• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Downtime expected tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Okay, so, what's happening tonight is a server re-size. I have been on ticket with the host for the majority of the week preparing for a resize. In the past, my server (the server CoDForums is on currently) was these specs:

4 GB RAM
- 4 vCPU
- 100 GB SSD Disk Space
- 5 TB Bandwidth

I was being charged $149 with an additional $24 depending on how much traffic the site had, or if I did something else like backups. This was the old setup. The host recently had a website overhaul, but I continued to have these charges. Despite the fact that they list on the site for $89 these specs:

4 GB RAM
- 4 vCPU
- 100 GB SSD Disk Space
- 10 TB Bandwidth

Now, notice anything different? Nothing much, right? Only one difference: 10TB Bandwidth.

We're not going to go cheap and go for this setup, though. I think it's better to go for this setup:

8 GB RAM
- 8 vCPU
- 150 GB SSD Disk Space
- 10 TB Bandwidth

All for $139. :D

The problem wasn't really the price. It's just that I felt like I was overpaying something that should've been changed to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements