• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Fps decreace after time playing

Always when I first start cod wz and play the first game fps are around 30-35 fps, cpu 70°c and gpu 70°. After some minutes fps start to decreace until they reach 14 fps, unplayable and temperatures are still at 70°C.
I know that it is not a temperature problem because when I play fortnite for example, fps are stable over time and temperatures reach 80°C and it is still playable.
Does anyone know why this happens? I asked in the acer forum and no one could help, but I noticed that with fortnite it works perfectly, so it is not a hardware issue.
I got a new ssd and more ram but it is exactly the same as before.
I always play with the lowest settings.
My PC specs:
i5 8250u
nvidia mx150
12gb RAM DDR4
Samsung 970 evo 1tb
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5.

Angels of Death

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Always when I first start cod wz and play the first game fps are around 30-35 fps, cpu 70°c and gpu 70°. After some minutes fps start to decreace until they reach 14 fps, unplayable and temperatures are still at 70°C.
I know that it is not a temperature problem because when I play fortnite for example, fps are stable over time and temperatures reach 80°C and it is still playable.
Does anyone know why this happens? I asked in the acer forum and no one could help, but I noticed that with fortnite it works perfectly, so it is not a hardware issue.
I got a new ssd and more ram but it is exactly the same as before.
I always play with the lowest settings.
My PC specs:
i5 8250u
nvidia mx150
12gb RAM DDR4
Samsung 970 evo 1tb
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5.
Is this for a PC or laptop?

The specs read like laptop specs, with the i5 u processor and MX150 GPU.

Go in to your power management options and make sure you have a high performance power profile selected, and also only play with your laptop connected to a mains socket.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That's an Integrated V card, so its prob not going to handle this game much TBH . Fortnite has a whole different platform on graphics

I
That's an Integrated V card, so its prob not going to handle this game much TBH . Fortnite has a whole different platform on graphics
It is not an iGPU its a dedicated one,the MX150, the processor has its own igpu but it is not used while gaming. It also has its own VRAM.
I meant that the game starts working fairly good but after some time it starts to decrease the number of fps. And some time before the game did not have this issue.
I thought it could be a frequency, temperature or energy problem, but it does not seem like those are the problem. the frequency is always the same, the temperature in other games is even higher and the performance is the same, and it is not an energy problem, the battery does not discharge while gaming and I got a 60W charger.
I think it is something about the loading of the map or the loading of game files, the problem starts when i move from one part of the map to another and when i scope with the sniper, if I stay in one part of the map then this problems does not appear.

Have you gone into device manage, and disabled the other card. I had to do that on my Laptop it kept trying to use my IGPU card . so I went and disabled it. WORKED FINE AFTER THAT

Have you gone into device manage, and disabled the other card. I had to do that on my Laptop it kept trying to use my IGPU card . so I went and disabled it. WORKED FINE AFTER THAT
Nope, it starts automatically with the dedicated GPU, if i try to play with the iGPU I get an error, saying that the card does not support the game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S FPS Tweak Thread for PC Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
C High FPS 120+ no drops but gameplay stutters Call of Duty: WarZone 2
R COMPUTER - FPS is unbelievable unstable Call of Duty: WarZone 7
L FPS DROP TO 30 FPS Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 17
K PC: latest patch sending FPS way down? Call of Duty: WarZone 7
R Things that need a little adjustment - Game sound, skill based matchmaking, crossplay fps difference Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 11
M help with fps Call of Duty: WarZone 8
P FPS DROP, HELP PLEASE Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
T Low fps help!? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
S Low fps despite system spec ? Call of Duty: WarZone 3
J I dont get that much FPS but i have a decent PC Call of Duty: WarZone 1
Phlipups Xbox Live Pork Chop Platoon is Open for Recruitment! 25+ Mature FPS Gaming Community - No skill required. Clan Recruitment 10
T Hardcore Henry-The Live Action FPS The Lounge 4
JohnFPS PSN FPS Clan recruitment PS4 MWR Clan Recruitment 2
JohnFPS PSN FPS clan Recruitment Clan Recruitment 2
Esperahol Is the Xbox more geared to FPS than the PS? General Call of Duty 5
SlickBlasianYouTube 60 FPS? General Call of Duty 9
Phlipups Xbox Live (PCP) PorkChop Platoon- Mature 25+ Xbox FPS Gaming Community Recruiting- Good times/no skill needed Clan Recruitment 0
F Hey Guys, FPS Fest Here! The Lobby 1
K Low FPS General Call of Duty 5
MrFaTaLx1 Fps Freeks - Do They Really Work - Review Call of Duty Media 0
NewWorldShogun Call of Duty 4 | COD = The easy button of FPS Call of Duty Media 2
D Moder warfare fps General Call of Duty 0
H Real Life FPS! Video Games 1
M FPS research into war based FPS games - for a uni project i'm doing Video Games 3
zMrLegacyz So I UNLOCKED OBSIDIAN for my AX50 while playing Search and Destroy in Modern Warfare!!! Call of Duty Media 0
Weedclown420 PC Looking for teammates for co op and playing Clan Chat 2
zMrLegacyz I just hit another NASTY TRICKSHOT while playing MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz I can't BELIEVE I hit these SHOTS while playing SEARCH AND DESTROY on MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 1
B Playing COD MW Shoot House and Hard Hat Call of Duty Media 1
J Playing on PC, Heartbeat Sensor Call of Duty: WarZone 2
X Redownload whole file again after playing for weeks Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
B Are there still people playing COD4 on xbox 360 ? General Call of Duty 3
D Internet Dying with Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
F Just getting back to it....online playing. General Call of Duty 3
T Playing Offline... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
K Problem playing from disk MW Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
L Has anybody heard this while playing warzone? Call of Duty: WarZone 1
X Xbox Live Need XB1 friends? Tired of playing Solo? (Warzone) Clan Chat 0
B Playing with mouse and keyboard on xbox one Call of Duty: WarZone 1
P Multi Are you tired of playing your favorite game with randoms who are toxic, uninterested, or even hostile when you try to join up with them for team play? Clan Recruitment 1
CODForums CarlosX360 has been playing Black Ops since the beginning Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos What are your thoughts after playing the Black Ops 4 Beta? General Call of Duty 3
Jasonn Kids Playing it on a Baby Level General Call of Duty 3
Jasonn What is your best way of playing COD? General Call of Duty 2
M What games are you playing until Black Ops 4? General Call of Duty 12
D Xbox Live [7HzG] Fun, casual and relaxed gaming community - because playing alone is no fun! Clan Recruitment 0
V PC Looking Sniping team playing wwii Clan Recruitment 1
S PSN Looking for clan that plans on playing WW2 Clan Recruitment 1
I It is okay to RAGE when playing BO3. Call of Duty Media 1