• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Multi Discord Server

rohanv4296

Recruit
Hey guys,
If there is one thing that has really been annoying for me in Warzone, it would be the 4 player limit for the lobbies stopping me from being able to play with all my friends. Because of that, I decided to try making my own discord server for the first time where we can find new people to play with and set up some fun stuff like custom games. I also do want to try putting in things like wagers and setting up private 6v6 SnD games and stuff like that. That was the initial goal but my friends are telling me to think bigger than just a little server for custom games. Because of that, I am trying to make as many connections as I can to try and build a nice community where you can do things like meeting new players of the same skill level or even tournaments. Like I said, I am really new to making my own discord server and am not really sure how to make it grow outside of my own circle so I am reaching out to the all of you guys.
Please feel free to join the server https://discord.gg/TPVEd5g7
Whether you are just joining to check it out, actually use the server, or to even just give some criticism or feedback, just know that all of it is greatly appreciated. Thank you

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hi @rohanv4296 and welcome to CoDForums.

I don't use Discord, but I have a few suggestions that might help.

First, on discord, take a look to see if anyone has created a community for new members where you can get help and advice on building your own community.

Your friends are saying think big, but you can't start big, growth takes time. Even the biggest trees started off as acorns.

Join communities, like CoDForums, where you can establish and build relationships, @Carlos has been building this community for years, it didn't happen overnight.

Put in the work, you will no doubt spend many hundreds of hours running empty servers before you start seeing new members but you might be able to speed things up by getting your friends to spread the word too.

A discord group for CoD would probably need a clan too, create content to promote that and post that on all social media fronts and make sure your friends share every post as well as post their own content to drive viewers to your discord and CoD groups.

Promote what you're doing in the clan groups on here, following all of the rules and guidelines when you do.

Learn about how to market your activities. I see a lot of people posting about what their group stands for, but most people want to know "what's in it for me?" so make your posts about the members and what you can do for them. Don't post about the group and what people can do for you to help you grow the group.

Be active in other groups, be a giver, build a following.

Your YouTube channel should help you promote your Discord community and the discord community should drive people back to you YouTube/Twitch/Twitter channels.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements