• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

First Thoughts PACIFIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Was forced to play REBIRTH ISLAND because TPTB in their infinite wisdom decided (AGAIN!!) to get rid of the only mode of WARZONE worth playing for me..

Eh...

I didn't see much of the map.. Too busy not trying to die...

Gameplay seems a lot faster... Smoother.. Graphics are good..

All in all, looking forward to the return of PLUNDER so I can check it out more fully..

Until PLUNDER returns, I guess it will be MW2019, BOCW and HOPE COUNTY MONTANA :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Played a full round of PLUNDER in Pacific..

Intensity wise, it was similar to Verdansk.. Gameplay is the same, obviously. Was able to hold my own fairly well.. Got two kills, two deaths..

Graphics are good.. Audio is good.. It simply is a new skin on WARZONE.. New skin, new sounds, same game.. It's basically the APOCALYPSE MAP from COLD WAR expanded..

I guess I was expecting an UPGRADE.. Upgraded technology.. I dunno.. SOMETHING different..

The fact that we're in World War II is simply depressing.. Nazi symbols all over the place... It just feels old.. Definitely not modern..

But, all in all, it's PLUNDER... So I'm happy but it's just the same ol same ol.. As I said, I was expecting something BETTER...

I guess the problem is my expectations far exceed the reality...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
No idea, still cant get game to start. Installed, unistalled and reinstalled. Sticks on the praparing screen

I had that problem this morning.. I had installed STEAM...

Once I uninstalled STEAM, WZ ran fine...

I am on a PC though.. If you are, do you have any other game source installed???

Lone Wolf

Recruit
Finally got to play a few rounds. Besides the keybinds being messed up a bit, I have a major issue with the display. It seems like I have a very narrow field of view - the old Plunder seemed to be much better. I feel like I'm looking at everything through a magnifying glass instead of standing back and getting a bigger picture. I'm sure it has something to do the the display options, but I haven't figured it out yet.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the new map. Verdansk actually was getting kind of old. I didn't have too much of a problem staying in the top 10 as long as I stayed away from the players that just want to shoot people. :cool: Mainly that was because I knew where everything was and which areas had the most loot.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I am doing this from memory, but if you go into the OPTIONS<->GENERAL settings, the 3rd or 4th option is FIELD OF VIEW.. I have found that 90-ish gives you the best compromise between situational awareness and targeting...
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the new map. Verdansk actually was getting kind of old. I didn't have too much of a problem staying in the top 10 as long as I stayed away from the players that just want to shoot people. :cool: Mainly that was because I knew where everything was and which areas had the most loot.

I know, right!?? :D

In Verdansk, I virtually hung out at PRISON all the time... Usually guaranteed me a TOP TEN ranking...

You find any PRISON-esque areas in APOCALYPSE/PACIFIC?? :D

Lone Wolf

Recruit
I am doing this from memory, but if you go into the OPTIONS<->GENERAL settings, the 3rd or 4th option is FIELD OF VIEW.. I have found that 90-ish gives you the best compromise between situational awareness and targeting...

I know, right!?? :D

In Verdansk, I virtually hung out at PRISON all the time... Usually guaranteed me a TOP TEN ranking...

You find any PRISON-esque areas in APOCALYPSE/PACIFIC?? :D

It's under graphics>>quality. Bunch of other settings there. About ready to try the new settings.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK Played another match this morning.. APOCALYPSE/PACIFIC is growing on me..

I did have a few audio cut-outs as someone else has mentioned. Once or twice and only for a sec or so.. Annoying, but not debilitating..

One thing I noticed that is annoying.. At the end of game sequence, it used to be it would show the single line stats, then do the ranking count up with the circle thingy...

In Pacific, then end of game takes me immediately to the LOADOUT SELECTION.. I have to select the LOADOUT again and then it takes me to the single line stats... I hear the circle thingy count up, but don't see it..

Then it goes into the next game lobby..

Annoying.. I really like to see my ranking circle up.. Yea, wierd, I know.. What can I say.. I am easily amused.. :D

But, I am beginning to like Pacific more and more.. It seems much smaller than Verdansk and I haven't found my "Prison" yet.. But I have only hit a few places..

PEAK looks nice, but that's right in the middle and a gun battle nightmare.. The RESORT shows promise as a PRISON-esque type area.. Big building, but the rest is too spread out..

PRISON was nice because it offerred a nice enclosed place with lots of loot.. All the areas of Pacific seem spread out with not much cover or concealment..

ARSENAL, SUB PENS and AIRFIELD are areas I am planning on checking next..

I have this pic....

WZP-S1-ANNOUNCEMENT-MAP.jpg

On my secondary monitor to provide navigation aid during gameplay... If anyone knows of a better, more detailed graphic.....

"Well, I am all ears.."
-Ross Perot, 1992 Presidential Debates

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.