• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Dedicated servers or p2p?

Krozz

Recruit
I’m concidering buying COD:MW but some things aren’t clear to me and I was hoping if the COD cummunity can help.

I noticed that Warzone has its own dedicated servers and that nice to hear. But are the regular multiplayer games modes like TDM, Domination etc played through dedicated servers or p2p? If p2p, does migrating hosts happen often?

I have heard people say its a mix of both.

I have never seen host migration happen in nearly 450 hours of playtime, but a lot of players claim that it happen

CrackPOT

Recruit
Dedicated Servers suck DONKEY BALLS!! In this game. What is the point running your own dedicated server. This game sucks as far as their dedicated server. Why? Here is why...

1. No dedicated server list ( how stupid is that? )
2. No admin commands
3. No welcome page
4. Can't ban people in game ( ROFLMFAO )
5. No map voting
6. No map auto rotation
7. No map list

This just a few items why the dedicated server for this game SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
So it with 100% certainty that the multiplayer part is p2p?
Well, they said "it's dedicated servers, guys!" but multiplayer has mixed results, so I'm leaning towards a mix (hybrid servers). Warzone is definitely a dedicated server to hold 150 players. But it's not the kind of dedicated servers you might think - I think it's one of those cheap ass dedicated servers. That will change on the next Call of Duty title after Black Ops Cold War, though. They did go 200 players, but even that choked.

CrackPOT

Recruit
I’m concidering buying COD:MW but some things aren’t clear to me and I was hoping if the COD cummunity can help.

I noticed that Warzone has its own dedicated servers and that nice to hear. But are the regular multiplayer games modes like TDM, Domination etc played through dedicated servers or p2p? If p2p, does migrating hosts happen often?
As far as dedicated servers go in this game IT IS ONE BIG FAIL!!!. There are NOT DEDICATED SERVERS LIST! to join on. So why in the hell do have a dedicated server with NO DEDICATED Server List you can join!! How fuking stupid is that. I have been running game servers since 1998. What is the point if you have no server list to join hahahahaha. That's just ON BIG FAIL!! ROFLMFAO!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JusZenTFN Dedicated Servers Live on all Platforms! General Call of Duty 2
eGsistance BO3 on PC will run on dedicated servers General Call of Duty 0
moaz13 No dedicated servers General Call of Duty 10
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare will have dedicated servers General Call of Duty 7
Carlos Dedicated Servers coming to Call of Duty Ghosts General Call of Duty 6
C Multi How can you get people to join a MW Dedicated Server? Clan Chat 0
C Multi Dedicated Server! Clan Chat 0
C Multi New Dedicated Server List! Clan Chat 0
L PC Italian Discord Community dedicated to "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" Clan Recruitment 0
L PC Italian Discord Community dedicated to "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" Clan Recruitment 1
B Multi [YOUJO] Clan is looking for staff, and dedicated members to grind all of the new content as soon as it comes out! Clan Recruitment 0
F Xbox Live Looking for Dedicated Competitive Players Clan Recruitment 0
F PSN Fuse Nation Community (Looking for dedicated players) Clan Recruitment 2
S PSN Eperienced mature adult, 1.30 kd. Master prestige. Looking for dedicated clan. Clan Chat 2
Carlos PC gets full Dedicated Server support General Call of Duty 1
S PC GHOST Clan is dedicated to its members Clan Recruitment 0
X PSN [DFK] CLAN. Dedicated Front-Line Killers Join Us!! Clan Recruitment 0
M Looking for a scrim captain and dedicated players for PC Clan Recruitment 0
Immortal_Joker No Dedicated Server Support General Call of Duty 3
Yankee_LT Disconnect From Servers Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
U Are the servers down if not why do I get this message Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
P Servers Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
Wiseowl Servers? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
HawkSmask PING LOCK THE SERVERS Call of Duty: WarZone 0
G LAG/ HOSTS/ SERVERS/ fake ping calculation Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
S COD Warzone is being DDOS right now. Which explains why their servers are crashing.. DEBATE! Call of Duty: WarZone 1
K PC Upcoming CoD4 clan with servers - Need staff, members, server managers and more! Clan Chat 0
F PC [UdSSR] CoD2 Community & Servers Clan Chat 0
D Tick rate of the servers General Call of Duty 2
D COD REMASTER SERVERS ONLINE VIEW Call of Duty Media 1
C Hosting Call of Duty Servers General Call of Duty 0
S PC Looking for Servers Administration (RCON, FTP ETC.) Clan Chat 0
jinxswe Need admins for public servers Clan Chat 0
T Want to watch a top P2P team Call of Duty Media 1