• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

graphic settings

Tactical Gaming

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Oooohhh... attack of the jaggies!!!

What are we working with here?

Console or PC, I'm guessing PC, am I right?

Let's assume I am, what CPU, what GPU and how much ram are you running?

I helps us to know what we have in place so that we can see what it's capable of and what features might exist to help you.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Ok, I am running an i7 3770k so your CPU is not an issue and 16GB is ample RAM, however you GPU only meets minimum specifications, recommended specifications require 4GB in order to hold all of the textures.

You could try reducing the resolution and using Geforce Experience to optimise towards performance as much as possible, but I think to see any substantial improvements you will need to upgrade your graphics card. One of the members on here recently upgraded to an RTX2060 and is blown away by the results, a GTX1660 would be a more affordable option.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Unnecessary comment dont you think?
i know thats not not a monster thats why i asked.

and thank you Dizzy!
That's pretty monstrous to me. I mean you could use a better CPU/GPU, but it's pretty powerful from where I sit.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Unnecessary comment dont you think?
i know thats not not a monster thats why i asked.

and thank you Dizzy!
You're most welcome.

Let people say what they like about your PC, it might have a 7-year-old CPU, but it's not as old as my 8-year-old CPU and I am only just starting to plan a replacement, like you, I found I had to upgrade my graphics card, which I did 2 or maybe 3 times over since I built it, but this little workhorse has been good for me.

If you get it right at the time that you build it (or buy it), then all it takes are a few tweaks to keep it right, you don't always need a new build every 3-years. I might even add an RTX2070 now and then carry it over to a new build later, seeing as I want to play at 2560x1440.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
That's pretty monstrous to me. I mean you could use a better CPU/GPU, but it's pretty powerful from where I sit.
Now I am curious, what's in your rig?

For some reason I thought you'd have an all-powerful rig that played with everything cranked up to the max, with enough headroom to capture video with no loss in performance.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Now I am curious, what's in your rig?

For some reason I thought you'd have an all-powerful rig that played with everything cranked up to the max, with enough headroom to capture video with no loss in performance.
I used to have a top-of-the-line PC that I've used for 10 years, but I currently own a crappy prebuilt (groan) that does some basic actions quite well.

But, his is pretty powerful for something like Modern Warfare, some improvements are needed, but it's quite nice. I mean, i7 is only two generations before the new i10 (i9, really).

Doesn't even complete the specs of the rig, but yeah...
Here are the recommended specs. His rig can easily run it... https://www.callofduty.com/modernwarfare/pc

Operating System
Windows® 7 64-bit (SP1) or Windows® 10 64-bit
Processor
Intel® Core™ i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
Video
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 - DirectX 12.0 compatible system
Memory
8 GB RAM
Storage
175 GB available hard drive space
Internet
Broadband Internet connection
Recommended Specifications
Operating System
Windows® 10 64-bit latest update
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ R5 1600X Processor
Video
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 / AMD Radeon™ RX 580 - DirectX 12.0 compatible system
Memory
12 GB RAM
Storage
175 GB available hard drive space
Internet
Broadband Internet connection

See, all he needs is a Graphics Card/GPU change.

Last edited:

DizzyDemon

Recruit
But, his is pretty powerful for something like Modern Warfare, some improvements are needed, but it's quite nice. I mean, i7 is only two generations before the new i10 (i9, really).

See, all he needs is a Graphics Card/GPU change.
Yeah, I just checked, his CPU launched in 2014, my 3770k was bought in 2012, the 4770k launched in 2013 and then a year later the 4790 launched, so his CPU is actually only 6 years old, and yes, still strong enough to cope with current games, just with stronger graphics support.

If that was my PC, then I would be looking at another 2 to 3 years at least before swapping it out and with a powerful enough GPU you could carry that forward to the next build.

You might find this video to be helpful when it comes to selecting a graphics card, it's a change from the usual x vs y video.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements

Angels of Death