• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Forced to use Vanguard… is it so?

ab.normal

Recruit
Hi, I am new to this forum. Many years ago I was a big fan of games on PC, now I’m back using a PS4 and learning new things about the recent game tech and experience…
I downloaded the free edition of Modern Warfare on PS4, just a few weeks before the release of the new Vanguard. As soon as Vanguard was available, starting COD MW forced me to download the new game, resulting in MW being overwritten by Vanguard. I was just starting to appreciate MW and learning to play decently, I‘d like to continue with MW for some time, and then decide if I want to move to Vanguard. Now I’m rather confused… Are they forcing me to use only the latest game? What can I do to return to MW?
Thanks

In the launcher, where you can choose Multiplayer/Zombie/Campain .. you should also be able to go to the side and choose MW

BTW .. MW was great... Black Ops:Cold War Good... this one.... they sold a half product only, it's kinda ok only!! This installment is nothing compared to the other two!! Just have that in mind!!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
In the launcher, where you can choose Multiplayer/Zombie/Campain .. you should also be able to go to the side and choose MW

BTW .. MW was great... Black Ops:Cold War Good... this one.... they sold a half product only, it's kinda ok only!! This installment is nothing compared to the other two!! Just have that in mind!!
My question is... WHAT... THE FUCK were they doing the past 3 years?

My question is... WHAT... THE FUCK were they doing the past 3 years?
Depends .. Sledgehammer Games have probably been hiring cheap foreign students to code and Activision has tried to find ways to hide their ways of man cultures in their cubiclecrawling, harassmenting and buddypatting....

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I don't have a problem with Sledgehammer Games. In fact, I don't mind WW2 games. Call of Duty: WWII was actually a better game than Vanguard.

They had 3 years, added development resources, and additional studio support. The game itself is good, the issue is the game is plagued by issues.

I do like Vanguard, but I don't see them fixing most issues like glitches, bugs, and so on.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i dont think ive played wwii, i didnt play cod till mw come out in 2019. i have no history with the game before that. and back in the day i played counter strike.

I've played all cod except a total of 3 ( WW1, Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare ) ... and I have Best games for me have been Cod4:MW, BLOPS1 and MW:resmastered.
don't get me wrong, I have a blast in Vanguard in the terms of playing it .. but, as Carlos pointed out .. bugs, glitches and such ... that won't be fixed .. that's where my "Sledgehammer hiring students" comment was directed at. But I was quite disappointed at the length of the campaign... I think that must be the shortest campaign they have ever had.
One of the best thing IMO about Vanguard ... we got away from the futuristic weapons, jumping to the height of airline traffic .. and running cross the walls like lizards ... Back to basic on weapons ( except they didn't have reddots for weapons in WW2 )

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare were good games. Advanced Warfare sold more despite how futuristic it is. Infinite Warfare was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Infinite Warfare was the 3rd futuristic title in a row: Advanced Warfare, Black Ops III, and then of course Infinite Warfare.