1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Does anyone else have any particular memories from this cod?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty 1' started by RetJoSek, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RetJoSek

RetJoSek Recruit

So I was just thinking about memories from the original CoD. And quite frankly I have one... And it isn't very fond...
    The prominent memory (I have a bad memory so don't remember much from a while ago) is of a huge game-wrecking glitch where at random points I would just fall straight through the ground. Or sometimes things and soldiers would become transparent. It really was annoying for me as I was quite young and just assumed I was doing it wrong...

Anyway what do you remember about the game? Fond memories?

2. kamy

kamy Recruit

Yeh I have a memory when on PC I used to play this server called bash & jump it was a great server and was pretty popular basically in the server your gun wouldent damage anyone but you could only kill by bashing them ( hitting them with your gun ) and there was these jumps you could do so it would be harder for someone to kill you. The server only went down last year and it was a great server.

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Recruit

I remember playing it on PC, I used to have a lot of fun playing Search and Destroy rifles only, for some reason at the time it was new to me and I loved the sound of the rifles firing once and it was always lots of fun although I was extremely bad at the game back then.

2 people like this.
  4. Becco

Becco Recruit

Ha! I played on those servers and I remember it being so much fun, lots of hours were spent there hitting people with the gun and running around in circles, I've been looking for a new bash and jump server since it went down and I haven't found any, do you know of any? Let me know!

5. chrislyons88

chrislyons88 Recruit

Agreed. playing it on PC is the only way to go. There is nothing worse then a great FPS on console. I can't play any of this stuff unless there is a keyboard and mouse involved. Call me old fashion but the console is a place for newbs. Seriously I don't like hearing 12 year olds crying when I headshot them.

CORRECTION. I love killing 12 year olds online in COD. nothing is better then hearing them cry. TRUESTORY. one kid was even complaining to his Mom. I heard it in the background. Good times.

tl;dr
    My best memory is pwning newbs online and hearing them cry. hahaha.jpg

6. riku517

riku517 Recruit

I'm going to have to agree with chris, any game on PC is far more superior, in my opinion, than on a dedicated console. And who can go wrong with enjoying the screams and sobs of a 12 year old? Those screams and sobs are the memories I have of most CoD games, haha!

7. chrislyons88

chrislyons88 Recruit

Yeah. First installing this beast on my p4 and rocking it till 4am. I beat it in 1 sitting and started playing it again. Yup it was that fun when it came out. I still have it on CD. ahhaha classy classy.

We should all team up and play a few rounds for jokes.

8. visto

visto Recruit

If I had a copy of it still, I would be so down for some rounds.

9. apriapism

apriapism Recruit

I remember that first Normandy beach level, it was always my favorite. In anything actually, I always got excited seeing it in Band of Brothers, or saving private Ryan, and to play it was even better.

10. kamy

kamy Recruit

na i have been looking myself there was the bash and grav one up not too long ago but its gone too now. If i could find the mod i would try buy a server with the mod as i really do miss the good times on it lol.

11. derbestrafer

derbestrafer Recruit

Of course, I remember playing on PC (the multiplayer), probably was the first game that I just got obsessed to get better. I also remember playing in "rifles only" servers, it was so much fun.

12. datdude910

datdude910 Recruit

I remember the story of this game as it was the one that started it all. it still gets to me about the improvements it's made over the past years.

13. Dazje

Dazje Recruit

It's one of the games that intrigued me the most I think. Excellent multiplayer gameplay ( for the year it was released ) and the story was flawless. Though, I would love it if it had some more missions that would help you better understand the personality of the soldier that you were playing with.

14. Arutea

Arutea Recruit

I played it on PC with a few friends of mine back in high school. We would just pass the USB around and just do HUGE lobbies of search and destroy.. Sometimes I miss high school.. for those awesome times.

15. Gamer

Gamer Recruit

It was my first call of duty to play...i was very excited when i got first call of duty for my pc.
    It was an awesome first experience of playing COD ;)

16. SkinTight

SkinTight Recruit

It was awesome since it was my first time experiencing a first person shooter game. It felt like i was actually there, i was addicted to it at first.

17. Canarez

Canarez Recruit

I remember when I was younger I'd play this game a lot. It was hilarious because I remember the bunker that you'd have to shoot the Nazi's in. Eventually I think you had to throw a grenade and I never really thought of that and just pretty much couldn't pass that level. I laugh at how I couldn't complete that level now. It's hilarious.

18. cyberian

cyberian Recruit

I remember this game fondly. My earliest memory was when I was 7 and it was the night when my dad was coming home late from work, and I took it out of the box of games he played. My mom was upstairs sleeping so I took my chance to play the game. I took it out and shoved it into my GameCube and played for about an hour before I switched it to Sonic as my dad pulled in. That game was so amazing, it surprised me so much, I never saw a game this violent or cool, and I played the games like this once in a blue moon until I got call of duty Modern Warefare 2 5 years later.

19. themarksquared

themarksquared Recruit

I'm not so sure if this was the right CoD game, but I remember throwing my old keyboard on the floor because I had to keep on repeating the mission where we had to run in the square as fast as we could, and if we looked back, we would get shot. I hated and loved that mission. Memories. I want to replay those thoughts in my head.

20. Nasyr

Nasyr Recruit

I would say it was the most enjoyable one :3