• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

gpu power connection

freakdaddy64

Recruit
my 2080ti has two 8 pin connections im using one psu power cord with 2 8 pins on it and seems to be running ok some say to run 2 seperate power cords to gpu any opinions please, i mean i wouldnt want ot starve the gpu of enough power.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
If you have the cord to spare, it's always best to put a single cord to a single GPU Power Connector.. Especially with such a high end card as an RTX..

freakdaddy64

Recruit
my psu is a evga 850 g+ i came with 2 power cords with the 2 ends and 2 singles although i cant find one of the singles but with existing i could unplug the one side and run the single then will that work.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
ok running 2 singles now and i use afterburner and it seems to be a higher % of gpu usage now is that where i woud see it. im going to keep an eye on it and look at some previous videos i have and see if theres a difference

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Should be fine... When running that kind of Video Card, if an upgrade to a 1200W is possible, that would be my first choice...
850watt is fine for an RTX 2080Ti, even an oc'd edition, you can run these on a 650 watt unit, though as this is the minimum you could potentially run into stability issues.

my 2080ti has two 8 pin connections im using one psu power cord with 2 8 pins on it and seems to be running ok some say to run 2 seperate power cords to gpu any opinions please, i mean i wouldnt want ot starve the gpu of enough power.
It is best practice to split your cable over 2 rails from your PSU, simply put this reduces the strain on each rail. each 8 pin cable draws up to 150 watts, each connector on your PSU is fed by an individual rail with power protection circuits that are designed with safety features to protect the components you are connecting to the PSU.

I split mine, even with a humble 2070 super, because I wouldn't want to push up to 300 watts through a single rail, when I could split 150 across 2 rails, reducing the stress on my GPU and giving me better protection for my components.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C GPU Timing issues Call of Duty: WarZone 1
N Warzone gpu/cpu usage and low fps problem Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 14
J 10fps in Warzone in lobby and in game. 3060ti gpu, Dell Tower XPS 3490 Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
D Cold War Using One GPU Over Another Despite Choosing The Correct Adapter in it's Settings Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
M Should I enable DirectX Raytracing when I have Radeon GPU XFX RX 6700 XT SWFT 309? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 4
R Trouble with loading game in forced single gpu Nvidia Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
J Intel I7-8700 and 2070 GPU: constant graphics clitches Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 5
A Fire whoever added " Power Rounds " Call of Duty: WarZone 0
Haven Abuse of Power - E-Sports Banner Mock The Lounge 2
P Multi Power House Esports Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos Power in Numbers Cinematic points to Single Player story Call of Duty Media 0
C How to turn on the power in spaceland zombies IW Call of Duty Media 0
S Xbox Live XB1 | Power Gaming | 16+ | Need to fill leadership positions! Clan Chat 0
GoodGorilla Stopping power VS Juggernaut General Call of Duty 9
R Packet burst and connection issues Call of Duty: Vanguard 0
O "One of our party members lost their connection to the lobby host" Call of Duty: Vanguard 2
L Call of duty vanguard connection issue. Call of Duty: Vanguard 3
A Lost connection to host Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
D Connection issue Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
G Connection interrupted Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
S Constant dropouts/connection issues General Call of Duty 0
[CMPR]Stephens Connection Error... Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
D Lagging / Lost Connection Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 5
D Any connection tweaks for Warzone? Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
S Lost Connection to matchmaking after the last update Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 1
C Connection issues with Cod Cold War Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
P Connection Issues? Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War 0
Z Connection issues... Warzone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
H Lag despite good connection Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
M Weird "connection" issue after the new update Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 0
U "Lost Connection To Host - Chronometer" Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
M Connection problem Call of Duty Battle Royale Discussion 1
D Poor connection General Call of Duty 3
Tthizzle88 COD: Advanced Warfare | Connection Bar 1-5 Real Quick Call of Duty Media 0
InfamousSlayer I'm BACK!!! And With BEAST Connection - 100MB Down! Call of Duty Media 0
G Awaiting Connection/Server timed out issues. General Call of Duty 5