• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Disable crossplay in Warzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskool

Recruit
I heard it's possible to disable crossplay in Warzone on PlayStation, but if you try to do it on Xbox it breaks matchmaking and never connects you to anyone. Is this still the case in 2021?

If so I'll probably buy a Playstation 5 instead of Series X. PC cheating is a huge problem that I wish to avoid entirely.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
HI @Oskool,

Welcome to CoDForums, it's great to have you with us.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I do enjoy playing Crossplay with my friends that are collectively on all formats, so none of us would want to disable Crossplay if it means we can't connect with the others to enjoy our private matches together.

PC cheating is a huge problem that I wish to avoid entirely.
Is it?

How big a problem?

What evidence is out there to support this claim?

I've been a member of these forums for nearly a year now, this is a topic that comes up every few months, then we go round in these little circles and the conversation can get quite heated, but the gist of it is:
  • PC players don't like console players as they get aim-assist, but often they don't realsie that aim-assist has it's limits and it is not the same as an aimbot.
  • Console players don't like PC players as PCs can run hacks and mods to get them aimbots, wall hacks and other advantages
My point is both Console and PC players can get access to tools/hacks or devices that can give them an uncompetitive advantage, but because all players can do it, it doesn't mean all players do.

Activision started clamping down on this with MW and to the best of my knowledge have made it a lot harder since they started this, they implemented several measures such as Account closures, IP blocking, and hardware bans. They also made it a requirement to require an activation code by text to register new accounts to make it harder for cheats to get new accounts once banned from their old accounts.

Oskool

Recruit
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

There's many articles covering the cheating issue. I'd like to completely side-step the issue by disabling crossplay.

My main question is, can Xbox disable crossplay without breaking matchmaking in Call of Duty Warzone?

KeyboardDemon

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.
Always a pleasure.

There's many articles covering the cheating issue. I'd like to completely side-step the issue by disabling crossplay.

My main question is, can Xbox disable crossplay without breaking matchmaking in Call of Duty Warzone?
I'm a PC player, I am not what you might class as a serious player, I just play for fun, but as far as I am aware it was only PS4 players that had the option to turn off Crossplay, I am not sure if this feature carried forward to the PS5 or XSX consoles, but suspect if they had it that you could end up playing against Bots, which defeats the purpose of having a multiplayer game.

Published April 19, 2020
Published Aug 29, 2020
Published October 3, 2018

I can't speak for PUBG, never played it and never wanted to, but I can say that you shouldn't let articles reporting events from as far back as 2+ years ago put you off playing against players that are online now, the gaming landscape has changed a lot in that time.

Activision and IW went through a massive purge and cleared out thousands of people over spring and summer, it wouldn't be truthful to say that the cheats are 100% gone, a small number of new cheat programs have been spotted being advertised since the launch of BOCW, but I don't think this is a big issue, at least, it's not in multiplayer mode as far as I can tell.

I also recall reading or seeing it on 1 of the YouTube channels where commentators talked about Activision taking legal action against some of the creators behind some of the cheats.

Oskool

Recruit
You're probably right and it's only possible to turn crossplay off on Playstation. Microsoft was the one really pushing for crossplay and Sony was kind of relunctant to do it at first. So it makes sense it's only possible to disable on Playstation.

That makes up my mind. PS5 over Series X it is then. :) I also hear there's less mouse lag on PS5, and mouse feels really laggy on Series X. Weird.

Mycrospyder

Recruit
You're probably right and it's only possible to turn crossplay off on Playstation. Microsoft was the one really pushing for crossplay and Sony was kind of relunctant to do it at first. So it makes sense it's only possible to disable on Playstation.

You can turn off crossplay on xbox... now I haven't looked lately but I know for a fact you could on xbox because I had it turned off for some time.
  1. Go to the Main Menu.
  2. Open up options (Prompt is in the lower left of the main menu)
  3. Navigate to the Account tab of the options menu.
  4. Highlight Crossplay and select Disable.
  5. You will no longer be matched with players on PC or other consoles.
Again, I have not looked lately but I find it hard to believe that it would be removed.

Oskool

Recruit
I heard doing that on breaks Xbox matchmaking and you'll never find a lobby even after waiting 20mins. But I hear it works on PlayStation.

Mycrospyder

Recruit
I heard doing that on breaks Xbox matchmaking and you'll never find a lobby even after waiting 20mins. But I hear it works on PlayStation.
Never had that problem before but I switched it back to crossplay after alot of the cheating crackdowns happened.

KeyboardDemon

Never had that problem before but I switched it back to crossplay after alot of the cheating crackdowns happened.
Would you say that since the crackdown cheating has been completely stopped or are there still a small number of cheats that haven't been caught yet?

Mycrospyder

Recruit
Would you say that since the crackdown cheating has been completely stopped or are there still a small number of cheats that haven't been caught yet?
Honestly...don't think they could stop everyone as most hackers are constantly working on the newest hack in accordance to the latest patch.

KeyboardDemon

Honestly...don't think they could stop everyone as most hackers are constantly working on the newest hack in accordance to the latest patch.
Hmmm... What I am really trying to ask is, would you say that the OP should be worried about find hackers in every game where there are PC players also playing?

Or do you think the OP's concerns are no longer the issue that they were back in April 2020 when that article was published in Eurogamer?

KeyboardDemon

@Oskool,

I hope we have put your mind at ease in this thread, I was already confident that the number of cheats on Warzone have been massively reduced to a small percentage of players, and that is something that has been confirmed by another player, I think it is unlikely that you would encounter any cheats as I don't believe there are enough out there to have an impact on every player online, though I think with stock situations the way they are, you're more likely to see the release of the next CoD game before you can get your hands on a next gen console.

Oskool

Recruit
Not in the slightest I'm afraid. Cheating has always been, and always will be a huge problem on any system they can be installed on.

You guys did help me decide which system to purchase. Playstation 5 seems like the best choice, because crossplay can be disabled in Warzone's game menus and matchmaking still works.

Microsoft has been pushing crossplay a long time now, so it's doubtful they'll reverse couse and have an easy way to disable it like Sony has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements