1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Favourite gun in Black Ops.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' started by NasAssassin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. NasAssassin

NasAssassin Recruit

So guys, after a lot of thought i've come to realise that I do not really have a favourite gun per se, but my favourite do boil down to a choice of two very different guns.
    They are the G11, and the ever famous AK47.
    The G11 is very useful when used in junction with a Variable Zoom Scope, or even the Low Power Scope.
    It's great for picking off people at a further distance, but also when used in mid ranged combat.
    The AK47 is of course still renowned as one of the best guns in actual warfare, if not the best, so it was always a likely contender.

2. NasAssassin

NasAssassin Recruit

Forgot to add this, what are is your favourite gun in Black Ops?
    Are you like me where there is a tough choice between two guns, or do you have one ultimate favourite?

3. dsspra

dsspra Recruit

For me, and some people may not like this gun, it is the galil, I don't know why but I've always been attracted towards that gun. As for your predicament i would say that it depends on your play style, the g11 is a burst fire so it wouldn't be good close quarters, the AK on the other hand...

4. CrispyEggos

CrispyEggos Recruit

The Famas was a beast until it was nerfed.

I favored the Galil after the Famas nerf. The G11 was surprisingly good, but the ADS frustrated me a bit so I stuck with the Galil.

I HATE recoil on guns, so the AK wasn't the ideal gun for me. I used it on smaller maps like Summit just because I wasn't shooting long distances.

I always made sure to switch it up a bit though, just because I feel the guns were pretty balanced in that game. I stuck to the assault rifles, though.

5. visto

visto Recruit

AK47u, loved that thing. Put the taped mags on with a silencer, I was unstoppable. 'scuse me, gotta go rock BO1 now that I'm writing about it.

6. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Recruit

The Galil was my go to weapon in this game. I was one of those poor people who had to play much of this generation's game on an old crt. The laser pointers and view finders were especially unusable int hat scenario because of the glare and lense dirt. SO for me, finding a weapon with standard sights I could live with was imperative. I found the galil and the Famas were particularly well suited to those ends. Luckily I've remedied the problem with a nice 42 inch 1080p screen. How different that game would have been for me though!

7. samb222

samb222 Recruit

My favourite gun was definitely the Commando with a silencer, EXCELLENT gun! Constantly got attack dogs using it, and it quickly become my go-to weapon when I just wanted to WIN!

Second favourite had to be the silenced Galil, another excellent weapon but nothing compared to my Commando!

8. kamy

kamy Recruit

For me it has to either be the Commando, Galil or Ak74u all of those were great guns commando and galil was unbelievable how accurate it was.

9. derbestrafer

derbestrafer Recruit

Definitely the Commando with a silencer, with that combination you got an almost perfect accuracy.
    My second choice would be the AUG, which is a gun that most people don't use, I don't know why.
    And my third choice would be the Galil with the red dot.

10. thethirdeye

thethirdeye Recruit

This gun was so good in Black Ops One it's ridiculous. In my opinion, it's the perfect weapon for the game. It suits all of the maps and the gun can be used for multiple situations. When I use this gun, I'm basically guaranteed a high K/D ratio, unless I'm having a bad day of course.

11. xlSynergy_imported3

I liked the AK74U. That was my favorite gun and I used it practically every single time I played. During Search and Destroy, I usually used the AK47, though.

12. Vali07

Vali07 Recruit

AK74U by far, running and gunning with this was just so much fun. I used it mainly with a grip and found it to be unbeatable at close range.

13. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Recruit

The FN FAL for sure. I'm generally a firearms enthusiast and if I could buy any rifle of my choice it would be an FN FAL. It combines a multitude of qualities I deem really important in a battle rifle. It's reliable, pin-point accurate, great stopping power and armor piercing capabilities and is hefty as the fist of Thor! In game it may be a tad weak compared to most automatic rifles, but in the right hands it's really dangerous. Even in the heyday of the FAMAS I rolled with the FAL and kept on killing people with ease.

14. Prudent

Prudent Recruit

My favorite weopon would most definitly have to be the AUG. I'm actually surprised no one else mentioned it. I was never a huge fan of the Famas or AK74u simply because everyone and their grandmothers use one of those.

15. Striker1one

Striker1one Recruit

Favorite Gun in Black Ops was probably the AUG. Nothing like slapping a red dot site on there and just going to town. Half the time you didn't even need that. I'd usually just run it naked with no attachments. Well, that's not true, I'd use the double mag or the extended mag with slight of hand (Can't remember what it was called in Black Ops 1). Coming up right behind that was probably the AK-74u. That gun has always been a power house of raw killing intent. Slap the forward grip on it, and you're unstoppable.

16. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Recruit

Black Ops has a lot of really good weapons. I used a large variety of weapons, including the Galil, Commando, AK47, AK47U, Kiparis, G11, HK21, M60, SPAS-12, and the M14. I would probably say the Suppressed Galil was probably my favorite gun ever in a Call of Duty game. It had fantastic sites, predictable recoil, and good damage.

17. xlSynergy_imported3

Yea, I remembered that gun with grip was a monster! One gun that I never liked was the G11. My cousin would always use it and would get amazing scores, though.

18. Canarez

Canarez Recruit

This is very true, the recoil of the AK-47 can be super annoying when shooting very ranged distances. I still am a pretty big fan of sub-machine guns though, the AK74U is a pretty good weapon for it's recoil. It's not very ranged but at up close it can just rip the hell out of someone. You'll win most of the up close fights probably like 80% of the time. I usually run Ghost pro with the AK74u and a silencer. If you're getting pursued then you can just run around a corner, wait until your enemy flies by and they won't even know you're there. Plus the up close damage is a ton better.

19. xlSynergy_imported3

I actually liked the recoil of the AK47, it wasn't that bad, and it was very predictable. A gun that I hated the recoil on was the Famas, moved around so much, but was really deadly.

20. AtlasWest

AtlasWest Recruit

My favorite gun on Blacks Ops is by far the Galil with the suppressor attachment and gold camo. I miss using that gun, as I haven't found anything quite like it yet on Black Ops 2. That gun, combined with the three perks I used (Marathon Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro and Ghost Pro) was a great combo, and it helped me get Blackbirds and Dogs often.