• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

Does AW require additional payment for two PS4 systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourge_21

Recruit
I am confused about this statement on the PS4 purchase side of things: “One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4 systems when signed in with purchasing account.” Does this mean that there is an additional fee for having the game on two systems? How does this work with cross-buy?

Tactical Gaming

Seems to me like it means if you purchase if you can play on any console you are logged in in (pending download and install), however, since your account would have to be logged, you would not be able to play on 2 consoles simultaneously.

bourge_21

Recruit
Oh
Seems to me like it means if you purchase if you can play on any console you are logged in in (pending download and install), however, since your account would have to be logged, you would not be able to play on 2 consoles simultaneously.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the insight.

princenyc

Recruit
I think @Roccityroller is right. You can't be on 2 systems at the same time. Which makes total sense. But I would try to get some clarity on exactly what they are trying to say from a Activision rep.

jbepp

Recruit
From what I understand, it's pretty much like Roccityroller said. You will be able to play on any console with your account, just not simultaneously. I think Steam has been doing to same thing with their Family sharing feature, you can play the game on different PCs (and even different accounts), just not at the same time.

bourge_21

Recruit
So are you saying that I could play with both my PS4 accounts but never at the same time? If this is the case, I could understand. The statement was somewhat misleading though.

I'm not sure how PS4 works, but on Xbox one, if i purchase on my home xbox anyone playing on that xbox can play it. Additionally, I could sign into another xbox and play it, but only on my gamertag.

if PS4 is the same, then yes, you could purchase with account(1) on PS4(1), then login to PS4(2) and play, but only with account(1). Then if you login to account(2) on PS4(1) they should be able to play there also.

Qarnage

Recruit
So are you saying that I could play with both my PS4 accounts but never at the same time? If this is the case, I could understand. The statement was somewhat misleading though.
That is most likely the case. I'm not entirely sure since I have only one console but at least on Steam it works this way. Would make sense too since you have only bought one copy of the game so why would two consoles be allowed to play it at the same time.

bourge_21

Recruit
That is most likely the case. I'm not entirely sure since I have only one console but at least on Steam it works this way. Would make sense too since you have only bought one copy of the game so why would two consoles be allowed to play it at the same time.
Now that made sense. I was wishing the two consoles so my buddy can have the other one, at the very expectation, at the same time lol. Steam is a very reliable game provider though so there's no problem about gaming then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T When does Modern Warfare's Season 4 start? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
W Does quitting count as a loss? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 24
W How does headquarters work? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
R Why does vehicle sound different in my game than on others? For ex twitch streamers, youtubers etc Call of Duty: WarZone 0
J Show scoreboard key does nothing Call of Duty: WarZone 4
V Does anyone watch twitch? Call of Duty Media 0
A Warzone Review. How does it compare to Apex and Fortnite? Call of Duty Media 0
M I Can't Wait To See How Well This Dude Does When The Competitive Scene Starts! Call of Duty Media 0
R Bo4 does not open? General Call of Duty 0
KH98 Does Anyone Play Control On Black Ops 4 ? Let me know what you guys think I did. Call of Duty Media 7
L Why does it count as me killing my teammates in hardcore if I am holding a grenade. General Call of Duty 1
B Does anyone else feel bad for certain victims in horror movies? The Lounge 1
VoiDProjects Multi Does the clan KSI still exist Clan Chat 1
VoiDProjects Multi What games does VoiD participate on Clan Chat 0
Carlos CODForums does not endorse harmful posts CoDForums Announcements 0
K Does anyone know the prestige levels for iw ? General Call of Duty 4
I Why does Ali A has 8 million subscribers? Call of Duty Media 0
I Why does Ali A has 8 million subscribers? Call of Duty Media 0
T Does Gearbox Deserve A Second Chance? Video Games 3
TerraVisionGaming Does Gameplay Really Matter? General Call of Duty 0
nusster Does the game still hold up? General Call of Duty 0
gh0st233 Does anyone here want a new WW2 Call of Duty? General Call of Duty 10
gh0st233 Does anyone want a remake of this? General Call of Duty 3
thepieeatingjay Does it really matter if COD is on the decline or not? General Call of Duty 6
gh0st233 Does anyone still play this? Please tell me you do. General Call of Duty 8
A Match making - how does it work General Call of Duty 2
Y Does this count as a "Ninja Defuse"? Call of Duty Media 1
Fifty How does the COD:AW eSports scene compare to the CS:GO one? General Call of Duty 4
bourge_21 How does Advanced Warfare compare to other CoD titles? General Call of Duty 15
WhoIsDo What does your username mean? The Lounge 7
GooseAlwaysDies EPIC CLASS SETUP - Remington R5! DOES WORK! Call of Duty Media 0
InfamousSlayer KontrolFreek REVIEW- Does It Really Improve Accuracy? Call of Duty Media 0
Ghost_Imported3 Does anyone else play the campaign for the story? General Call of Duty 13
RetJoSek Does anyone else have any particular memories from this cod? General Call of Duty 26
TRCornishboy What does your set-up look like The Lounge 1
H Does anyone know how to get my killcam videos on the web? Call of Duty Media 3
T when does BOII drop? General Call of Duty 1
MidnightEagle11 Does anyone still play? General Call of Duty 24
MidnightEagle11 Why does Xbox get first rights to new dlc packs General Call of Duty 13
F Does anybody want to be my Game Battles doubles partner? Clan Chat 4
N What time does the Escalation map pack release? General Call of Duty 1
Carlos CODForums DOES NOT support lobby hack threads! CoDForums Announcements 0
S 10th prest glitch does any1 now it on xbox 360 General Call of Duty 1
J What does your callsign look like? General Call of Duty 0
Liran Vaisman Brand new clan looking for additional members Clan Chat 1