1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Eating during play sessions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Danblu, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Danblu

Danblu Recruit

Every now and then, I'm sure most of us had this, we get a little hungry or just want something to eat, a snack or similar, but we're playing something, be it on the PC or console.

Not everything is practical to eat while playing, I mean, I'm not going to get a steak and expect to eat it with a knife and fork playing Call of Duty for instance. There are certain things that can keep the hands free and at the same time satiate our hunger. So what are your gamer snacks, if you have any?

Personally I eat some cookies or probably a cereal bar, can hold both in my mouth if I need to quickly kill someone! :)

2. CrispyEggos

CrispyEggos Recruit

I just down water after water after water. I eat very well and only eat a few meals a day, but I guess if I did have to snack on something, it would be something I could dip my hand into quickly. Bag of chips, almonds, pieces of fruit....with a napkin nearby to keep my controller grease-free. :)

3. Gamer

Gamer Recruit

Yesss...i do :D....i really like to have something while playing COD
    I use to eat pizza, popcorn and wafers ...and in drinking coca-cola...fun fun fun :)

4. icebloodz

icebloodz Recruit

Its really hard to play while eating, its not the process itself but the residue and grime that it leaves. I dont want my keyboard/controller to smell like cheetos or sumthin. Its best to use a fork or sumthin when eating stuff. Or have your girlfriend feed you.

5. GoodGorilla

GoodGorilla Recruit

I never eat while gaming. In a day I just usualy have like 3 good meals and that's all. I think it is very unpracticle to eat while gaming and it makes the experience not so good. What I do while gaming is I drink a lot of water. But eating while gaming just isn't for me I guess. I don't like it. If I did eat while gaming it would mostly be some snacs, because it is easier to eat that instead of something like a pica or a real meal.

6. visto

visto Recruit

I drink a lot of water too, but eating any sort of meal is just about impossible online. Any time I've tried, I put down the controller for a second, and get killed immediately.

7. NickJ

NickJ Recruit

Just eat before you game and then if you get hungry during, grab a dry snack like peanut butter crackers, cashews, cheetoes, chips, or cookies. I once knew a guy who had a very expensive gaming set up he ruined by eating turkey and stuffing with gravy while trying to game. I thought he was an imbecile then, and still think he is an imbecile now. 3 years later!

8. xlSynergy_imported3

If you're gonna eat steak, why the hell would you play at the same time :p I eat cereal while playing video games, though. When I die, during the killcam, I eat. Or, when I get a kill or two, I hide and then take a bite and then continue playing.

9. sbatz72

sbatz72 Recruit

I am bad with this. I eat all the time at my computer. I know what they teach in school. I know there are offices that have the same rules as the schools and libraries. I just think it is mine though. I paid for it. I think I should do what I want. Of course, I will be upset if I drop something on the keyboard. No not really, I can always go out and buy another keyboard.

10. sbatz72

sbatz72 Recruit

Wow, you sound very disciplined when it comes to eating your meals and snacks. I think most of us should be more like this. I drink a lot of soda throughout the day. I can only have water at school, so I do get a little bit of that.

11. sbatz72

sbatz72 Recruit

Yes, the almonds and fruit are much better for us than the chips. I always wipe my hands before touching the mouse or controller. I do not want it to get greasy-gross.

12. seafood

seafood Recruit

I eat pizza, chips or candy when I'm playing games. It's so hard to try to eat a meal while playing a game. I usually play FPSs and I always end up dying because I'm trying to stuff food in my mouth. Eating candy and chips make it easy for me to eat and play at the same time. Pizza is a bit greasy and makes the keyboard all gross, but it tastes so good.

13. xlSynergy_imported3

I sometimes eat an actual meal when playing video games, but usually not when I play a shooter. When I played Worms Revolution over the free weekend I ate a meal because it's turn based so while it was the other person's turn, I just took a few bites.

14. NickJ

NickJ Recruit

You can easily eat pizza while playing. All you have to do really is fold your slices and eat it that way. The grease from a slice of pizza comes from the top not the bottom crust part. Fold your slices inside three large paper towels cradled around it and you'll do fine.

15. TheViper

TheViper Recruit

I eat all the time during play sessions. When you first start doing it you are bound to drop things. Though practice made perfect and I am now a pro at eating while playing.

16. xlSynergy_imported3

Ha, that's how it was when I first started. I would like make the spoon/fork fall, and once, I even dropped the plate. I do it so much though, that it's an easy task.

17. NickJ

NickJ Recruit

Just eat foods that don't require a spoon and fork! The only food I eat while gaming that requires a spoon is cold cereal. And it's easy not to spill that if it's in the right bowl without too much milk.

18. supr3mefx

supr3mefx Recruit

Haha, yes we all get the munchies while playing and I think i have found one of the best solutions!
    The secret is to not get any food that requires pre-heating and it should not require any spoon, fork, etc. The things i love to eat while gaming are gummy worms (because you can just stick some in your mouth and enjoy them for a longer period because they are kind of tricky to chew all at once), some peanuts (in my country we have "beer nuts".. however, i'm not sure if they are called the same abroad), maybe some beef jerky and your favorite soda :D
    Furthermore, the best advice i can give right now is: always stay away from food that makes your fingers sticky or oily (french fries, potato chips, etc.) because you will not enjoy playing when that stuff is allover your mouse / controller / keyboard!

2 people like this.
  19. cyberian

cyberian Recruit

I just take whatever food is closest to me and shove it in my mouth haha. But my favorite gaming munchies are honey roasted peanuts. They are so small and I can just take a handful and chow down without thinking of it, and they are so good! :)

20. zackeymane

zackeymane Recruit

I never eat at the desk because I'm prone to heavy snacking, but if I had to pick a snack, it'd be cashews. Mmm, they're the best.