1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Did anyone else used to play this four-player split screen?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World At War' started by FlyFish998, Sep 21, 2015.

1. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

Every time I think of this game, it brings back memories of playing four-player split screen mode. Back then, the screens were so small you couldn't even see anything.

I don't even think any of us played online at that point of time. We always just played together when we were at each others house.

I do kind of miss that about the new-age video games. Online games are completely fantastic, don't get me wrong, but there is just something so fun about playing together in the same room. What do you guys think?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

To be honest I'd rather play online, everybody in their own houses instead of everybody crammed around the one TV screen. I remember growing up and we had many of them nights and every now and again it did get a bit rowdy, shall we say.

I guess I miss the social side of it, but you have to admit that playing online like we do now is something that we could only dream about back in the day.

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

I used to sometimes, but not that often. And I agree it's better with everyone in the same room I think.

4. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Recruit

I did all of the time with my friends, not to play great or to do all that well. I played it mainly just to have a laugh with some mates of mine that came over.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

It was the concentration aspect that I could never get my head around. I was always to tempted to see if I was winning or not and couldn't stop myself from glancing at the other screens.

6. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

Exactly! I agree with you guys. It was really great fun to be able to play with your friends all in the same room, even if the four of you were all just goofing off together.

The online matches were most certainly a dream back then, and I can't deny it's amazing benefits. I love being able to play with my friends who live 900 miles away. But I have just noticed that since online gaming became available, I rarely EVER play split screen like the old days. If I play with friends we usually just switch off playing a round online while the other basically looks at their phone.

It's just not the same. I do prefer zombies though because it requires real teamwork if you want to reach high levels.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

While online gaming as developed at a rapid pace, and now I probably couldn't do without it, I do think it's taken away the social element of gaming a bit.

Nowadays I very rarely go to a friend's house or they come to mine to play a game, it's easier now just to play online in the comfort of your own home.

2 people like this.
  8. jesolis

jesolis Recruit

Yes! I played with my friends all of the time and it was not a great experience for me because I always lost! I think I always lost because they were screen-watching. Also, the space allotted to my screen was super small, I could not even see anything. I had to be super close to the screen to even be able to play!

9. nusster

nusster Recruit

No! What? You could play this one in a split screen? Oh, man, did I miss out on some fun. My favorite thing is to play video games with friends and there just aren't that many video games out there who offer local multiplayer. I mean, don't get me wrong, online multiplayer is awesome, but messing with your friends while you play is just a great experience.