• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

gun control

sedeciim

Recruit
sure been on the TV a lot lately.

i just keep wondering why they're advocating for a total civilian gun ban when they could restrict the access to guns by making everyone attend a harsh course before using a gun.

I don't think fully banning them is the correct course of action, I'm also not sure how you would logistically make everyone attend a safety course. I think better regulations are what is needed.

sedeciim

Recruit
well, we're not allowing anyone to drive without a drivers license and proper lessons either, i dont see how its any different for guns. But yes, regulations sounds like the best course of action. Stricter so that no one feels unsafe anymore.

I suppose what I'm trying to convey is that just because we say people have to do something, they may not do it. People drive without licences or corrected vision all the time. Saying someone has to go to a gun control class does not mean they will. That's why I think that outright banning won't work either. Regulation is likely our best option.

sedeciim

Recruit
You've got a point actually. I guess car crashes in general are so normalized that few bother to care.

But at the other side, the victims as of now has been children and vurnerable minorities. So it makes more sense that they'd go harder on that issue regardless of whether it actually helps or not.

But yes, regulation, not banning. Banning is never the answer.

Parzival

Recruit
Over here in Brazil civilians can't buy guns, but recently a big debate over whether or not that's a good thing began. I personally think it can't get that worse than what we have right now.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements