• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Going for Gold AK-47 edition

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Right, so after my success in getting the CR-56, here I am again, about to start a new trip with the AK47.

So to start with I have unlocked the Sand Sweeper, so I'll start with that as I have only taken this weapon to level 24 so I will need a few more unlocks to get more attachments and get to some of the easier camo unlocks, but I am aiming at getting this gun to look like:

Muzzle: Mono Suppressor
Barrel: Romanian
Laser: Tac Laser
Optic: VLK 3.0x
Ammunition: 40 Round Ext
If (when) I need help, this will be the place I run to, but I am ready for the ride and quite excited.

Ok. My bad, I wasn't at level 24, I had gained 24 XP for the weapon, but just played 2 rounds in Shipment getting 21 and then 43 kills using Sand Sweeper, I do not recommend Sand Sweeper.

I have unlocked:
  • Tactical Suppressor
  • 1mW Laser
  • Scout Combat Optic
  • APX5 Holographic Sight
  • Solozero Optics Mini Reflex
  • Field LMG Stock
  • Commando Foregrip
  • GP25 40mm High-explosive
  • 40-Round Mags
  • Granulated Grip Tape
Plus I unlocked some camos:
  • Spray Paint x3
  • Woodland x1
  • Digital x3
So just 93 camos left to get, lol.

Angels of Death

If you use the "shoot the ship" playlist you can get the gold camos insanely Quick.

Last weekend I decided to go for gold LMGS. I had gold on the pkm but never used any of the other ones. Took a total of 5 hours of shoot the ship to unlock platinum.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
If you use the "shoot the ship" playlist you can get the gold camos insanely Quick.

Last weekend I decided to go for gold LMGS. I had gold on the pkm but never used any of the other ones. Took a total of 5 hours of shoot the ship to unlock platinum.
Yeah, you've got to love Shoot the Ship, I picked up 64 kills in 2 rounds of Shipment, that's just insane, and I nearly got to the attack chopper, but was stopped at 9-kills, and 9 kills without getting killed is good for me.

I have a question on perks and equipment though, I am running with Cold Blooded, Pointman, and Battle Hardened. I am also using Claymore and Stim, which I think were leftover from some challenges I was doing maybe as far back as Season 3!

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what might help, I think I should lose pointman and put something better in place, not sure what though. I like battle-hardened so I can get my head back in the game after being stunned and I like surviving some lethal equipment hits so I can use the stim to help recover.

But I am open to better suggestions.

OMG. I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't for GeForce Experience capturing the moment I got 10-kills without dieing!

Merciless! lol

DizzyDemon

Recruit
An update on my progress so far, first my loadout:

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2019 Screenshot 2020.09.09 - 00.38.38.17.png

Everything unlocked, mostly through Shoot the Ship, which means I have got to the point where I can use it well in CQC and mid-range scenarios, so that's good.

For my mastery of the weapon, this is where I have got to to so far, or at least as of last night, I played a bit more this morning:

Call of Duty  Modern Warfare 2019 Screenshot 2020.09.09 - 00.38.48.54.png

Longshots continue to be my biggest weaskness, the kills after reload tend to come quick through play without effort to me especially in Headquarters and Domination matches.

I find that even this loadout makes it hard for me to keep all shots on target over distance which is not helped by my either forgetting to use shorts bursts, re-target and the burst again instead of holding down the trigger and hoping that my bullets find my taget.

But I have had more luck in maps like Picadilly by either using the scafolding or targetting the scaffolding from far away, and the first floor of the shop on the corner, I think it's the arcade, where I get a good view of the road and the buses surrounding the B flag.

Rammaza and Khandor Hideout have also been good for me, in Khandor I got 4 longshots in succession by going prone on the roof of the building above C at the start of a match. Finding a good spot at the start of a match seems to be the best play at the moment as I can be sure that there won't be any threats behind me until later in the game and then once the match is fully underway I can just play and no longer try for longshots, unless the opportunity is too good to miss.

I have not managed to get into a Hovec Sawmill match, maybe tonight as I am about half way with the longshots, mounted kills are easiest in Shipment, and I forget what the other 2 mastery camos are, but they are nearly done too.

It's time to start thinking about my next AR, I think it might be the M4A1, I've already got 3810 kills with this but I haven't mastered this to get the gold camo as I didn't know what that was when I started playing the game.

What other suggestions do you guys have?

DizzyDemon

Recruit
@DizzyDemon you forgot to drop your mic!
Oh no, I di'ant....

Actually, I did. And what's worse I even looked for some gifs and memes when I was on my last 3 camos, but found a site that let me create my new avatar instead, then I forgot.

But in the words of my favourite philosopher: "doh!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Wiseowl

Recruit
Oh no, I di'ant....

Actually, I did. And what's worse I even looked for some gifs and memes when I was on my last 3 camos, but found a site that let me create my new avatar instead, then I forgot.

But in the words of my favourite philosopher: "doh!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, l just noticed you changed your avatar!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H WTF is going on here Call of Duty: WarZone 0
A Call of duty going is going down the toilet. . General Call of Duty 1
M I have a pretty good feeling this guy is going to blow up on the competitive circuit. Call of Duty Media 0
C What do you think the special edition of this game is going to come with? General Call of Duty 4
VoiDProjects Multi Who do you think is going to win on the 19 in CCT Clan Chat 0
S Xbox Live Xbox 1 camping team going for 75-0 games in HC TDM Clan Recruitment 0
U THIS SEEMS REALLY FUN - IM GOING TO TRY THIS WITH MY FRIENDS Call of Duty Media 0
X Multi Looking for clan members thats going to help structure the clan. Clan Recruitment 0
D If you like Assassin's Creed and COD, then your going to like this. Try this out!!! The Lounge 0
Wegsy Going HAM with the shotty! Call of Duty Media 0
JamesGames What's going on? The Lobby 8
GooseAlwaysDies 44 Kills! Going Off With The R5! Twitch.TV Hightlight! Call of Duty Media 0
dMISEVip3r Going 37/3 K:D on Raid Call of Duty Media 0
Gamer Hey Gamers, howz your gaming going The Lobby 0
B How's it going The Lobby 0
chrislyons88 Going back to the Classics General Call of Duty 11
Arctic-Rapter When is the Micro DLC for PS3 going to be released? General Call of Duty 1
I You're going to like these commentaries Call of Duty Media 2
C Going for Machinima Partnership Help Me out??? Call of Duty Media 0
H Can someone help me get a bot lobby going? General Call of Duty 1
A Where am i going wrong playing online? General Call of Duty 2
Wiseowl What the gold helicopters? Call of Duty: WarZone 2
D Issues with Getting gold Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Knoxtane My first gold camo! General Call of Duty 2
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare Gold & Diamond Camo General Call of Duty 6
WhoIsDo MLG X Games - Optic Gaming vs Team Kaliber [Gold Medal Match] General Call of Duty 1
Jackalsb76 Gold Knife and Pistol coming to Ghosts on June 3rd! General Call of Duty 2
S PSN Gold Division Clan Clan Recruitment 0
K PSN DischargedGaming.com LvL 14 Cod Ghost Clan with Gold Tags Clan Recruitment 0
F Gold Camo Glitch: Extinction Mode Call of Duty Media 0
C COD: Ghosts - GOLD ASSAULT RIFLES Call of Duty Media 0
C COD: Ghosts - GOLD SNIPERS Call of Duty Media 0
volt why to get diamond and gold camos Call of Duty Media 0
A BO II Zombs: Turning Gold into Cat Shiz Call of Duty Media 0
N Real Life Gold Crossbow! Call of Duty Media 0
N 36-5 CROSSBOW GAMEPLAY SUBSCRIBE FOR GOLD :D Call of Duty Media 0
H4D3N MW3 Gold Gun Trolling IRL - The Truth about Gold Guns! General Call of Duty 2
L We're Our Only Enemy (PS3) Gold Elite Clan Tag Clan Recruitment 0
MidnightEagle11 What was your first truely earned gold gun General Call of Duty 38
G Gold AK-47 General Call of Duty 2
J Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Battle Pass Edition)? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Y Do I need to uninstall warzone and install the digital battle pass edition? Call of Duty: WarZone 2
C Why doesnt Console edition have "Field of View" Call of Duty: WarZone 3
Carlos Livestream reveals Juggernog Edition General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance BO3 Digital Deluxe Edition revealed, includes Season Pass General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance Xbox One Zebra Edition Video Games 0
Atlas of Karma Random Minitage 4 [AW edition] Call of Duty Media 0
JamesGames Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle General Call of Duty 4
Derri What edition of Advanced Warfare will you be getting? General Call of Duty 1
CODForums Advanced Warfare Special Edition Xbox One bundle video Call of Duty Media 0