1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Do you think COD will ever die?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by debtheweb, Jun 28, 2013.

Sponsored
  1. debtheweb

debtheweb Recruit

Would like to hear your thoughts?

2. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

Everything comes to an end is my opinion on this. But I don't see it happening in near future, because CoD franchise keeps growing even after x sequels. But I think that a time will come when people will turn on to something new, whether it's a new game or some technology (Virtual Reality maybe, who knows).

3. rgiova20

rgiova20 Recruit

The easy answer is "Everything comes to an end" but in reality we've never been in a situation like this. For the first time ever companies are trying to make their franchises last basically forever. We have no idea if this will work because it's never been done before. Can a product be repackaged and rebooted enough times to make a franchise immortal?

4. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

Well, this has worked with RockStars Grand Theft Auto series. Though, GTA is completely different then CoD in every aspect. One can say that you can have unlimited stories drawn with GTA but not with CoD.

Call of Duty is a war game and there is only but so much you can do with. Every year the pretty much come out with the same basic things. They need to either completely revamp the story or move on to something else.

5. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

Yup. But if they revamped the story, it wouldn't be a Call of Duty game anymore. So I'm guessing the franchise will die one day, but not soon.

6. dejongkimberlee

dejongkimberlee Recruit

I think the franchise will last a few more years a few more releases. At the current moment, the hype around the games is still strong and I think It will to continue to be that way for awhile. I can't wait to see what the release once the series dies

7. Fuey500

Fuey500 Recruit

I don't think CoD will ever die, it's too big of a franchise to die out permanently. It may lose traction over the years but I feel like it will never truly die out. Maybe they might have to sell the franchise to another company to keep it going.

8. zackeymane

zackeymane Recruit

Eventually It's gonna die, but I think it will stick around for a long time. Everything dies.

9. Rico

Rico Recruit

As everyone is saying, the franchise will sometime come to an end. I don't really see it slowing down as of now. If people keep buying, then they'll keep making new games. Although, it seems like players are getting less pleased with the games as they go on so maybe they should somehow change things up or spend more time on creating a quality game.

10. rossonomous

rossonomous Recruit

I think it will and tbh it probably won't be that long until it does. Obviously it still has a good few years in it, but each game is getting worse as most of us know. There will always be people playing the games though, so it may die, but it will never be wiped out.

11. DavePearce

DavePearce Recruit

COD games will soon come to an end I believe, the prime for Call of Duty seemed to be back in Modern Warfare 1 and 2. COD MW3 seemed to be a real disappointment for me and many others. I personally still stick with the earlier Modern Warfares as the gameplay online I feel is far greater than what Modern Warfare 3 can offer.
    I am looking forward to seeing what 4 will be like but I am not expecting great things. I hope I am pleasantly suprised :D

12. GT555

GT555 Recruit

It seems to be so popular so I don't think it will die just yet but I suppose all things pass eventually. Perhaps people will eventually just get bored of it. There is only so much they can do with each new release. But for now it is still very much popular!

13. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

It seems like all of us have the same opinion - eventually it will die out, but not just yet.
    It's pretty interesting how there aren't any different opinions. I was sure there would be a variety of comments.

14. ORc

ORc Recruit

Everything dies eventually, there is nothing that does not die. However, I do believe that Call of Duty has/is creating a legacy and will continue for more years to come. I already watch my children play it, and I would not be surprised if my eventual grand children will play it as well. If it dies out anytime in the next ten years, I will be surprised.

15. rossonomous

rossonomous Recruit

And we keep saying this every year.. Maybe one year they will actually surprise us again :p

16. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

I honestly don't think it will ever die, it has too much of a fan base. They would make way too many people mad it they stopped making them, plus they would lose out on a lot of money.

17. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Everything dies eventually, but COD won't die anytime soon. It's just too much of a cash cow, and frankly, too much fun to die. It is honestly my favorite online multiplayer game, and that could be said to be the same for millions of others. COD's not going anywhere.

18. chasedood

chasedood Recruit

I do not think they will ever stop. I think that the only way that they would stop the Call of Duty series would be because they lose ideas. They would seriously have to be completely stupid to quit making these games. The are on the of the all time most selling games out there in the market and have been for some time now.

19. sarz

sarz Recruit

Not any time soon and perhaps not all. I think it depends if they can manage to keep producing quality campaigns time after time. So far it has worked and the COD hype is definitely far from over. I know that that I am one of many that is far from ready for the end.

20. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Haha, no doubt. As long as the makers don't get lazy, they will always have a large fanbase. This game has the benefit of getting the most funding out of virtually all the retail games out on the market, and it shows. I, for one, don't buy COD games every year, but I can see the appeal. They are really good at marketing their product and it is a great game to pick up and enjoy with your friends year after year, because they rarely change too much.