• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Double XP is the worst thing for older Call of Duty's

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a few matches I had not realized that double XP is active over Memorial Day weekend. Then it hit me, I saw a whole lobby of reset players. Playing as if we're at an MLG championship and we're going to win the $100,000 prize (or whatever it is now).

They only use shotguns, MSMC's, M8A1's, and mods on pistols, the SMR & FAL. This disrupts the flow of a normally fun and entertaining video game and it turns it into a boring competition. It likes no matter what playlist I'm in, it's League Play as long as 2x XP is on.

Two games in a row, I saw a guy head-glitching a planted riot shield in his own spawn on Search. Both matches we were defending so we couldn't plant the bomb to bring him out. I died early on from other miscellaneous tryhardness, whilst my teammates ran into his spawn 1 at a time, allowing him to get 5 kills every round for 3 rounds, then while he did nothing on the 4th round his teammates brought themselves to victory with M8A1's and 1 MSMC head-glitching A bomb on Magma.

I can only thank Treyarch for completely avoiding fixing the cheats that are exploited so often in Demolition. Instead how 'bout some double XP and people trying way to hard at a game. :)

PC gets so much more cheat prevention and it's understandable why, but that doesn't mean older COD's on consoles shouldn't. 1 of every 2 matches on Black Ops 1 someone's using godmode or invisibility. Black Ops 2 it's less, but I'd say 1 out of 30 matches of constant Demolition will get you in with a cheater.

Double XP only encourages people to use the cheapest easiest methods of winning and a lot more cheating pops up during this time too. Not including modding with cheating, mods pop up almost 3 times as much during 2x XP events.

This is my experience on xbox 360, hopefully it's much better on Ps3 and PC.

Angels of Death

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Yeah, Black Ops 2 has a double XP weekend, until September 2nd...

BO2DXPWeekend.jpg

It's just Activision's way of getting people interested in playing at least Black Ops 2, or CODGhosts before the worldwide launch of Advanced Warfare.

Also, keep in mind, a few months before a Call of Duty title is launched, there's usually an uptick of cheating, hacking, glitchers, etc.

It's just Activision's way of getting people interested in playing at least Black Ops 2, or CODGhosts before the worldwide launch of Advanced Warfare.
Might as well pay Respawn to put Double XP on Titanfall, because that's as close to Advanced Warfare as it's going to get.

I know that mods and cheats do tend to appear more often before newer CODs, but even when Ghosts wasn't anywhere near open-to-the-public, this stuff was having a huge surge during double XP events. It's a huge headache.

I just play this game for fun and if I do good it's a bonus. I don't get all serious about this stuff ever.

Like 75% of people I randomly get put up against right now during Double XP are jumping around corners and dropshotting at the same time with a mod on a five seven/tac 45, or a shotgun on or a M8A1. Search & Destroy isn't fun when everyone sits in corners/camps and you just play the game normal, die every single round early and get to watch everyone else camp and wait. Game ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G New guy here again. Match is over and my team is in single digit kills the other team is double digits some 30 40 etc Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
D Double xp Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
Yankee_LT Double Battle Pass XP Token Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
T Please ban or limit c4! It literally takes no skill. I was flying im a heli and all they have to do is jump and double tap square. Make it to were the Call of Duty: WarZone 25
T Cold blood perk vs. double time perk Call of Duty: WarZone 1
nuked DOUBLE TACTICAL NUKE! Call of Duty Media 0
Peaceful Panda Monster Energy ✔ Double XP ✔ Carry Backpack ✔ | Black Ops 4 Livestream Call of Duty Media 1
C COD WW2 DOUBLE MERCILESS + 50 KILLS Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos 1st ever BO3 Double XP Weekend is on General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance GameStop exclusive double sided poster General Call of Duty 0
Mwoakilloa BO2 Double XP Weekend General Call of Duty 4
Mwoakilloa COD Advanced Warfare Double XP Weekend General Call of Duty 4
S18_1NS4N3___ Double XP This Weekend in Advanced Warfare Mosh Pit General Call of Duty 0
T Double xp General Call of Duty 0
A Double XP this weekend General Call of Duty 2
WhoIsDo Double XP extended through today! General Call of Duty 6
WhoIsDo Call of Duty: Ghosts Double XP weekend starting May 30th General Call of Duty 0
Carlos Multi Week-long Double XP coming to Modern Warfare 3 & BO2 General Call of Duty 1
Carlos Multi Week-long Double XP coming to Black Ops 2 & MW3 General Call of Duty 0
NinjahBBQ Black Ops 2 - Double Warthog + VSAT - Shotgun Rampage Call of Duty Media 0
InfamousSlayer How To Rank Up Fast & Take Advantage of Double XP! Call of Duty Media 0
CODNinja BO2 = Double Shield Glitch Call of Duty Media 1
burnsrbeef 1 KILL FROM DOUBLE VTOL WARSHIP Call of Duty Media 0
I Double Moab Twitch.tv Commentary (: Call of Duty Media 0
M My First Double MOAB (Hilarious Reaction) Call of Duty Media 0
NewWorldShogun NewWorldShogun | Black Ops HCTDM | Village | Double Flawless Call of Duty Media 1
D Double XP Trading Cards General Call of Duty 1
B Double xp week? General Call of Duty 1
P Over 900 Score Per Minute Double Gameplay/Commentary Call of Duty Media 2
H Double Exp. Weekend!! General Call of Duty 0
Carlos First Double XP for Black Ops on Feb 4th. General Call of Duty 2
W 4th of July = Double-XP! General Call of Duty 4
C The Worst Cheating I have ever seen in Warzone Call of Duty Media 5
D Warzone is by far one of the worst BR experience Call of Duty: WarZone 8
K The worst thing about Modern Warfare. Join in Progress. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 13
B Plunder turned from one of the most fun game modes to the worst game mode Call of Duty: WarZone 2
M This game has some of the WORST audio I have ever dealt with Call of Duty: WarZone 5
J Worst Audio (Right Now) Call of Duty: WarZone 2
KH98 IS CONTROL THE WORST MODE EVER ? OR THE BEST ? Call of Duty Media 0
T Worst Game Adaptation Of A Movie? Video Games 0
M Pretty sure im the worst BO3 player ever!! Please confirm? General Call of Duty 1
GooseAlwaysDies Worst Call of Duty Match Ever! Call of Duty Media 0
GooseAlwaysDies Worst Map in Advanced Warfare?! Call of Duty Media 0
3Quency Worst Call Of Duty Multiplayer So Far? General Call of Duty 12
F Do you think Black Ops 2 was the worst CoD ? General Call of Duty 5
InfamousSlayer WORST Call of Duty Trend? Call of Duty Media 0
chrislyons88 Worst game of the series? General Call of Duty 35
H4D3N WORST REVENGE SPAWN EVER! Call of Duty Media 2
Devinnspell MP7 Worst SMG in BO2? Call of Duty Media 0
T Worst CoD player ever? Call of Duty Media 2