• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Field Of View Poll

Do you prefer a narrow field of view or a wide field of view??

• Can't hit the broadside of a barn so the narrow view gives me a bigger target

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Recently I had my FOV (Field Of View) settings changed in advertently.. I used to have a wide angle field of view which was great for detecting threats..

While researching how to fix it, I came across some interesting information..

While a wide FOV is good for detecting threats, a narrower FOV gives the best targeting.. Since your view is narrowed your targets are larger and easier to hit..

That made sense to me and I was wondering how the community feels about it..

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I just played a PLUNDER match with a 80 FOV... It is VERY hard to get used to and I took some hits with a couple long range attacks.. Hard to pinpoint where the attack is coming from...

But i had 3 CQB encounters and I prevailed in all of them...

So I guess I need to find my sweet spot for FOV...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I prefer wide for better situational awareness, however your second option is not one I had previously considered, as in a narrower view creates a more focussed view that in turn helps promote better aim.

Food for thought, right there.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I prefer wide for better situational awareness, however your second option is not one I had previously considered, as in a narrower view creates a more focussed view that in turn helps promote better aim.

Food for thought, right there.

Yea, I am the same way... Wide FOV gives me situational awareness and I can respond to threats quicker..

But a narrow FOV gives me a bigger target to zero in on...

This is supported by that one test run where every instances of close quarters combat I was able to prevail...

So, now I need to tweak my FOV upwards to provide the maximum situational awareness but still be amply prepared for CQB...

Oh?? IS that all?? :D heh

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I found my sweet spot... 95-ish..

Anything less the display is herkey-jerkey as I run and turn... Anything more and I get pwned more often than not in CQB....

Your mileage may vary...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I need to experiment to see what suits me better too, I might try 95 as a starting point to see how I get on, but will probably go back to playing more Forza Horizon 5.