1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Good Zombies Strategy?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by frankiepr, Apr 10, 2013.

1. frankiepr

frankiepr Recruit

Hi there,

I can't get past 10 or 12 rounds in Zombies. Yeah, I suck at it! I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips or strategies to make it through more rounds.

Thanks in advance!

2. xlSynergy_imported3

Best strategy is to train them and run around in a circle and then kill them all at once. Not only is that really boring, but it's really cheap, however you'll be able to get to like round 900.

3. Greenbox390

Greenbox390 Recruit

Just aim for the head and get them all in one spot.

4. frankiepr

frankiepr Recruit

Thanks for the tips! What is the highest round you have gotten to?

Any weapons you recommend? I like the ones with over 400 bullets in it. Are those the ones you use?

5. visto

visto Recruit

Take your time, make sure you have enough ammo, aim for the head. Stay with the group if you can, they'll revive you. Watch your back, don't get surrounded or cornered.

6. CrispyEggos

CrispyEggos Recruit

Is this solo or with a party?

Each strategy is completely different. I play solo on Town and I'm one of the highest on the leaderboards atm. I just build my points at the start, grab the juggernog and quick revive and hope to the CoD gods that the mystery box will give me something I can work with. Eventually, I'm wanting a ray gun or an LMG, and monkeys (most important thing to have IMO). Just keep making trains and getting points. Be sure to use monkeys smartly and try to hold off as long as possible until you get a max ammo.

Remember that pack-a-punched guns start with more ammo, so don't do it right away.

Basically just be smart and run when necessary. For my other gun, I usually keep my pack-a-punched starting pistol (Mustang & Sally) because it's just pretty beastly once you upgrade it.

I don't really play Transit or with parties....but a group on Town or a non-Transit map would have the same kind of strategy I laid out here.

7. Majestical

Majestical Recruit

Playing with a group of people without a mic isn't going to go very well. That's what I love about Die Rise is it takes teamwork to survive. You need to find a couple of spots within whatever maps you're playing & run around in a circle to train them up. Then when they're all in a line running towards you, you can wipe them all out at once by aiming at the head and unloading.

It's really all about finding the right spots in the maps. Once you find the good spots to run circles, you're good.

8. sarz

sarz Recruit

From a good player to a bad one, only joking. You just need practice. I find the best way to start is to try and stab all the zombies in rounds 1 and 2. That way you will save up points. then buy a cheap gun and try for head shots. Leaving one zombie at the end of a round so you can explore is usually a good idea as well. Most importantly, for me anyway, is getting jugganog as quick as possible.

9. starfox64

starfox64 Recruit

Already a good bit of advice on this thread, but I'll add my two cents. If you really want to get far in Zombies, you can never rush yourself. Never take any chances, and be prepared to run for a long time as you get further along in the waves. Patience is truly the key!

10. nicholiasiv

nicholiasiv Recruit

No matter what map it is, always get moving through the map early on so you can reach the mystery box and better weapons as early as possible. Some maps like Alcatraz and Origins have very powerful wonder weapons that you will want to get to as soon as possible. If you let the zombies in on the first couple of rounds, you can get some extra points by rebuilding the windows. Plus you have a higher chance of getting a power up like double points if the zombies are past the barriers.

11. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

You really want to max out the points you can get, or you could get stuck in a high round with no ammo or money.... and that is very dangerous.

I will ask, do you usually play alone or online? You definitely need a different strategy depending on which route you take. If you play multiplayer, it is essential that you get teammates who know what they are doing and are willing to actually play and not troll. I usually leave a game if the other people don't have mics because I don't want to get to round 12 only to have to revive them every single round.

You want to max out your points while you can in the earliest rounds. So you get the most points if you actually stab the zombie in the very beginning. You also want to let them tear down the wood on the windows and keep replacing it until you no longer get any points for doing so. Continue this until the zombies become uncontrollable at the windows.

This is a really great way to start your game out with the most possible points. In later rounds, you should try to get headshots and limit your ammo refills if you don't critically need them.

The mystery box is great because you can get an incredible weapon, but you may get something you can't reload easily! I usually only pack-a-punch weapons that I can refill from one of the walls.