• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

FIX THE SOUND!

Deadlyh1t

Recruit
Ok infinity Ward!

Are you guys that bad a programming and fixing things?
SERIOUSLY IT'S SO HARD TO FIX THE F@CK1NG sound?

WE WANT FOOTSTEPS NOT FUCKING MAN WALKING ON THEIR TIP TOPS

Angels of Death

Also, don't forget about dead silence.
I had a decent sesh yesterday and in 3 seperate games used dead silence to get into an enemies building and uo the stairs to kill him.
I remember thinking at the time that infinity ward are probably going to be blamed for bad sound when in reality it was just the dead silence fu being put to good use.

I really wish there was a way to toggle the sound on different parts of the game... My absolute least favorite is the pre-game lobby, everyone just shooting LMGs and crashing helicopters into the ground.. I usually just remove my headset. They've definitely adjusted the sound on many aspects of the game (remember when Gulag was like entering a death metal concert?), but I still think there is a lot of room for improvement and saving players' headsets from blowing out.

I really wish there was a way to toggle the sound on different parts of the game... My absolute least favorite is the pre-game lobby, everyone just shooting LMGs and crashing helicopters into the ground.. I usually just remove my headset. They've definitely adjusted the sound on many aspects of the game (remember when Gulag was like entering a death metal concert?), but I still think there is a lot of room for improvement and saving players' headsets from blowing out.
Absolutely agree.
People will use the realism argument, but for me I want to be able to run the game loud enough where I can hear footsteps, while also not being absolutely defended just from firing my own weapon.
There should be an option for fairly aggressive "levelling" of the sound imo.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Absolutely agree.
People will use the realism argument, but for me I want to be able to run the game loud enough where I can hear footsteps, while also not being absolutely defended just from firing my own weapon.
There should be an option for fairly aggressive "levelling" of the sound imo.
This is always such a weird argument. Yes let's have IW "turn down" the sound for gunfire and helicopters so you can hear footsteps - makes sense.

IMO footsteps are already way too loud. These are supposed to be highly trained Spec Ops soliders with elite gunskill across dozens of weapons yet they plod around like elephants stomping their feet? When I'm on one of those metal roofs it literally sounds like an elephant trampolining on some thin metal with every step. These highly trained elite SpecOps soldiers would be trained to move quietly. Sprinting should still make a good amount of noise, but just basic movement should not be very audible at all, and crouch-walking should be nearly silent. Not to mention, what exactly is Dead Silence anyway. A book you pick up off the ground that makes your elite supersolider "learn" how to run silently...for 30 seconds? And then what, he forgets how to do it?

If they want to have something that quiets footsteps, it should be a pair of boots you can pick up and equip on your character. Maybe some boots would offer armored protection but be louder, while others would actually increase damage you take to your lower legs/feet but make your movement quieter? Not to mention, are they just never going to address how putting in armor plates somehow protects your face too? Why can't we put helmets in the game, with different levels of protection that affect movement speed. How does a chest plate protect you from behind, or in the limbs, or lower body?

I need to stop. There is too much wrong with this game that they won't ever fix anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Please fix the skull hammer blueprint dismemberment. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
W FIX THE GAME. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B BR solo playlist - HOW TO FIX (fake patch notes) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
I Small fix for camping Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Skunkopath How to FIX Cod Warzone CPU 100% - Crashing after 2 mins Call of Duty: WarZone 0
G Help, Havin Dev Error Code 6070 and can not fix it Call of Duty: WarZone 1
Z you need to fix the game General Call of Duty 1
WhoIsDo How to fix the Advanced Warfare Xbox One install glitch General Call of Duty 4
D Any fix for PS3 gunbattle stutter? General Call of Duty 3
InfamousSlayer Best Method To Fix Lag Compensation Call of Duty Media 0
B PSN =DJ= Deathjunkies are looking for new recruits! Come get your fix... PS3 Clan Recruitment 0
R Why does vehicle sound different in my game than on others? For ex twitch streamers, youtubers etc Call of Duty: WarZone 0
R Things that need a little adjustment - Game sound, skill based matchmaking, crossplay fps difference Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
K sound problems General Call of Duty 0
Q The sound design in the MP is just bad all around General Call of Duty 1
Carlos Sledgehammer Games talks Advanced Warfare's Sound Design General Call of Duty 0
Jackalsb76 New Sound Design Video General Call of Duty 0

Like CODForums!

Advertisements

Angels of Death