1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Extinction, better than zombies?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by sarz, Mar 22, 2014.

Sponsored
  1. sarz

sarz Recruit

Hi guys and gals. I bought ghost expecting something amazing. Admittedly the story was good. But and for me its a big but, I feel extinction was a bit of a let down compared to zombies. Yes its a faster pace but it just doesn't have the sense of impending doom that zombies had. I mean their is an end to extinction whereas in zombies no matter how far you get you know that the end is only going to come when your dead.

2. 3Quency

3Quency Recruit

Me and my friend often have games nights with takeaway and beer, we were big fans of playing zombies but extinction just doesn't have the same feel to it at all, cannot stand scorpions they are incredibly irritating, even worse than the aliens from zombies.

3. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Eh, I think that I prefer zombies. Extinction seems like there is just a bit too much flair whereas zombies is more cut-and-dry. I just love shooting zombies in the head, haha. I still would like to see where COD takes extinction, though. It certainly has some potential.

4. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

I for sure prefer the zombies, I honestly don't see how they are going to be able to top it. My friends and I would play that for days!

5. nickjt

nickjt Recruit

I prefer zombies and had much more fun playing it, but I think it is good that they tried something new. It has potential to work better if they continue to work on it, and it is good to put things in to keep the franchise original which COD is often criticized for not doing.

6. Glen_Imported3

Glen_Imported3 Recruit

Extinction was just a sloppy excuse for zombies in my opinion. It was fun with friends and everything, but it just didn't have that frantic, fun feel that zombies had. Zombies also has a very complex and interesting story (although very, very, confusing) that extinction lacks.
    Fun, but nowhere near the level of entertainment that zombies provided.

7. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

The zombies are better, in my opinion. They should have either made a zombies mode, or not do anything. They should leave the zombies to Treyarch, they are a lot better at these things. World at War was amazing because of the zombies, Black Ops too, and Black Ops 2. They have awesome stories and maps. A lot better than anything they try to copy-paste and change a bit. Just my opinion, don't take it personally or anything.

8. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Recruit

I've never cared much for the mini games in the series. That being said, extinction, to me, feels a lot less monotonous than zombies. I also like the load out options and the armoury. It keeps me from getting bored of it after a few games.

9. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

I think Extinction was a valiant effort to bring something to the table on par with Zombies. The fact that people weren't that crazy about it was what led to all three developers deciding to just do Zombie modes for each new game. But having the aliens feature in The Beast From Beyond for Infinite Warfare was a nice touch.