sell them at supoer inflated prices.

I have cross play disabled as I don't trust PC players
This statement or something very much like has come up more than a few times. I think it is because Eurogamer published an article about cheating in Warzone just a few weeks after it released last year and this along with similar articles about PUBG and Fortnite from 1-3 years ago seem to have tainted the reputation of all PC gamers.

We're not all cheats and statements like this make me feel like I am being called out for the actions of other bad sports,

I know there are cronus/strike pack mods for ps4 already probably for ps5 also, my question is will anything be done about this or should I just stop reporting them say screw it and play the game?
I think you might have some trust issues, first it was PC players and now console players, have you considered playing just the campaign and then moving on to Bot matches?

Are you honestly experiencing that many cheats online that your first question on these forums is all about how to deal with console cheats and tell us you have blocked all PC players?

Bigurn

Recruit
Yes the amount of cheating I experience on day to day basis is comical at times. Back in the day I used to call people that would kill me or whatever cheaters or he must be using something, so I did my research. I bought both the cronus and the strike pack to understand how they work , and now that I have seen in person what they can do and how they operate I know what to look for. Once you peek behind the curtain it's hard to go back to the way it was

I have had bad experience with pc players through my gaming career, the elite pc master race that looks down on the console peasants, the ffarr bot farmers using 3rd party programs to mine more shards in one minute than I could in one day, in my experience they ruin every game they touch because they just can't help but cheat.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
There was a time when I would have thought it was important for me to make you see things differently, but if I am to be completely honest with you, it doesn't matter to me anymore.

It's your time that you're spending in pursuit of your hobby, if you are enjoying what you do in the way that you want to play it, then that's all good. I would have liked to have thought that you might enjoy it more if you were able to experience games with a larger player base, but the choice is yours and I am sure there will be plenty of other things that we can talk about on here, such as loadout and strategy (neither of which are strong points for a casual player like me).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Hackers/cheaters... cronus, zen, max, xim and other crap General Call of Duty 1
E PC International Strike Force is LFM members Clan Recruitment 0
W Multi 104th Strike Battalion Clan Recruitment 2
TardarSauce Call of Duty : Warzone extremely lucky cluster strike on a helicopter Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums July's Liberty Strike Community Event is live now General Call of Duty 0
TheFUSEspecialized Cod Ghosts: FFA K.E.M. Strike King! [Pubstomping] Call of Duty Media 1
TheFUSEspecialized COD Ghosts Free For All K.E.M. Strike King! [Pubstomping] Call of Duty Media 0
A Bayview KEM Strike Strategy. Maverick Perk Setup Tips. ONSLAUGHT DLC GAMEPLAY. Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos First look at the K.E.M. Strike General Call of Duty 3
P MSF-Mobile Strike Force is Recruiting! Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos Behind the Scenes with Strike Packages General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Treyarch shows off First Strike General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Treyarch shows off First Strike General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops First Strike comes to PC: March 25th. General Call of Duty 0
Carlos New First Strike Berlin Wall Trailer Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos New First Strike Anscension Trailer Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Second Strike reveal soon? General Call of Duty 0
Carlos First Strike for PS3 arrives March 3rd. General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops Second Strike Coming? General Call of Duty 0
Carlos First Strike to arrive on PS3: March 3rd General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Leaked First Strike Zombie trailer! General Call of Duty 0
Carlos First Strike Ascension Trailer Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Inside Xbox previews First Strike Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Inside Xbox previews First Strike General Call of Duty 0
Carlos New Black Ops First Strike Trailer released! Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Trailer! General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops First Strike Trailer! General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Black Ops First Strike Trailer! Call of Duty Media 2
B Cannot play Campaign mode since update. Keep getting a missing dlc pack error Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
CODForums Plunder Pack Vehicle Skins featuring Xzibit Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Todoki Will the tomogunchi pack be back? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
T Red Tracer Pack Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
thecampkiller PC [TWP] The Wolf Pack is now recruiting for casual and comptitive players Clan Recruitment 7
T Duke Nukem Forever-Hail To The Icons Parody Pack Video Games 2
Carlos Modern Warfare Remastered's Variety Pack arrives General Call of Duty 1
DeeZay PC CoD: Modern Warfare 3 - Chaos Pack DLC 3 General Call of Duty 1
Akedes Xbox Live The Pack is Recruiting! Clan Recruitment 6
A COD Infinite Warfare Giveaway - Bullethawk Pack Call of Duty Media 0
T [PS4] Wolves Gaming - Join the pack! Clan Chat 0
GhostlyAce FULL REVIEW OF THE NEW DLC ECLIPSE MAP PACK IN BO3! Call of Duty Media 0
R MX Garand Review and Gameplay Video - Plus a Prize Pack Giveaway! Call of Duty Media 0
eGsistance BO3 Pre-order bonus pack General Call of Duty 0
JusZenTFN Nemesis DLC Preview Pack General Call of Duty 3
Carlos 4th personalization pack features Dead Man's Hand General Call of Duty 1
T COD Ghost maps pack maps confirmed Call of Duty Media 0
InfamousSlayer "POD" First Game & Impressions of Apocalypse Map Pack DLC Call of Duty Media 0
samuelmiles Black Ops 2 FINAL DLC (Apocolypse map pack) Call of Duty Media 0
Annalarke Call Of Duty : Black Ops II Care Pack for the XBOX 360. General Call of Duty 0
InfamousSlayer UPLINK Carnage! Playing w/ Brother! (Pack a Punch Camo, Minecraft?) Call of Duty Media 3
InfamousSlayer NEW Camos FIRST LOOK & Images (Sights, Calling Cards, Pack a Punch) Call of Duty Media 0