1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC DS4 Controller not working, please help

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Calumd123, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Calumd123

Calumd123 Recruit

I'm trying to play CoD Ghosts with my DS4 controller (Normally prefer M+KB but extinction on the couch is more comfy) however despite the game having controller support I am not able to get it to work t all. I have used both InputMapper and DS4Windows, and have tried both with and without exclusive mode on, have restarted my computer several times etc. and the controller works perfect with games like AC4, Limbo, dead space, but nothing seems to be working for ghosts , any suggestions?

2. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

You don't need the old programs or mods for the controller to work anymore. You can connect the controller via USB. There's also a new DS4 dongle out right now that you can buy and is wirelessly compatible with PC.

Also, I don't know why Ghosts doesn't work, but your other games does...? EDIT: I found my answer: Most PC games use "xinput" code, so that's probably why DS4 doesn't work on Ghosts.

One commenter in this blog post by Sony said "instead of using ds4windows it may be a cleaner way (especially because it doesnt needs admin and iirc doesnt mess with your drivers) to used x360ce, which I use for the few xinput only games I have."

3. Calumd123

Calumd123 Recruit

Thanks for the info! I had already tried using my controller with the USB cable although that didn't seem to help so it seems like it must be xinput that is the issue. When I can I'll try out x360c and hopefully that'll fix my problem. Might look into getting the official dongle too to avoid future problems, thanks a lot!

4. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

If that dongle doesn't work with the DS4 controller you have now for use with the PC version of Ghosts, then go ahead and buy the new DS4 controller. I'm talking about the one that's bundled with each PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro. The model that you're looking for is CUH-ZCT2.

Tags: